Pariah MP demo on Friday!

Bleh, hate it. The weapons don't feel right, and it pretty much just sucks on other fronts.

Yeah, it's not that good... I'll try and play it on a decent server though, because the Assault gamemode was quite fun.

Well, I'm getting a tad worried now.
I sure hope that the game will give me a different expierence...rather than the ones you guys have.

I did a quick peek at Plan of Attack, just to check out the weapons and the map.
The guns are pretty neat, albeit CS-esque.
The map is alright...textures on doors and the like are pretty low-res and blurry.
Meh, I'll go online with it after my Pariah d/l is done.

The gameplay is ok, feels too much like UT for some reason, maybe because the weapons are similar to the ones UT have. The portable healing is nice, until you drug yourself crazy and your screen looks are blurry. :E

At first it seemed pretty cool, but its osmething that will get old extremely fast. The weapon models kinda turned me off, I liked shooting the rocket launcher though :p

I just wanted to mention how much of a rocket-fest this really is. They really, really need to balance the weapons. Annoying.

It was a pretty average game. Not as good as UT2004.

The vehicles have an annoying zoom effect going on. The weapons are the most uninspired I've seen, did they just copy & paste from UT? When zoomed in with the sniper rifle you can't move your cursor pixel-by-pixel, meaning you can't even get your crosshair over some people. I guess this is an unreal engine thing. The weapons aren't even fun to use and you're never sure if you're doing any damage or not. Crap level design on every single level also.

Meh to it. I dont believe how annoyed I am. Oh well, we'll see how SP does.

God, this is taking FOREVER to download!
It's already been atleast 2 hours since I started...and there's still 44 minutes left!
That's what I get for going for the lesser-wait time...A UK based host.
Blah.

Samon said:
Meh to it. I dont believe how annoyed I am. Oh well, we'll see how SP does.
yeah,i saw on another forum that guys from the ign staff were posting about it(the game not just the demo) in their pariah forum and basically said it sucks,i couldnt find the thread myself and found it odd that staff of a gaming site(and such a big 1) would be openly criticising a game thats not even finished so maybe that guy was bs'in

i'll await the sp demo but wont hold my breath

Wow this game rocks! The granade launcher is godly! Love it!!!

Has anyone else noticed how the mouse gets really slow when you have enemies infront of you? Its not lag.

Raziel-Jcd said:
Wow this game rocks! The granade launcher is godly! Love it!!!

Has anyone else noticed how the mouse gets really slow when you have enemies infront of you? Its not lag.
thats auto aim

I turned it off. Before joining the game so its not that. Plus it didnt lock on anything. Just was so annoying.

40%

Praying it's not as shit as everyone's saying, I was looking forward to this :(

Meh with a capital Meh.
The vehicles arent fun to drive
the weapons are pretty standard and the modifications dont make enough of a difference (tried firing the magnetic grenade straight up - drew loads of shrapnel then exploded like a party popper)
the sniper rifle is a bit lame
all of the crosshairs feature halo style hairs that do not cross - just fat consoley circles
in fact I think the whole thing is just too consoley
no new ideas AT ALL
even gunman chronicles had a better weapon modification system than this.
It feels a bit like breed.. that says it all really

sorry thats pretty much a depressing review for the guys still downloading - just have a backup plan (of attack) for this evening when you realise its pants

Yeah, I thought SP sucked, and I'm going to try it out now... Well, later on once I finish downloading :)

Fairly sure I will not get this game though...

Welp...That was a 2hrs and 44 minute download down the drain.
That was my worst online expierence I've had with a game in awhile.

+ Some nice visuals...

- No atmosphere
- Bland sound effects for everything
- Horrible netcode
- Clunky Interface
- ...******* it, everything sucks.

All that hype... God.
I have small hopes for the sp.

Either way, I'm definitely not buying this game.

Don't be expecting anything from SP :p From the demo, I thought it was crap.

AI was horrible, sure it did some things like covering, but nothing else. Level design was _very_ linear. You can't skip through in-game cut-scenes, level was so short in demo I was all "wtf?" and increasiing AI only made their health go up as well as their damage they give... Nothing in their tactics changed to make them more advanced!

Iced_Eagle said:
Don't be expecting anything from SP :p From the demo, I thought it was crap.

AI was horrible, sure it did some things like covering, but nothing else. Level design was _very_ linear. You can't skip through in-game cut-scenes, level was so short in demo I was all "wtf?" and increasiing AI only made their health go up as well as their damage they give... Nothing in their tactics changed to make them more advanced!
i think i'll still try it but i more than likely wont get it,the long wait for a decent new fps continues.......

The only real weapon I find fun is the grenade launcher. They combined the UT grenade launcher with a flak cannon! I love this thing and it seems to be the only thing I use, otherwise a fully upgraded assault rifle fires will do since it mows people down in seconds.

MP isn't that bad, although I don't like the fall damage, it is too easy to lose a bar of life because you like to jump off things.

Can´t read "toron" files. Which program should i use?

It doesn't even work for me, it crashes when I try to access servers and it comes up with error messages and stuff.

hmmm i just had a game there now and i really enjoyed it,the map was much better than the 1 i played yesterday,it was just deathmatch but i really enjoyed it,still want to try the sp

Back