Police fatally shoot man while restrained

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
Authorities continue to investigate the early Thursday morning officer-involved shooting at the Fruitvale BART station that left an unarmed man dead as questions concerning whether he was restrained during the fatal incident surface.

BART police were called to respond to a fight between two groups of men onboard a train traveling from San Francisco to the East Bay, spokesman

Five officers had gathered at the Fruitvale BART Station platform when the train arrived shortly after 2 a.m., Allison said.

Officers worked to separate the men, who were dispersed inside the train and outside on the platform, according to Allison. BART police did not say how many people were involved in the fight or what spurred the confrontation.

At some point during the effort to bring the men under control, a BART police officer's gun fired one bullet, hitting 22-year-old Oscar Grant, according to Allison.

Three or four people on the platform were put in plastic handcuffs, called "flexi-cuffs," during the effort to bring the scuffle under control, Allison said. While Allison stated Grant was not in handcuffs when he was shot, police said it is unclear if Grant had been cuffed at any point before the shooting occurred

The BART spokesman?s version of events stands contrary to the claims of some eyewitnesses to the incident interviewed immediately following the incident. Several witnesses who did not know Grant told KTVU they saw him lying on the ground already restrained when the shooting happened.

"He had the zip ties around his ankles and wrists," claimed one witness.

One of Grant's friends who was with him on the train asserted that the officer who shot Grant was heard shouting "Oh my God!" repeatedly immediately after the shooting.

sounds like an accident however why did the police officer have his gun at the back of the victems head? there 4 officers attending to him and he was restrained

http://www.foxreno.com/news/18394595/detail.html#-

here's the video of the incident

http://www.ktvu.com/video/18409133/index.html

I've glanced at the video it's not graphic

Just looked at the video. They streight up just shot him execution style.

Anti-cop Stern is on the case.

Lol yep, Stern is such a crazy anti-establishment hippie with his hard-liberal don't-shoot-an-unarmed-tied-up-man wayz.

BTW, video doesn't load for me in any browser. :/

EDIT: Found it on youtube.

Anti-cop Stern is on the case.

actually I believe cops to be 100% innocent 100% of the time. they would never cross the line into criminality because much like superman they're icapable of not doing what's right, for peace and justice and the american way

see? you and I are very much alike, like kindred spirits in the night divided by nations sharing one passion one conviction: that police are as pure as virgin snow, as trustworthy and loyal to the people they serve as is humanly possible ..I even believe the half whispered truths that are seldom spoken in the light of day: police are beyond human and more akin to supernatural beings of justice beyond our mortal understanding

No good EVER came outta Fruitvale!

Actually I'm bullshitting; what up Fruitvale? Stop having fights, won't get shot! People just trying to get to Alameda, ain't trying to get shot.

Wow that video, thats heartbreaking. what the fvck was that cop thinking? If this cop doesn't get thrown in jail, there will be riots for sure. I wonder what the other cops did after the shot.

Whoa whoa whoa hold up what the fuck? I just watched that video Laivasse posted, and did they just say TWO AM? Don't no BART trains run at 2am! I used to take that train every dummy-ass day and I still take that train like every week, shit don't run at 2am this is bullshit what the hell were they doing there that late goddamn did they change the schedule again I swear to God I'm gonna be pissed 'cause one time I got home from a flight at midnight and I had to take a $50 cab ride 'cause no trains were in service

maybe because it was New Years

If this cop doesn't get thrown in jail, there will be riots for sure.

You haven't been in this country very long, have you? :LOL: This asshole will get off, the police department will defend him to the end, a few black people will bitch and moan, and then we will all be back to watching american idol until the next black victim the cops happen to run into.

You haven't been in this country very long, have you? :LOL: This asshole will get off, the police department will defend him to the end, a few black people will bitch and moan, and then we will all be back to watching american idol until the next black victim the cops happen to run into.

From the post above you this is supposedly in Paris.^ Wait where exactly is this. Man but still dude something should be done...

California ...would it have killed you to click on the link in the OP ..sheesh

Anyways I just came in right as the vid was posted, found it disturbing..and really didnt wanna look into it any further..I just assumed it was in paris from what gunner said. But wow Cali is really ****ed up.

Jeez, from what it looks like, then way to reckless manslaughter, cop dude.

Back