Need some modding help on the Steam client.

Reaction score
So i was tampering with steam a bit, and i found a secret "Console" menu... so i tampered with it too.
And i found some interesting commands in it, but the most interesting one is the "open" command.

Now people thought its impossible to use the steam client as a web browser, well thats where i need help.

Inserting the "open www.google.com" command in the console will take you to the google search engine.

so i was thinking that someone here could add a tab next to the "store, library, community and the *Your name* tab. And here is the proof for "pix or it dednt harpoon"
kmeka.JPG

What would you do if I told you most of the tabs of the Steam Client are just browsing the internet?

Well i know ffs and i want one of the tabs to open google cause the url bar is restricted

From what I know, you simply can't. You can run .bat files from your desktop that will run those console commands, but adding new content to the filesystem, will most likelly conflict with the core files , and result in a crash on launch and corruption in Steam's local files. The reason why you can add a console tab, is because it already exists within Steam's files.

But don't take my word for it, maybe you can mod some of the files by use of some magic, but I higly, HIGHLY, doubt it.

From what I know, you simply can't. You can run .bat files from your desktop that will run those console commands, but adding new content to the filesystem, will most likelly conflict with the core files , and result in a crash on launch and corruption in Steam's local files. The reason why you can add a console tab, is because it already exists within Steam's files.

But don't take my word for it, maybe you can mod some of the files by use of some magic, but I higly, HIGHLY, doubt it.
Could i simply just edit the menu's?

i've been playing youtube videos trough steam as a browser for years now.
That way my pc runs smoothly with games on steam(which is not the case if i have chrome in the background for some reason)
AND it's easier to change a track by going shift+tab.
just go into achievments or something while you are ingame and woala! you have a working browser.

i've been playing youtube videos trough steam as a browser for years now.
That way my pc runs smoothly with games on steam(which is not the case if i have chrome in the background for some reason)
AND it's easier to change a track by going shift+tab.
just go into achievments or something while you are ingame and woala! you have a working browser.
Orrr just use the actual, fully functional browser that's available in the Steam Overlay by clicking 'Web browser'?

Back