Operation Everlasting Shadow Interview

rec

Reaction score
During August we took the time to sit down and have a chat with some developers involved with the upcoming Half-Life 2 modification, Operation Everlasting Shadow. Due to circumstances out of our control only now can we finally deliver this content to the public.

For a great read on what looks to be a fantastic modification, direct your attention here.

neat interview.. but the images on the right aren't appearing, just getting red squares, thought I should mention it

Is this mod even alive? I checked the webpage and they haven't updated since September 2nd, lots of broken links, etc. ('course, plenty of mods go over a month without an update).

Speaking as the mod's leader... we are alive.... the reason we haven't updated since then is becuase we were waiting for this interview to be put up. It's getting an update in the coming days :)

It's alive :D

Glad to hear it, Badger. Like I said, I'd seen many mods go for longer than you guys without updating, I just thought you had some interesting ideas in there and it'd be a shame to see you leave the party before it started.

Why thank you :)
Yeah, we usually update twice in a month.... and thank you very much for your compliments.

Maybe I'm just a newbie. But I'm stuck. I heard that this modification is based on Half-Lfie 2. How did they start this modification when Half-Life 2 isn't even out yet?

Shift, development of models and plot writing can beging long before the SDK or Half-Life 2 is released.

They simply create their content in 3D Studio Max for example, and import/export whatever they need later.

Yeah, rec is right, and on such a plot orientated mod, we had to start work on the script etc quite early. Also, we can do feasability studies of certain features based on existing games etc, to see if they would work well. 50% of a mod is good planning :)

Back