Oni

Jesus Lincoln

Reaction score
Now, i was just on the bungie (one of the butt-ugliest websites ever) forums to see the H2 madness unfold, and i was able to choose my avatar, they had 10000 halo related ones, and one of Oni

This reminded me of a game i hadn't played in years, it was made by bungie way before Halo, it is a great game, very stylistic, kinda anime style action shooter style game

It is a buried treasure and if you havn't played it, find a demo or buy it (value bin)

Hmm...Bungie can make games i like then. I thought Oni was mint, bit bland but the gameplay was mega fun.

Hmm Oni I played that recently. Good game, some bad texture work but otherwise good game.

Oni was pretty good. I liked it very much.
I played through it many times. It had great story and the controlls really great. The music wasn't the best part but the graphics made it special.

It would be great if they did Oni2 with Cel-Shading. :)

Marathon was sooooooo much fücking better!

Oni was awesome, I loved it. Not being able to save was a pain in the arse though.

I loved the melee combat in ONI. The game would have been better if they had included a multiplayer....

^yeh :)

Oni was great, but multiplayer (co-op :)) would have been excellent. Not being able to mod for it was annoying too (Oni was crying out for a G.I.Joe conversion :))

A sequal would be very welcome.

Hmm... when you think about it, Oni had the same bland leveldesign/art of Halo.

But Oni was pretty fun, nice shiny box too :D

Levels don't matter - it's what's in them ;)

Take Doom 3 - the complete opposite.

If my memory doesnt fail me, Oni means something like devil in Japanese.

Just so you know ;)

Yes, an evil ghost-demon-spirit thing.

I remember that game but I never got to play it. I was thinking of looking for it on budget. Worth buying for a tenner or so?

The action was really cool, with all the moves you had , but the game had a crappy weapon system

Starcraft:Ghost seems to be taking a lot of influences from Oni, I too loved Oni - the hand combat system was quite impressive for it's day - though can u imagine what sort of carnage with today's tech could do?

Cell Shading, per-pixel detection, bloom...shame ghost is console only.

Never played it until the end, but I remember it to be quite awsome :D

I remember playing the demo, I thought it to be pretty good. Still seems bland though. :D

I remember playing Oni. I thought it was a pretty boring, average game. Couldn't see why so many people loved it...

YES! This game kicked arse :E

But I lost my cash converters second hand copy :(

Wow. I haven't thought about Oni in over a decade, probably because this thread is 12 years old. Lots of old familiar faces I miss though...

Back