One More Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
There is another preview at:

http://www.sharkyextreme.com/features/article.php/2831_2210031__1

It's all stuff we've seen before, however I thought the following quote was interesting - it looks like the game is really coming along.

Much to everyone's surprise, the viewing would not be in QuickTime, and the demo would be similar to Quake's .dem files, basically a code sniffer that runs on a fully functional executable. That means two things: A) Half-Life 2 is, at the very least, playable and B) how well it runs on this test system can approximate how the final product will run on home systems. Ken stated that a Dell XPS with a 3.0 GHz processor and ATI Radeon 9800 was used for the demo, which is basically a high end system by current standards

Note that this was during a private off-site press screening

I gottta get a new video card before it's release. I have to play HL2 will all the settings maxxed out. :dork:

I'm with Jager, it's one thing to be able to run it on a DX6 graphics card and a 700Mhz CPU, but I want to run it at 1280x1024 with 4xAA and 8xAF then.

The game's bound to run better than on the test system, they'll have time to optimise their engine and the graphics card makers will have time to optimise their drivers.

I've got my Geforce 4 Ti4200, and a p4 2.4ghz. Just need to get about 500 more bytes of RAM (Only have 256)

Sweet, just did a search and this poped up. Can't wait until this game comes out. Just heard about it. Been in the jungle for a few years in south america working with an advanced bio toxin made to change the cell structure of human kind into robots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back