Portal Clan!?

R

RyRy

Was wondering if there is anyone out there that would be intrested, in joining together to form a sort of clan for this kind of game? Granted, there is no multiplayer "yet" but it would be nice to converse and help eachother out not to mention get some of the best "portal-ers" together, for when official multiplayer does come out. The possibilities for different kinds of multiplayer gameplay are endless cant wait to see the mods using portals.Im very intrested in portal even more so than the other games included in the orange box. To me It seems this mod/game can go further with creativeness as far as multi-player/mods/competition than alot of other games out there.

I myself have been playing narbacular drop for some time now, and have been using exite mod for some close to real "half-life portaling".

Just wanted to know who would be intrested in such a thing and if so let me know! Because im IN!

*Oh if need be I have extensive website hosting/resources/creating abilities.

I sure hope there will me multiplayer mods coming, if not an official multiplayer later on. I hope that portal will be a skillful game that will be hard to master (ala CPMA), not a noobgame like TF2.

Portal DM?

Yay, lets drop cubes on people! :hmph:

Although co-op would be awesome.

Wow, is MP even possible? Dropping cubes on pple would be fun, but it would be weird and things would be slow moving, because it's not every day you see Portal MP...

LOL WUT?

I would say its very possible, considering server variables such as, options to limit the amount of times that ur portal placed could render what was on the other side of the portal, vs's how many players are allowed on the server, especially with specs of PC's only going up since source engine was released and with them adding support to take advantage of multiple cores. very possible for allot of client side rendering, no need for the server to do alot of that work, all the server would need to do is know point a and point b of the portals and spawn the player there, with certain velocities. very possible, acutually i saw in an interview that the portal team, actually "Kim Swift" mentioned that they were already thinking of the idea of and the possiblity of MP.

very possible...

Back