Parasitics

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
Headcrab! Headcrab! What a ridiculous word. What a vain word! The Overwatch are right not to use it. Many debates on the parasitics have occured on this forum, and many have made the point that the fast and poisonous varieties are evolutionarily stupid. That their own method of taking a host makes the host redundant. I am of course refering to the fact that when taking host these species block off the mouths of their vicitims, their human victims. It's vanity that makes us think this. We look at how they prey on humans. We calmly ignore the fact that these creatures did not evolve alongside humans. They evolved in another world entirely. We make a stupid association because of the name that has been ignorantly placed on these creatures. Headcrab. How bloodly stupid of us. They don't need access to a head or brain. The investigation of a transhuman soldier who has fallen victim to them will show this. No. They are not headcrabs at all.

Attachments

• parasitic.jpg
    parasitic.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,724
Laugh
Out
Loud

You're funny Riomhaire...

If you're being serious, though, it's slang. What else are you gonna do? They attach to heads of humans, your first association: head! Plus they walk and look like deformed crabs: crab!

I don't know man I would call em' Facef***ers because they latch onto peoples faces and make f***ing motions.

And Darkside looked upon this and smiled, for he saw it was good and true.

Great job. I wonder though, if nothing is native to Xen, then would the Vorts be the headcrabs natural enemy?

It may be the case of nothing being native to Xen but they all come from the same planet , this is also evidenced by the vorts in Ep2 saying they used to farm antlions. So at the very least vorts and antlions are from the same planet.

Or you could call them "head-humpers" like Barney lol.

But I like headcrab, not everything has to be completely correct. I mean think about it, tick has no reference to bloodsucking either, it's just a name for the creature.

Personally, I like "headcrab" it sounds cool. :p

To be honest, headcrabs open a cavity in the host's chest that acts as a mouth to eat. They don't need human faces.

Aw, no vortizombies? :(

Do you ever see the process of a person transforming into a zombie? The closest I've seen is the guy with the "new hat" behind the fence in Station 6, but the presence of full zombies there suggests it must happen pretty quickly.

EDIT: Erm, I'm a manhack now? What's that mean?

Vortigaunt zombies = best thing ever

We'd finally get to kill vortigaunts again!

The first time I saw a headcrab, it reminded me of a digimon named Koromon. Yeah, don't ask -_-'

But otherwise, yeah, headcrabs do have that resemblance to crabs.

I wonder how a Fast Zombigaunt or a poison one would look like....*begins to imagine*

Do you ever see the process of a person transforming into a zombie? The closest I've seen is the guy with the "new hat" behind the fence in Station 6, but the presence of full zombies there suggests it must happen pretty quickly.

In Half-life 1 just after the incident you see a zombie having a seizure in front of a computer , he stops if you destroy the monitor though so it's unclear whether it was part of the mutation process or if it was some form of alien epilepsy. I always assumed it was the mutation process.

Crabs can eat through helmets.

Zombines anyone? It would be wicked awesome if there were fast zombines or poison zombines.

well vortigaunts eat headcrabs... but ive considered that the head crabs may have preyed on vortigaunts.... i dont know about antlions getting crabbed... im pretty sure theyed just eat them too... kinda like how the bullsquid in hl1 attacked headcrabs and the headcrabs didnt fight back...idk... if some one who knows latin wants to generate a scientific name for them using binomial nomenclature... go for it

Back