PLEASE HELP stuck on sandtraps!

D

DOODEY

can someone please tell me what to do in sandtraps when you get the ball that makes the antlyons help you. there is a closed door i cant open and a log hanging from the sewer. I couldn't hear that guys instructions because my sound was off.

the vortiguant..(however u spell it) was supposed to have opened it for u..um load to a previous point and hope he opens it next time?

How dare you play hl2 with sound off....
Your going to have to load back to previous save

you have to test the bugbait on the dummy

he gives you orders to call them, them have them attack the dummy, only then will he let u go through.

BTW TURN YOUR SOUND ON! :p

you should've entered that door... if you were too late to go inside together with the Vortigaunt... go reload an earlier save game.

DOODEY said:
I couldn't hear that guys instructions because my sound was off.

I just don't know why you'd go to all the trouble of actually coming on here, making a post, and waiting for a reply, when you yourself said it.. You couldn't hear that guys instructions, which was all you needed to do.

Can't believe he made all the way to Sandtraps with the sounds off...

how in the hell did he pass ravenholm then?

DOODEY said:
can someone please tell me what to do in sandtraps when you get the ball that makes the antlyons help you. there is a closed door i cant open and a log hanging from the sewer. I couldn't hear that guys instructions because my sound was off.

If you don't want to play with headphones or speakers at least turn on the captions so you can read what people are saying. I've turned on the captions to figure out what some NPCs are saying because sometimes it's hard understand them.

BTW, there are a lot of things that NPCs will tell you that you really should hear (or read).

if you're already in the vortigaunt camp. toss one of the pods into the lit up pit, then throw one at the dummy, then squeeze the pod. if the vort is still there turn your sound up for crying out loud, or turn on subtitles. if the vort is not there then there was a script error and you'll hve to reload.

Sandtraps problems too !

I'm glad I'm not the only one that this has happened to. Let me explain..After killing the big antlion the Vortegon tells me to collect the Pheropod. After doing this the Vortegon doesn't go through the door into the cave area and I had real trouble to get past him (he seems to block the entrance) When I go to the back of the cave area, past the two humans and arguing Vortegons,and the guy says "Go right ahead" or whatever, there's no way to open the door to get into the practice area...I've gone back loads of times to previous saves and tried again and again. I actually managed to get some barrels in place and jump over the fence to get in but when I do, nothing happens despite throwing Pheropods, squeezing em and doing Elvis impressions in the nude.....I sympathise with the author of the original post....HELP !

Great Grizzly said:
you have to test the bugbait on the dummy

he gives you orders to call them, them have them attack the dummy, only then will he let u go through.

BTW TURN YOUR SOUND ON! :p

This should solve your problem..

And Yes! Turn your sound up! You will miss half of the game if you dont. :cheers:

Sandtraps

Nahhh I'm not talking about THAT part. I can't even get INTO the area where the dummy is.....Can't get the door open to get IN there in the first place. Can only get into the cave area where the tents etc are......

If your running a legit version a reload will fix scripting errors. If your not...

u will av to load another save point and start from there ..........AND TURN UR SOND UPmake shure u can here it speak (alien/man)i dont no hu waz supposed 2 open the door it must be the electric alien.

Back