PC Gamer Counterstrike Source screenshot

Lol I can't believe ppl fell for that :D

Bravo Para bravo! :cheers:

CB | Para, I don't believe this is the screenshot. I don't know how u did it but that definetly is a far cry weapon model

vertetski said:
CB | Para, I don't believe this is the screenshot. I don't know how u did it but that definetly is a far cry weapon model

for a sec i thought it was farcry. i agree....... :hmph:

noluck said:
o btw can i ask where you found that photoshoped pic ? its a really fake attempt tbh .. they could have atleast not tried using the first level of a game which half the world population has played

Hey I resent that! I made the pic in under ten minutes lol :E

i never played farcry but i recognized it in the first second :)

Dear ****ing god people! It's a FAKE! it's farcry with a pic of a cs model put into it!

Chris_D said:
There aren't as many hackers in CS as people think.

Exactly. I'm tired of people crying "cheater," most are too inexperienced to make such a judgment call.

Edcrab said:
It makes me laugh when people slam VAC for it's ineffectiveness but seem to think that Cheating Death is infallible...

Cheating death *WAS* infallible in its prime. I remember the day jules (I think that's the guy that made OGC?) said he was no longer going to update OGC for the public, because CD literally patched out the newest OGC within an hour of its release.

Ah, the memories..

c0ltM4a1 said:
well some of us may think cs is fun u shouldnt speak for others if u dont have any thing nice to say why even post it?? :rolling:

theres a coherent sentence in there somewhere. :rolling:

MaxiKana said:
Dear ****ing god people! It's a FAKE! it's farcry with a pic of a cs model put into it!

we knew that on page 2 :rolleyes:

How come when I make a photoshop, ppl spot it straight away...I take ages making it all mix in perfectly :(
Then Para sticks an overbright ct onto a obvious picture of farcry and the masses fall for it!

Damn Para! Teach me the art!

simmo said:
we knew that on page 2 :rolleyes:

There was a guy at the top of this page(my page 2) who said that that can't be the real pic.

yea anyone who has ever played FarCry knows thats from the begining of the game when you get your first weapon.

As for CS, I love it!!! I admin a server (69.89.69.6:27015) and we dont get many hackers, just a few a week. VAC cant keep up with all the cheats people make so we have to ban/kick players a lot. We also made it so you cant say anything about other peoples race. Its a nice friendly server.

You guys cant bash CS, its the largest online gaming community there is. SO of course its gonna be full of idiots and n00bs, but there are a lot of good players also.

Isn't it sad that not only is this entire thread turned into a discussion of a joke photoshopped Far Cry pic, but even if there was a real, legal screenshot to see, it would just be of something we've all seen full motion video of already anyway. We are so desperate, it's sad.

SubKamran said:
You know, I had the same view of CS when I never even played the fricking game. Now my brother plays it and I deduced that people talk smack about it because THEY SUCK AT IT. It's a fricking HARD game, not a pussy game. Yah, there's hacks and idiots, but a lot of the people are fine and don't even chat.

I played counter strike 2 years ago for about 5 months.

i certainly didnt suck at it.

so there goes that theory.

The article in PCGamer UK is just a small eyewitness report on the showing of CS:S at E3 and goes on to say that all original Half Life content will be transfered over to source. It also says CS:S will be released at the same time as HL2 and will be part of HL2 special edition, but it is not HL2 multiplayer. The screenshot is just of the aztec map with a couple of notes on what has been updated.

Mr-Fusion said:
Counter-Strike is a fantastic game and the community is friendly and helpful.
:LOL:

CB | Para said:
Alright here it is, I don't care if I get banned because I think people should see this!
:LOL::LOL:

IMO, CS is a great game spoilt by a bratty player base. I've long deleted it in favour of UT2004. ;)

CB | Para said:
Alright here it is, I don't care if I get banned because I think people should see this!

LOL.....man I seriously hope that is a joke anyone that has played farcry should be able to tell that thats clearly a farycry screenshot and not HL2!

Is that screenshot still our main point of discussion? Well, although this dead horse is infact so decayed as to be earth I suggest you examine the pic I've linked to in my sig; it's currently the best available screenshot of CS:S.

