Portal: ApertureScience.com (Possible Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I'd think most are.

'Is anyone watching me? Eh... well... I... don't... um... think so, at least... :| ... Wait, why the fvck'd you wanna know? D:'

i really hope we get to find out everything about the portal program in the games, im going to assume Portal Dude (PD) walks through a portal right in front of gordon and company introducing the weapon into half life (but not before you walk through the portal into whatever area he came from).
i'd like to think that the base where PD works gets locked down and he tries to escape using the gun but because of the woman talking about the tests and this application form i think its voluntary, perhaps after awhile being stuck in the crazy life threatening rooms PD accidently stumbles into these "relaxation room/s" which could either be the exit or several check up rooms to eat, take a break, whatever.
i used to think it was a funny puzzle game but now its turning more deprived, the limits of human endurance kinda thing, very excited about this game.

The CAKE is a lie....

shouldnt it be "the CAE is a lie" as in Computer-Aided-Enrichment crisis team

the reason i say this is the cake references may be covert, after all someone is trying to talk to you secretly so adding a "k" to make it CAKE is a diversion.
As CAKE makes no sense its likely to be CAE instead.

An ASCII cake flashed on screen. creepah
Happens quite alot, theres a good screenie a couple of pages back.
The CAKE is a lie....

shouldnt it be "the CAE is a lie" as in Computer-Aided-Enrichment crisis team
Interesting theory, who knows. I've been trying to use information from portal to find some connection. Like their moto at portal.

"Theres a hole in the sky, through which things can...fly!"
"Apperture Science portal handheld device"
"At the enrichment centre we find individuals can make it through the most complex tasks while enduring the most intense pain" - theres a question at pain in the questionnaire.
"This next test is impossible"

All quotes from the portal teaser video.

"Theres a hole in the sky, through which things can...fly!"

I love that line!:upstare:

"There's a hole in the sky, thorught which things can...fly!
"The cake is a... LIE!"

What Valve is trying to tell someone is that Portal will not come out when they said it will which is obviously some guy's birthday, hence the cake is a lie. D:

EDIT: So it's based on an ASCII computer but you can only input BAUDOT :S

thing about paper. paper is an item. when we watch it much closer, we cee cells with microscope. "the cake is a lie."
We see Cake in that flashing picture. When we look "deeper" we see that it's made from letters. Now we have to look much deeper with microscope. What We will see then?

"the cake is a lie" -> We see cake, but it may have different purpose. That's what i think.

edit: Wait a minute?!
does 1.07 has a new riddle!?!? i just played it agian and it highlighted "h" for me
and the first "S" at page 3. -> A cake is a lie, does not have "h" on it.....

edit: ups i seem cant download my previous post, but it meant to be a THE cake is a lie right :D

What if you convert "thecakeisalie" to hexidecimal and use that as your id number?

Anything is worth a shot, people are working on lots of their own individual projects right now.

Capteeni do NOT triple post again please, this thread needs to be kept clean for progress updates, many people are reading it. Use the edit button in the future.

the link that wikipedia says as a "source" for a link between the Half-life 2 and Portal connection is not real. It's a Gamespot article that says nothing on any of that.

Gamespot guessed it's on the HL2 universe. Valve said nothing of it. Could be, could not be. Doesn't seem like Valve said anything of it yet though.

the link that wikipedia says as a "source" for a link between the Half-life 2 and Portal connection is not real. It's a Gamespot article that says nothing on any of that.

Gamespot guessed it's on the HL2 universe. Valve said nothing of it. Could be, could not be. Doesn't seem like Valve said anything of it yet though.

But Valve have said the character will play an important part in the furture of HL.

^^

Do whe know when exactly Valve has it's birthday? On their site and the Wikipedia entry, only the year 1996 is given.

I think this might help as Valve's 10th aniversery is this year and the birthday cake must mean something.

Edit: I'll ask on the steampowered forums.

I emailed Lombardi - it is set in the HL2 universe.

it looks like its thier 10th aniversery,
i went to get WHOIS for valvesoftware.com and see we did they registered the domain name
it says : Record created on 06-Oct-1996.

Almost a month away.

WHOIS

From what I can tell the UID is made up of two MD5 hashes (two 32 character strings). The first one is always the same, e3c11ce7d3288d99dff0d164ccf66135 and the other one is random, maybe generated from a timestamp in seconds, Unix time even.

Let's not forgot who first mentioned the idea of a Valve anniversary. :cheese:

on the opening of the original HL there were several experiments you passed during the tram journey, could portal have been one of them ?

if you type 'valve' at the command prompt, you hear a voice saying "good bye", and your browser redirects to google

edit: same thing happens if you type logout

i cant get the forth part to come up - the part after the 50 questions showing the video feed? hw can you activate it?

if you type 'valve' at the command prompt, you hear a voice saying "good bye", and your browser redirects to google

Yes, it was mentioned before.

i cant get the forth part to come up - the part after the 50 questions showing the video feed? hw can you activate it?

thecakeisalie

This is the number I got after typing the IP command if anybody is interested, or wants to compare with his:

bd67ada17010ac5e4e19130b78a80e926caa6f5b76a2f0a456500b4dadea3e63

its gotta be something for their birthday. Probably something from now until Oct. 6th since that is possibly the earliest recorded date of their creation.

its gotta be something for their birthday. Probably something from now until Oct. 6th since that is possibly the earliest recorded date of their creation.
I bet there will be an os version 1.08 on oct 6th then with a really big cake with 10 candels or something :LOL:

This is the number I got after typing the IP command if anybody is interested, or wants to compare with his:

bd67ada17010ac5e4e19130b78a80e926caa6f5b76a2f0a456500b4dadea3e63
Thank you, that'll be useful for copy and pasting.

I missed this, very interesting indeed!

Be sure to keep checking this page for updates too. Nothing new for now though it seems.

"A cake can be cut into seven pieces by making only four diameter cuts."

"What is your favorite flatware for, purely as an example, eating cake?"

"I like to eat cake while excruciating."

"Pick your favorite type of cake."-One response is babka, isn't that bread?

What's so special about cake? And I cant see the video.

here's something ineresting. When you are at the video feed, any key that is a valid input key that you hit (ie. any letter) will take you to that other page, but another key that shouldn't have a function that works as well is the left arrow. Can anybody make anything outta that?

Edit: ha! ignore me. I didn't realize that you could use that as a backspace as well. (and I went to all the trouble of regestering just to say that as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back