Plot question

krabman7

Reaction score
:sniper:How long does Gordon stay is stasis between Half life 2 and Episode 1?
Because the last time you see Mossman and Eli they are in Dr. Breens office. In ep1 Mossman is in the Borealis (?) and Eli and Kleiner are in The White Forest.

He is, dumbass.

And I think it's been around a week from HL2-Ep 1 and and I'm not sure how long the difference is between Ep 1 and 2.

Correct me if I'm wrong isn't just a few hours?

Correct me if I'm wrong isn't just a few hours?

Yeah, i thought so too, that's why i posted my question of how exactly did Mossman and Eli make it so far in such a short time in the HL2 Mystery's thread.

Yeah I figured they took one of those razor trains going out of the citadel

I've asked the same question before here but i'm pretty sure it's a matter of perhaps 24 hours...

I doubt its that long because the citadel is about to go boom as soon as HL2 finishes which doesnt leave long in between.

it cant be longer than a day, because Alyx is looking for Gordon when ep1 begins. She would have given up hope, if she was searching for more than a day.

Eli-Mossman escaping Citadel and arriving at the train station: 30mins - 1 hour
Eli-Mossman getting on a train and arriving at the base: 3-4 hours
Mossman leaves base with chopper (in a hurry) in search of Borealis, chopper lands and continues on foot: 2-5 hours
Mossman finds Borealis: 2 hours (but that is relative to when Gordon finds the video)

It is a bit confusing in the game because when Gordon wakes up in ep1 it is still day and in the video of Mossman she speaks likes she's been searching for Borealis for long.

Unless (as implied by Gman) time for Gordon and Alyx passed a lot slower than for the rest (given the relative nature of time).

Time, Dr. Freeman...

I'm willing to chalk it up to science shit we don't know about.

We do know that gravity warps time and chances are tunneling through dimensional rifts is altering space time. Maybe blowing that crap up created a gravity well for a short period of time but it was time enough to slow things down for anyone close to it. So more time might have passed for people outside the citadel then we'd know.

Lord knows they like to play with time in the story.

ZachAttack that's exactly what I think. It makes perfect sense.

omg really

There are scientists that go so far to say that Gravity is Space Time and the effect of gravity we feel is directly linked to our planet (and solar system) being in the universe and bending space time with its enormous size.

Which means time is different depending on where are you in the universe.

That's the ultra simplified version of of it. Read Brian Greene's "The Fabric Of the Cosmos" for a better explanation of it.

Probably a matter of hours. I think 6 for some reason.

...And I always wanted to ask this: Did we really see snow in Undue Alarm?

There are scientists that go so far to say that Gravity is Space Time and the effect of gravity we feel is directly linked to our planet (and solar system) being in the universe and bending space time with its enormous size.

Which means time is different depending on where are you in the universe.

That's the ultra simplified version of of it. Read Brian Greene's "The Fabric Of the Cosmos" for a better explanation of it.

Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time much?

oh-snap.jpg

Back