Pissed at Canadian Government

dream431ca

Reaction score
And not just the one in power..the WHOLE government. All there doing is complaining about this thing called the sponsership scandle. What is that?? It's when the government was found giving massive amounts of money to private companies, instead of using that money to help the country and it's cities. Now..All that's going on is all 4 parties are yelling about the sponsership scandle and ignoring Canada. Isn't the point of Government is to take care of the Country and not arguing for 2 years about this stupid scandle? And the thing that mostly really gets my angry is that the opposition parties see this sponsership thing as a huge target and are completely ignoring the country while they attack the party about the scandle....It is now true that there is no government here in Canada...just a bunch of old men playing at running the world. For once, I wish I was in another country.

Stern and ghostfox will be here any minute to discuss. :)

so your saying all parties in canada would give money to private companies?..over the loyal public and its homeland? :(

Alot of politicians are in bed with corporations. Sucks.
Leaders should be more like father/parent figures. Take care of your children (people). I'm sick of hidden agendas. All bullshit.

KoreBolteR said:
Stern and ghostfox will be here any minute to discuss. :)

so your saying all parties in canada would give money to private companies?..over the loyal public and its homeland? :(

No not all parties. Just the liberal party. That's what the other parties are complaining about and just ignoring their position in government. It's dumb.

GiaOmerta said:
Alot of politicians are in bed with corporations. Sucks.
Leaders should be more like father/parent figures. Take care of your children (people). I'm sick of hidden agendas. All bullshit.

Hidden agendas are the worst..because someone will find out sooner or later, and when they do, the whole country has to stop for them.

Yes, I agree, the Canadian government does suck.
In fact lets hold an election right now, Datrix for PM!

make a new party.

Hl2.net party.. we'll easily win over the other crayzee parties :D:D

Datrix said:

Even if we held an election..that wouldn't help. I bet you that the people will still vote in Martin rather than Harper or Layton. Nobody wants Harper in..he's too crazy and Layton doesn't know what he's doing.....actually nobody knows what their doing.

dream431ca said:
Even if we held an election..that wouldn't help. I bet you that the people will still vote in Martin rather than Harper or Layton. Nobody wants Harper in..he's too crazy and Layton doesn't know what he's doing.
I want Harper, imagine are military with him in power for eight years! :sniper:

Datrix said:
I want Harper, imagine are military with him in power for eight years! :sniper:

Well...I guess that's all he will be spending on. At least it's better than giving large sums of money to private companies.

dream431ca said:
Well...I guess that's all he will be spending on. At least it's better than giving large sums of money to private companies.
Exactly. :thumbs:

But you must understand a lot of people don't like Harper..I don't know why..maybe the conservative party is trying to get into power too hard. There thrashing everything they can at the liberals right now...it's pretty messed up. Although it's kind of entertaining.

Corporate Canada is in bed with their Government?

Just like Corporate America, France, Britain, Uganada, and Iceland?

Corporations and the governments of every country work together to bring you, the consumer, the appropriate price, while earning absolutely absurd amounts of money. When the government and corporations fight, as they have numerous times in American history, the government ends up adding taxes and tariffs and all kinds of financial limitations on corporations. The corporations merely send that down to you. If they politicians want to make money on the side, good for them. The only thing thats stupid is that this is being discussed.

gh0st said:
Corporate Canada is in bed with their Government?

Just like Corporate America, France, Britain, Uganada, and Iceland?

Corporations and the governments of every country work together to bring you, the consumer, the appropriate price, while earning absolutely absurd amounts of money. When the government and corporations fight, as they have numerous times in American history, the government ends up adding taxes and tariffs and all kinds of financial limitations on corporations. The corporations merely send that down to you. If they politicians want to make money on the side, good for them. The only thing thats stupid is that this is being discussed.

You competely misunderstood my whole post...The governmet GAVE these corporations a massive amount of money..TAX FREE!!! Our old PM was friends with these companies and when they needed money (keep in mind these are private companies) the PM would reach into his pocket and "here's 12 million". Now 2 years after..the government is in an uproar about it..stalling the government and leaving Canadians ignored. It's not the Politicians that are making the money, it's the private companies who recieved millions of dollars just because they were friends with the PM. This is VERY different from America my friend. Our government has become corrupt because of this, and because our government is a minority government it makes things so much more unstable.

