Pink Floyd - Best and Worst?

brad92

Spy
Reaction score
So I'm a fanatical Pink Floyd fan. Literally fanatical. So to all the Floyd fans here; what's your favorite and worst Pink Floyd album?

I'd have to say my personal favorite is The Division Bell. That might come as a surprise to some; considering Roger Waters had no part in that album or the one previous. But I honestly believe that it is the best musically.

I'd have to say my personal worst is The Final Cut. Far too much emphasis on the lyrics I think. I do love The Gunner's Dream though. Felt too much like The Wall Part 2 to be honest.

What's say you? :)

Best: Animals

Worst: I don't actually have one. I don't think DOSTM is all it's cracked up to be, but it has it's moments towards the end (when Roger takes stage, heh heh!) and I wouldn't consider it their worst. Ummm. I'm not actually sure. Not a huge fan of the early Syd stuff, I'll admit.

I really like The Division Bell. I don't think any of the albums are particularly bad although I thin the Wall is slightly depressing! There's only one song I really, really, REALLY loathe and that's Bike.

Best: totally Animals.

The Division Bell.. just didn't cut it with me. It didn't have the charm that other Pink Floyd records had. There's just something about it.

Pretty cliched but Dark Side of the Moon is the greatest album to listen to while high EVER. "Speak to Me/Breath" into "On the Run" is one of the best musical experiences you can have.

Best: Toss up between Piper at the Gates and DSOTM
I don't like Waters solo stuff at all so I guess I wouldn't like Final Cut either.

Back