PC Action Mag: Black Box Release Date

they are unify the classes too much?
have you ever played tf? tell me how scouts or medics are going to take down sentries WITHOUT standard nades?
I find this very valid and very scary. :(

I find this very valid and very scary. :(
i think valve's plan is, that the hwg and the demo can take out the sentries with help of medics.

but the offense will take ages, not to mention that this leads to either:
-) the offensive force beeing strong enough to break through the defenders. but if they can do so once, the surely can do again because medics can heal like crazy now (distance heal + invul). so the enemy team has to reassign guys from the offense to their defense.
-) the offensive force will crush their heads on the defense, but i can't see another valid way than just reassigning defensive medics/demos/hwgs to the offense.

so basically, you can't solve this situation by personal adaption (like taking other routes to the flag or grinding the def sentries down) but by team adaption (reassigning). we will see how this works out ...

As for the 'nades. Valve aready said why they removed them. They unify the classes a bit too much. That, IMO, seems like a pretty valid problem.

Sorry but if you've EVER played TFC, you know what you just said is complete bullshit. I highly suggest people who don't know what the hell they're talking about to just stop talking...you can't come to any TFC vet and explain that new changes are good when you yourself don't have the experience to be qualified to do so.

Sorry but if you've EVER played TFC, you know what you just said is complete bullshit. I highly suggest people who don't know what the hell they're talking about to just stop talking...you can't come to any TFC vet and explain that new changes are good when you yourself don't have the experience to be qualified to do so.

instad of using harsh words, you instead could have explained WHY you thing its bs. you know ... without arguments, your post is as valid as his post.

I highly suggest that you try and realize that Team Fortress TWO is NOT Team Fortress CLASSIC. If you don't like the changes Valve is making, then go play TFC. Or wait on Fortress Forever. Either way you're still playing a game whose design became specifically not good when the year 2000 rolled around.

I highly suggest that you try and realize that Team Fortress TWO is NOT Team Fortress CLASSIC. If you don't like the changes Valve is making, then go play TFC. Or wait on Fortress Forever. Either way you're still playing a game whose design became specifically not good when the year 2000 rolled around.

i already elaborated on the 5th page whats the real problem.
tfc was different from the original tf
q3f was different from tfc
and ff will certainly be different from q3f, tfc and tf

the point is, that tf is a system many people have relations to. and most of these people have a common perception of what exactly makes a tf a "real" tf.
fast weak capture classes beeing amongst these things, as well as robust defensive classes like the hwg and the demo. also, a complex movement system with an open skill-cap is something found in every previous iteration of tf and actually contributing, if not founding, the very balance between all classes.

see ... i remember when valve released tfc with the old hl patch (was it 1.0.4?) and there were serious concerns about the sniper and if it can fit in the system. but it soon turned out that the sniper became virtually irrelevant to clan wars, and proved to be a fine addition to public gameplay and to the additional gamemodes that were introduced later on (dustbowl and thelikes).

all during that time, vital basic features remain untouched.
after valve originally announced tf2 based on an improved hl-engine, i can't remember anyone actually speaking against it. because judging from the pictures, it was a completly different game (more cs/battlefield-like, of course, these 2 were not even released or in very early beta). so everyone knew that, although it was named after tf, it really had little to do with it.

now this time around, valve is taking much of tf ... the classes, the maps, the overall gameplay modes. so they want to "lure" in active/inactive tf players from previous iterations. but instead of respecting the burdon this legacy brings with, they try to shake up things. now that alone would be a reason for a cryout. but in addition to that the changes they are introducing are shortsighted and implicate MANY severe problems in gameplay dynamics.
and we all know how good valve can bring out "balanced" multiplayer games ... virtually not at all. this REALLY concearns me, because many people are EXPECTING tf2 to inherit tf gameplay and not radically changing it.

Look. they're NOT telling them that TF2 will inherit TFC gameplay. They're telling them that it IS radically changing it. If you don't want to play TF2 the way they make it, then DON'T.

It's that simple.

Idiot.

Back