dream431ca said:
You competely misunderstood my whole post...The governmet GAVE these corporations a massive amount of money..TAX FREE!!! Our old PM was friends with these companies and when they needed money (keep in mind these are private companies) the PM would reach into his pocket and "here's 12 million". Now 2 years after..the government is in an uproar about it..stalling the government and leaving Canadians ignored. It's not the Politicians that are making the money, it's the private companies who recieved millions of dollars just because they were friends with the PM. This is VERY different from America my friend. Our government has become corrupt because of this, and because our government is a minority government it makes things so much more unstable.
Sorry I dont exactly keep up to date on Canadian politics. Are you mad that money was given to the corporations (we do this, its called a bail out), or are you mad that the government is in an uproar about it?

gh0st said:
Sorry I dont exactly keep up to date on Canadian politics. Are you mad that money was given to the corporations (we do this, its called a bail out), or are you mad that the government is in an uproar about it?
He's angry at both, I think.

gh0st said:

Well....According to the Goverment here in Canada..Private companies must support themselves because there private (no government involvement). So as soon as the other parties in the government heard that the PM was giving the people's Tax money to these companies...a political war broke out and it's been lasting for 2 years. I'm just tired of the polititans arguing about it and getting on with running the country..the country has basically been at a stand still for 2 years...it's pretty annoying. Well...I'm not too mad about the government wasting our tax money on these companies because what's done is done. What I can't stand is that the oppostion parties will continue to attack the government until one of 2 things happen:

1. The government will collapse due to corruption

2. A change of power

I just want them to get the country moving again.

Man, I miss Jean Chretien. Paul Martin is a dink, but I'd probably vote for him anyway if they call an election this spring. If only to help keep Harper out.

dream what the hell are you talking about this doesn't even concern your province. for those not in the know here's the deal. federals gave a lot of money (mostly public service funds) to private enterprises who were friends of the liberal party of quebec instead of giving it to the provincial government. in exchange for this money little to no work was done and basically we look like a bunch of profiting, lazy assholes since these companies are indeed quebec-based, they're however liberals. (fellow americans: in canada, the bunch of thieves at our parliament are the libs.) not only that but the publicity agencies who had the responsibility of distributing the said funds correctly, handed itself 100 million in commissions out of the 250 millions total. what the f*ck?! basically as it stands we are pissed and liberals laugh. not much can be done as of now, the money is just gone.
this issue is relatively quebec-based. our media has been conducting surveys in the other provinces that show that generally you guys just don't give a **** about the issue since it doesn't affect you at all other than the resulting elections. in fact as of last week 3/4 of surveyed ontarians had never even heard of the Gomery comission.

for us however this is immensely influencing, it's clearly the end of anything liberal-related as to the government of my province (many sectors of the working class are currently in the streets of montreal manifesting against the current insurgency of liberals at the head of Qc), and the imminent coming to power of the conservatives only means sovereingity is finally nearly at hand for us. and once that's done canada can then choose another minority among it's provinces as it wishes, however we've had enough.

I take my information here.

Buddy of mine is getting his Citzenship Thr-Frid this week.... He couldn't wait to leave that hole of the earth... We're celebrating for his 8 year ordeal of making the change with burning French / Canadian (Same thing) flags and drinking American Beer.

His final roar before he becomes an American will be... CANUCKS suck! lol.

wow, a separatist quebecer! now THAT's shocking.

honestly i don't care about separation as much as getting rid of thieves in my province's office.

shellback: how about catching your idiotic selves on fire with those flags, you peasants, and furthermore, i'll bet 20 bucks your "american beer" will be something along the lines of a heineken

Sgt_Shellback said:
Buddy of mine is getting his Citzenship Thr-Frid this week.... He couldn't wait to leave that hole of the earth... We're celebrating for his 8 year ordeal of making the change with burning French / Canadian (Same thing) flags and drinking American Beer.

heh gotta be a jarhead ..pathetic shellback even for you

Sgt_Shellback said:

You're really on a ****ing role tonight aren't you

Heh, what's next Shellback? Will you write a note in your livejournal about 'frogs' and 'canucks' or how Saddam Hussein is "so damn insane"?
Current Mood: Overtly Indignant.

I know that's (probably) a joke, but the absurdism is lost when it's surprisingly in character.

Anywho, on the topic (which I suppose Shellback either ignored or didn't bother understanding): I am also dismayed that these idiotic and entirely preventable screw-ups on the Liberal's part are giving Harper and his band of ****wits more power than they deserve.
In a perfect world, IMO, the Liberals would end up replaced with the NDP.