Yeah, I remember jules's remarks on OGC... and of course a huge collection of lamers followed in his footsteps, but that guy had finesse, in a slightly odd and twisted way. It almost seemed, once upon a time, that CDs excess vulnerabilities were left alone as it was a community project, but these days hackers are trying to bypass everything. Stupid gits.

Isn't it nice to see all these threads, safe in the knowledge that I'm currently holding the mag in my hands :p

BoS said:
That CT model on the left has not been changed in any way at all if that's the source model. It looks like it has the same poly count even.
LOL...thats just a far cry screenshot with a ct photoshoped in.

funny pic, ill have to save that.

Actually, the Far Cry pic isn't that far off. The deagle in the CS:S shot looks just like it except with shite textures. Them models look rubbish (like they've been ported straight from CZ, although they haven't) and the level is very 'plastic', if you get my drift. :/

They've got a HL2 preview later on with frames from the Gamespy video (cropped, or course) and say thing like how Mossman is 'flirting' with Freeman. Please! They also stupidly seem to think that it's all chronological: 'While scouting Ravenholm, Gordon is caught in a zombie ambush. But it doesn't stop him reaching Eli's lab...'

Bring back Matt Pierce, I say.

Varsity said:
Actually, the Far Cry pic isn't that far off. The deagle in the CS:S shot looks just like it except with shite textures. Them models look rubbish (like they've been ported straight from CZ, although they haven't) and the level is very 'plastic', if you get my drift. :/

Not like it matters, I've had custom models in CS that look better than every Far Cry gun, and CS:Source will have them too

So why aren't these shots available on the internet yet? that drives me nuts. We have to wait for the magazines we don't need to buy before we get the goods. All in the name of exclusive!

I'm got that PC gamer, bloody hell it looks good, the updated models look amazing. Btw i can't believe some of you fell for that FC shot! :rolleyes: Hilarious.

Bicka said:
So why aren't these shots available on the internet yet? that drives me nuts. We have to wait for the magazines we don't need to buy before we get the goods. All in the name of exclusive!

It's already on the net.. case in point, I've seen it. :)
Anyhow, it's pretty good, but it doesn't look as spectacular as I had hoped

I never played far cry...sooo yes I did fall for that pic.Go ahead and laugh.... :(

What PC Gamer

What PC Gamer magazine is it that shows screenshots of Counter-Strike Source. I've got the June 2004 magazine but there only was a big special about Half-life 2 itself not about Counter-Strike Source (it wasn't even mentioned) So what magazine are you guys talking about??

CS is a great game. As soon as CS:S is released, even if it's a seperate purchase from the HL2 box I'll be buying it. :)

BoS said:
That CT model on the left has not been changed in any way at all if that's the source model. It looks like it has the same poly count even.

stupid :LOL:

CS model -> FarCry -> Photoshop

what's wrong with scans....
you will get no commendation from PC Gamer or any legally powerful entity for keeping scans out of the HL2 Forums

Well its a fair guess that Valve have control over what is allowed and what isn't. The same way they had it with PlanetHalflife.com.
If its Valve's wish to keep the magazine previews seperate from what is officially released on the net then they'll do what it takes.

the CS comunity in my country are:
addictes that play using all cheat possible
if someone is killed whit the magnun rifle they screem "whiout sniper hijo de puta"!(bad word translated to spanish)
also that everibody play like bots, moving and acting like progamated
is litle boring play CS here

<RJMC> said:
the CS comunity in my country are:
addictes that play using all cheat possible
if someone is killed whit the magnun rifle they screem "whiout sniper hijo de puta"!(bad word translated to spanish)
also that everibody play like bots, moving and acting like progamated
is litle boring play CS here

translate that spanish phrase into english and you have the american CS scene :)

Dougy said:
I played counter strike 2 years ago for about 5 months.

i certainly didnt suck at it.

so there goes that theory.

Yes...inexperiance.. I have played for 4 years :D..And I see newbies yelling cheater, cheater 24/7 when it's clear the other player is just good!

really? cause it's a screen shot from a round of CS i was playing earlier today. I just have real nice skins on all my models. And i'm pretty good with photoshop. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up, but I'll take a gander and say it's pretty representative. At least I hope so.

Back