Planethalflife: The countdown is on! HUH??

lans said:
FFS, guys do you really think that valve would choose to tell such a big news to some random fansite admin?

No. Pratt doesn't know anything more than us. A news such as HL2's release date/gold countdown would only be known to someone important like the publisher or the industry insiders, who have deep contacts with valve.

Pratt is not a random fansite admin. Planethalflife is in the huge gamespy ring and probably the most popular of HL fansites in terms of getting news (though I can't back this up; strictly deduction). In addition, Halflife2.net is a huge community. Valve knows all this. If they wanted to spread the word as quickly as possible that HL2 went gold, they wouldn't tell USA Today or PC Gamer (where it would have to wait another couple of weeks to see the light of day). They would go to planethalflife, here, and probably HL2fallout as well, as they host the largest gatherings of HL enthusiasts. Why do you think they've been making their minor announcements on the forums? As for industry insiders, who do you think the people who run these sites are? Half of them are in mod development at the very least. Just a few thoughts.

kaellinn18 said:
Pratt is not a random fansite admin. Planethalflife is in the huge gamespy ring and probably the most popular of HL fansites in terms of getting news (though I can't back this up; strictly deduction).

They also have a long history of getting inside news from Valve. Remeber Fragmaster? Love him or hate him, he always had the inside track.

DarkStar said:
They also have a long history of getting inside news from Valve. Remeber Fragmaster? Love him or hate him, he always had the inside track.

That is very true.

Ghost Freeman said:
You silly, silly, silly fool.

I hate you with every fiber of my being

What ?

Jarman said:
OT

Jules frequently quotes "Ezekiel 25:17" in "Pulp Fiction," but in fact he has greatly altered the Bible passage. The actual passage says:

"And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them."

Here's what Jules says, adding bits from the 23rd Psalm and his own rhetoric:

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides with the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon those with great vengeance and with furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know that my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Yup. I knew it was something like that. I couldn't remember exactly, but when I first heard it it sounded different so I looked all that up to find out what was going on. Well, it "sounds" official anyway.

How about Valve sheperding this game through the valley of gold for us brothers out here!! Or I will have to lay my vengeance upon them! :E

omg...You banging Pulp Fiction? Oh boy I'm gunna kill you...

And you will know that my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee < BANG BANG BANG BANG>

Absolutely kick arse. I can only pray we go gold today....AND! Gold AND we can buy it over Steam today...I have a 5 day weekend mkay?

Well wasn't Chris_D and others recently at some convention in London? Maybe mods from other sites went as well.
Its possible they picked up some interesting information..?

Something is fishy, and VALVe usually updates something on a wednesday...could it be...hmmm....whatever... ... . dot dot dot

It's another fake. Don't forget hl2 has 2 or 3 more plreloads till its released retail. ghasp...

CrewXp said:
It's another fake. Don't forget hl2 has 2 or 3 more plreloads till its released retail. ghasp...

Where you get this info?

klown said:
Where you get this info?

Eric at valve said there would be multiple stages of preloading for HL2 over a span of a few weeks.

2 or 3? we have textures and we have sound all we really need is binary and maps and i thinking that they would have them together when hl2 goes gold and the whole thing is up for preloading because you can never be to careful

(the binary may be already with us aka css)

TheWart said:
Eric at valve said there would be multiple stages of preloading for HL2 over a span of a few weeks.

But don't forget Gabe has said that people are making fake acounts all over posting things like this. So don't take this as fact unless it was posted at the Steam forums by Eric (which I don't believe it was. I think it was PHL where someone else made another fake developer acount).

TheWart said:

actually he said a couple weeks

Why do people come in here and ask the same question. Check the start of the thread before you skip to the front and ask a question that everyone else like you asked.

Or...You can keep refreshing your steam list looking for HL2 pre-load. I think it's FUN!

So why the **** did PHL put the article up in the first place? What piece of info could they have received ...perhaps it was an email from [email protected] ??

Guys, we are attacking like a bunch of pidgeons, (I admit I do a lot also), but basically we will know when something big happens, trust me, I think everyone in the world will know.

Quick Q... How much time was remaining on the counter? I didn't see it on any of the pages I read so I figured I'd ask.

wonkers said:
Or...You can keep refreshing your steam list looking for HL2 pre-load. I think it's FUN!
hehe i do it all the time......yes i have no life ;(

BlazeKun said:
Quick Q... How much time was remaining on the counter? I didn't see it on any of the pages I read so I figured I'd ask.

it was just the text " the countdown has started " kinda, i think. . .they changed it now thou

so.. basically Pi has been killing everyone in this thread with the deadly weapon of curiousity? neat :)

Back