Poll of Parents reveals: Tv good, video games bad

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
Parents 'mostly' agree: gaming "mostly hurts" young children, TV "mostly helps"

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/25/parents-mostly-agree-gaming-mostly-hurts-young-children-tv/

yes because everyone knows episodes of Bratz or American idol are educational ...I can see how they give young girls a realistic depiction of their role in society :upstare:

As a parent I'd like to kick the other parents in the cajones for being so narrowminded

I pat this guy on the back for seeing it like it really is:

jostik said:
Dr. Stanley Greenspan, a child psychiatrist, says that the survey's results suggest that "[parents] are being misguided by societal messages." Given this assessment, the graph's data is hardly surprising, since societal views about video games tend do be more negative than those about television.

:dozey: I'd rather have my kids playing video games than sitting in front of the TV zoning out on dumb shows

I really wish they would just stop this anti video game bull shit:dozey: .

Funny thing is I can almost guarantee a poll from 30-40 years ago would have returned results stating that "TV mostly hurts children". Once the generation of video game players is in charge this will all reverse.

I watch TV nearly all the time while i'm using the computer.

I'M RUINING MY LIFE!

Yeah I watch TV while I play on my PC too and I have the radio on plus a second monitor playing movies and I'm fine... I'm fine... fine ff *head explodes*

I think they should beat up the makers of such shows like American Idol and put something like SKY Pro Gamers League: Starcraft on TV.

Redneck said:
I really wish they would just stop this anti video game bull shit:dozey: .

QFT.

Getting abit repetative, boring and over the top now.

Letting your kids watch and play whever they want: Good.
Doing some responsible parenting: Bad.

el Chi said:
Letting your kids watch and play whever they want: Good.
Doing some responsible parenting: Bad.

:thumbs: Words to live by.

Why, I oughtta rip out their intestines and shoot them in the face! How dare they.

Meh. Give it time. As The Mullinator said, once we're in charge, nobody will care.

but if that weretrue we'd have free love and peace ...instead we still have people of that same generation who preach old world ideology ...no the more video games become mainstream the more people will blame it for all of societies ills

there's just so many examples of things not really changing ..banning of harry potter, boobygate (janet jackson), music censorship etc etc

Raziaar said:
I watch TV nearly all the time while i'm using the computer.

I'M RUINING MY LIFE!
the good vs bad evens out then

for every hour you play games you need to watch an hour of TV to recover

This is the most gay thing I've ever heard. Stupid parents (not you Stern). :p

Back