Orange Box tops Metacritic PC and 360 Rankings

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
Great news as Valve's Orange Box tops the Metacritic rankings for both the PC and the Xbox 360.[br]
October 17, 2007 - The launch of The Orange Box - the unique new multiplatform, multi-game offering from Valve, creators of Half-Life? 2 and Counter-Strike? - has been met with incredible critical and commercial success, capturing the top rated position for all PC and 360 games during an explosive North American retail debut.[br]"By all accounts The Orange Box is exceeding everyone's expectations," said Doug Lombardi, director of marketing at Valve. "The North American launch continues this week as retailers who experienced temporary outages over the weekend are being replenished each day. Meanwhile, the first retail units are appearing in stores this week across Europe."[br]With reviews coming in from around the world, Orange has earned the top spot as the highest scoring PC (topping Half-Life and Half-Life 2) and 360 title of all time according to Metacritic.com.[br]<brAvailable now for the PC and Xbox 360 and coming soon for the Playstation? 3, The Orange Box includes Half-Life? 2: Episode Two, the second installment in the Half-Life 2 episodic trilogy; Team Fortress? 2, the sequel to the game that put class-based, multiplayer team warfare on the map; and PortalTM, the game that blends puzzles, first person action, and adventure gaming to produce an experience like no other.[br]To bring gamers up to date with the Half-Life 2 universe, The Orange Box also includes Half-Life 2 and Half-Life? 2: Episode One.[br]The Orange Box has a suggested retail price of $49.95 on the PC and $59.95 on the Xbox? 360. In the coming weeks, The Orange Box will also be available for the Playstation? 3 console systems.[br]For more information about The Orange Box, please visit www.steamgames.com.
[br]I must say it is great to see such a great response for the Orange Box!

Hehe.. Comapred to the Halo 3 player reviews, nearly everyone voted 10. Those who didn't bitched about something that wasn't even viable to bitch about. All in all, I hope it doesn't go down when more companies start reviewing it..

It'll probably go down soon...like BioShock.

I'm glad Valve put more effort on close captions this time, makes me want to see Deaf Gamer's review.

Note: I ain't deaf, but there are lots of deaf players.

The day a Half-Life game out sells halo will be my happiest day. It will come!

The format of the cut and paste is all Halflife? and Counterstrike?

Good news. I would've liked to see Episode Two and Portal rated higher (even though they're very good right now), but time will tell as more reviews are factored in.

Still, it makes sense that Valve has once again set new standards. :cheers:

It'll probably go down soon...like BioShock.

I'm glad Valve put more effort on close captions this time, makes me want to see Deaf Gamer's review.

Note: I ain't deaf, but there are lots of deaf players.

Here we go : The close captions are suberb, but lack some of the sound effect subtitles. and sometimes sounds like antion grub sound are written down as 'antion grub' not as 'rggghhh'(the voice). and it makes the game little difficult when you need to play the game and read long subtitles.

I give it a rough 9/10

and yES I am deaf. Lost my hearing 1,5 years ago.

The day a Half-Life game out sells halo will be my happiest day. It will come!

Not necessary...Given the reason that big sales made Halo so bad and most hated game ever. (while the gameplay IS actually good. It's more than meets the eye'

Here we go : The close captions are suberb, but lack some of the sound effect subtitles. and sometimes sounds like antion grub sound are written down as 'antion grub' not as 'rggghhh'(the voice). and it makes the game little difficult when you need to play the game and read long subtitles.

I give it a rough 9/10

and yES I am deaf. Lost my hearing 1,5 years ago.
How did you lose your hearing? I'm just curious.

Awesome news about metacritic, and well-deserved!

Back