Overclock that beotch!

Bleeder

Reaction score
Woohoo!!!! i just finished overclocking my cpu from a 2.6 to a 3.12! kick-ass, this is my first joyful experience with overclocking....anyone else have any succesful experiences you wanted to share (or brag about)?

My 1700+ running at 2100mhz, so I guess thats like 700mhz oc?

Got my Barton, xp-m 2500, from 1.8 to 2.6 gigs on air. Not too shabby :) (or that difficult really, this chips are great for overclocking)

Just my 2600+ overclocked to 2200mhz...i would overclock it to gods end but whenever i do my pc becomes unstable...even if i just up it to 2300mhz...i havent got a clue why, it doesnt overheat AT ALL but everytime i ask about overclocking someone comes along and starts speaking a different language and im just like yeh ok thx :|

Ill ask again, what do i need to do? how much voltage do i need boost it by? my psu is fine (Tt 480W, my temps are fine, 51c under max load at 2.2ghz)

Alig said:
Just my 2600+ overclocked to 2200mhz...i would overclock it to gods end but whenever i do my pc becomes unstable...even if i just up it to 2300mhz...i havent got a clue why, it doesnt overheat AT ALL but everytime i ask about overclocking someone comes along and starts speaking a different language and im just like yeh ok thx :|

Ill ask again, what do i need to do? how much voltage do i need boost it by? my psu is fine (Tt 480W, my temps are fine, 51c under max load at 2.2ghz)

It varies from chip to chip.

I personally wouldn't put anymore than 1.85 volts through it, and keep an eye on the temperture. It seems you've reached the limit on your cpu, though. Be happy with 2.2, apparently there's very little performance increase with xp's when they go higher than that anyway :)

(I'm assuming you have a xp 2600? It's the xp-m's that are really good for overclocking)

This means that now you can tell me how to overclock?

I'll overclock when I can no longer run at full details at 1024x768 with AA. And by that time I'll probably upgrade anyway. I might overclock my old computer though... just for kicks. I'll be the first to agree it's fun to mess with technology. :naughty:

I got my 486 sx25 running at 50mhz, thats a 100% overclock... and the best part was there was no heatsink OR fan on the cpu... I'd like to see you try that with any modern cpu.

The best overclocking chips are Mobile Athlons 2400+ and in the Intel side 2.4A, for more overclocking stuff and GREAT overclocking forums go to www.extremeoverclocking.com, I am signed up there my s/n is blindvomit, also right now there updating the forums so I don't know how long it's going to be till there open again.

I'm currently using the stock heatsink and I can OC my A64 3000+ (2GHz) to 2.4GHz without raising the voltage (1.5V).
I run it at 2.3GHz though. Don't want to push it all the time. ;)

I have cool&quiet enabled so when I'm at idle it cuts the voltage to 1.3V and drops the multiplyer to 9 instead of 10. It runs very cool. :thumbs:
10x230=2.3GHz (1.5V)
9x230=2.07GHz (1.3V) which is very close to stock 10x200=2GHz (1.5V)

What is also amazing is I have two old Corsair PC2700 (166MHz) 2-2-2-5 512MB sticks.
With the 230MHz bus speed, the memory is clocked at 191MHz (It's an automatic ratio) and the timings are holding at 2-2-2-5. I have not had to increase them yet as I have not hit that wall.

heh my 2.4C is at 3.4ghz :)
i would try to push it more but my psu is crap (13A on the 12+ line), dont want to risk anything. so im waiting for my psu to come in next week.

I have a 2400-M Barton. :)

Running perfectly stable (so says prime95) at 11.5x200 (2.3Ghz) (up from 14x133)

It's game-playable stable at higher speed than that, but I keep it here for the summer (my cpu is 45C idle :( ... in the winter is was 39C)

Alig said:

I can't get my 2600+ passed 2035mhz without artifacts going ingame and shit, I don't know why, temps are all fine and everything, that is why I got a 3000+ coming here :cheers:

Im running my barton2500 at 2.2ghz(11x200)(will kick it further up towards the winter) at stock voltage, but i can actually lower the voltage and still run stable as ever, not by much but it shows that it's a good cpu.. :) temp is 40'ish celsius idle and 50ish at max load. Thermaltake volcano 7+ at 3800rpm(can go up to 6000 :O )
My graphics card is also oc'ed.. Sapphire radeon 9800np flashed to pro and running stable at 405/398. Could probably kick it up a notch or two now that i have my zalman in place.. :D I love my comp now. :)

DiSTuRbEd said:
I can't get my 2600+ passed 2035mhz without artifacts going ingame and shit, I don't know why, temps are all fine and everything, that is why I got a 3000+ coming here :cheers:

Don't get a xp 3000 m8 - it won't be very good at overclocking either.

An xp-m 2500/2400 will be cheaper and much faster ;) These are easily the best Bartons you can buy.

Warbie said:
Don't get a xp 3000 m8 - it won't be very good at overclocking either.

Its only getting overclocked 40mhz, to 2.2ghz :thumbs:

DiSTuRbEd said:
Its only getting overclocked 40mhz, to 2.2ghz :thumbs:

But why spend more?

Get an xp-m and overclock it to 2.4 - 2.6. It'll still run cooler than an xp 3000+ too :)

All the chips are Bartons, the xp-m's are just the best of the best bartons - and cheaper! :) It's a win win situation.

3200 has a 400mhz FSB meaning the whole machine can run faster, which increases the whole system performance dramatically over a 3000 and every other XP clocked to the same speed as a 3200. It's worth the extra money.

Pobz said:
3200 has a 400mhz FSB meaning the whole machine can run faster, which increases the whole system performance dramatically over a 3000 and every other XP clocked to the same speed as a 3200. It's worth the extra money.

The mobile Bartons are handpicked, being the highest quality Bartons that Athlon produce. Other than that, there is no difference between the chips. xp-m's run at 400 fsb (often higher) with no problems at all.

//edit

An xp-m 2400/2500 is a better Barton than an xp 3200 (xp 3200's generally aren't good enough to be mobile Bartons, unless you're very lucky indeed)

Yeah too bad I can't use a 3200+ since my fsb goes up to 333mhz, thats about it.

I OC'd this computer to 2.96 from 2.4 (Pentium 4). I am in the process of OC'ing my friend's computer to be faster, since I don't think his memory should give problems on a higher OC.

Back