Possible Portal: Still Alive Achievement thread

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
What new achievements will Still Alive bring?

I wonder...
Post your thoughts here!:thumbs:

Here are some of my ideas.

Just getting started... - Complete 1/4 of the Still Alive Test chambers
About Average... - Complete half of the Still Alive Test Chambers
I want cake! - Complete all Still Alive Test Chambers
Counting down - Complete the Still Alive Test Chambers in under *however long the expansion is*
Expert Scientist - Complete all Still Alive advanced Test Chambers
Survivalist - Complete the Still Alive Test Chambers fully without dieing once

Post your own here!

Valve should have hired you to do these. It takes some skill to think of 6 achievements purely for completing the chambers.

Alive n Kickin' - Carry a radio around with you everywhere to listen to Still Alive every second of the way. Oh yes.

Be fair, we have no idea what Still Alive actually is...

We don't know if its a new storyline attached to Portal or what...

So, for now, I'm just guessing :eek:

Be fair, we have no idea what Still Alive actually is...

We don't know if its a new storyline attached to Portal or what...

So, for now, I'm just guessing :eek:

Doug Lombardi himself confirmed it was new maps and no extension of the current storyline.

Valve's Doug Lombardi was recently interviewed about their upcoming Xbox Live Arcade release of the critically-acclaimed Portal. He gave some revelations as to what new content there will be and whether or not new plot elements were added.

Lombardi confirmed to Kotaku that they will indeed be adding new puzzles and more ways to solve them to give players more choices. He stressed that it made sense to add "points of entry to get to the party (and) open more gates to the theme park "

"The main idea is that this is Portal available as a download, and there is additional content as advanced challenges that will be available to you after you finish the critical path of the game," Lombardi added.

However, the Valve boss did shoot down speculations that an extended storyline will be included in the latest Portal release. "That's for a game to be named later perhaps," he concluded.

I saw.

Only today though...:(

I said no photographs! - Rip all cameras off the walls throughout all Portal levels, including Still Alive

Here is some of the ideas that I found that would be cool. Considering the fact that they might not add acheivements.

No floaties needed: Get "dipped" in the toxic water and live.

Where does it end Escape from test Chamber 2

Kick Ass And Chew Bubblegum: take off all the turrets with a bubblegum wrapper
See ya in a hell: burn all the turrets with incinerator (ar throw 'em down in a big FIRE chamber)
You just don't fast enough: rush through the level in 1 minute
Hippie-yay-kay-kay: die hard.
What in the heck are you doing: punch yourself in the face through the portal using the portal gun
I Love You...I'll Kill You: find the Companion Cube and smash it in the...well..in the cube.Or burn in the incinerator
Oh my God!: find the God.His name is Gordon.
I'm a big fan of yours: kill Gordon.
HE IS CAPSWNED: PLEASE THE WOLD AND KILL YOURSELF IN THE ACID

Back