Mechagodzilla said:
In a perfect world, IMO, the Liberals would end up replaced with the NDP.
Well, in the perfect world, we wouldn't need government would we? :p

But yes, they do seem to be the best option, but as per usual the likeliness of them being elected isn't so great.

I agree although I fear a harper government which may come to pass if an election is called

To be perfectly honest I think Harper is a putz and have no interest in him running the country. His major platform used to be democratic reform, which he has cut, so I don't see him bringing anything new to the table.

I used to like Paul Martin, but when he became PM he had his body stolen by good 'ol JJJ C, and he has become a useless ditherer. The thing that bothers me the most is that he has agreed to scrap corporate tax cuts in order to swing the support of the NDP to his side. The week before he was defending how vital and absolutely necessicary these cuts were to the economy. I can't stand that the Liberals care more about their own party then the country right now. Just for once I'd like them to have some sort of conviction and actually stand for something.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can find a politician who stands up for what he believes in, regardless of the movements of public opinion. It's not going to happen this election though.

If Harper gets in office (which he probably, unfortunately, will) I will kill myself.
The problem is that Martin just really wants to be liked and Harper just really wants power. They're both doing a bad job. But ****ing Harper will do a worse job because he's such a god damn douche bag

he has a zealot's gleam in his eye ...we all know how dangerous zealots can be ...just look south of the border

CptStern said:
he has a zealot's gleam in his eye ...we all know how dangerous zealots can be ...just look south of the border

hey, south of the border is the northeast, we are civilized, its the clowns below us :thumbs:

kmack said:
hey, south of the border is the northeast, we are civilized, its the clowns below us :thumbs:

ooo a dig at RJMC and adrien c, haha :O

KoreBolteR said:
ooo a dig at RJMC and adrien c, haha :O

its actually a dig at dumb fat ass change fearing bible thumping conservative clowns everywhere in the south. dont limit it to them ;)

dream431ca said:
And not just the one in power..the WHOLE government. All there doing is complaining about this thing called the sponsership scandle. What is that?? It's when the government was found giving massive amounts of money to private companies, instead of using that money to help the country and it's cities. Now..All that's going on is all 4 parties are yelling about the sponsership scandle and ignoring Canada. Isn't the point of Government is to take care of the Country and not arguing for 2 years about this stupid scandle? And the thing that mostly really gets my angry is that the opposition parties see this sponsership thing as a huge target and are completely ignoring the country while they attack the party about the scandle....It is now true that there is no government here in Canada...just a bunch of old men playing at running the world. For once, I wish I was in another country.
Be happy you have 4 idiot parites to choose from for your national government. All we have here are 2 idiot parties.

I don't know much about Canadian politics, but I do know there's an election coming up in BC. At least some of you can do something about that... And if you're indifferent, vote against Gordon Campbell for me, would you? I'm not a fan. At all. His and his parties social policies are none of my business, I realize, but untreated waste pumped out of Victoria, which they've refused to do anything about, is my concern.

~psyno, from Seattle

dream431ca said:
No not all parties. Just the liberal party. That's what the other parties are complaining about and just ignoring their position in government. It's dumb.

hmm...the trouble is, the Conservatives aren't too much trustable either.
once in power, they will do other things to tick off the public.. starting with tiered health care.. i don't know where ur stand on tiered health care is.. but i don't like the idea.

CptStern said:
just vote for layton

thats probably what i am gonna do since i don't like this sponsership crap and my fear of what the Conservatives will do.

but well know the NDP won't be winning this election.. :|
oh well i'll still vote for Layton.

Dr. Freeman said:
hmm...the trouble is, the Conservatives aren't too much trustable either.
once in power, they will do other things to tick off the public.. starting with tiered health care.. i don't know where ur stand on tiered health care is.. but i don't like the idea.

thats probably what i am gonna do since i don't like this sponsership crap and my fear of what the Conservatives will do.

but well know the NDP won't be winning this election.. :|
oh well i'll still vote for Layton.

ya I'd hate to think voting for layton would be a throw away vote but the reality is that we have a 2 party system. I too am afraid of Harper's new world order conservative fascism (;) ) Too often I've voted liberal for fear of a conservative govt

Tr0n said:
Mmmmmm...*cough*

fartherer south? ;) (gonna be hitting the gulf of mexico if I go any further)

Datrix said:

Dude anyone would be better than those Liberal Leftist Economic Diasaters. This country has been run too long by those who only fill the pockets of thier friends and selves. But most Canadians respond with apathy.

Back