Portal 2 Soundboard

Mystery

Reaction score
Did a quick search to see if somebody had posted this already and found nothing, but here is a neat little soundboard of Portal quotes. Enjoy!

Question: Where can I get a high quality download of sound effects (such as turret, cores, GLaDOS, Cave, and Weatley quotes), and "Want you gone" as well as the turret opera? I'm asking because "The Orange Box" is on iTunes so I have "Still alive" but since I don't pay for/don't really trust most file share sites, and iTunes doesn't have anything yet, I was just wondering if it was out there legally?

Christ. @Mystery, I call your use of the word "little" into question. And "neat," while I'm at it.

Should be "big-ass linear list of every dialog sound file in all Portal games."

Question: Where can I get a high quality download of sound effects (such as turret, cores, GLaDOS, Cave, and Weatley quotes), and "Want you gone" as well as the turret opera? I'm asking because "The Orange Box" is on iTunes so I have "Still alive" but since I don't pay for/don't really trust most file share sites, and iTunes doesn't have anything yet, I was just wondering if it was out there legally?
Google and download GCFScape
Use it to open steam/steamapps/common/portal 2/portal2/pak01_dir.vpk
In this file go to root/sound/vo and extract away.

Google and download GCFScape
Use it to open steam/steamapps/common/portal 2/portal2/pak01_dir.vpk
In this file go to root/sound/vo and extract away.

So, I tried this, and learned the hard way about how GCFScape is not compatible with mac. Is there no other way for me to get the mp3/mp4 of the sounds so I can put them on my iPod or disk for my listening pleasure?

Nope, there isn't a mac alternative for GCFscape. You could install bootcamp though and do it that way. Or copy the Portal 2 .vpks to a USB key and plug it into a Windows machine, extract the mp3s to a separate folder then copy them back onto your mac.

Yeah - GFScape is created with the .NET framework. It would take more effort than is necessary to make an equivalent for OSX. You could perhaps try using WINE and installing the .net framework on your MAC that way?

Back