Portal 2 DLC Perpetual Testing Initiative Released!

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
The second Portal 2 DLC titled Perpetual Testing Initiative (PeTI) which combines the powerful, easy-to-use Puzzle Maker with full Steam Workshop integration is now available for free on the PC and Mac.

It's a rather large update weighing in at around 800mb but will certainly be worth your time playing with the Puzzle Creator and trying out the hundreds of new maps which will be published on the Workshop.

Go have fun and link us to your creations so we can play ValveTime community maps and hopefully build a collection!

So, is there actual playable content in this DLC?

There are some valve made maps on the steam workshop, does that count?

There's infinite playable content! Some people are never happy.

That doesn't make any sense. People were doing maps for Portal 2 before this. Nothing has changed except that now there are more people making maps for Portal 2, but most probably the talented ones were already making maps for Portal 2 before this.

I am hoping for Valve made maps, because they are better quality than something made by some random user or Glenn, and they usually even have some new features or elements in them.

That doesn't make any sense. People were doing maps for Portal 2 before this. Nothing has changed except that now there are more people making maps for Portal 2, but most probably the talented ones were already making maps for Portal 2 before this.
True, but ease of use and sharing is not something to be scoffed at.

True, I do hope they would extend the sharing feature to their other games.

DUDE, if you haven't played them yet, go find and play 12 Angry Tests. Authored in the Hammer editor, it existed before the Initiative started but it's an amazing series. I didn't know about them before but the author uploaded them to the Workshop so everyone can access them from in-game.

Back