Post Your Computer Desk

2011-09-04_13-20-03_300.jpg

It's actually a lot messier atm. I need a workbench. I'm scared that one of these days i'm going to drop a wrench on my desk, and suddenly everything will be on the floor amongst a big heap of glass :(

Loving the Buu statue.
Thanks. I've never seen another like it. The date on the bottom of the foot says 1989 so maybe that's why? Got it from a friend years ago.

I'm scared that one of these days i'm going to drop a wrench on my desk, and suddenly everything will be on the floor amongst a big heap of glass :(

I know that feel.

Well, the show first aired in April of 1989 and I assume the manga was finished before the animation. I could be completely wrong.

Dragon Ball Z first aired in 89, but that did not have anything to do with Buu.

Do you know when the manga released? Was it completed before the show started? If it was before the show, then yes, he was around in 89 which would explain the date on the foot. That's what i'm trying to say.

Otherwise, hell if I know.

Did you see the link I posted? The manga volume that Buu first appeared in was published in 1994 (in japan).

I missed the link, because dat edit.

5soI2.jpg

The manga ran from 84-95. This is just a guess but perhaps the copyright is for DBZ since that's the year the anime started (and not necessarily the year that model was made)?

That's probably what it is.

DBZ GENERAL

Literally everything (except the guitar) in this picture is new, just received the new computer yesterday and bought all the stuff yesterday too.

img1046fr.jpg

img1045xc.jpg

I can't really tell, but it looks like only the back of that chair is mesh. If so, then FOR SHAME. Mesh seat is the most comfortable kind of chair in the whole world and anybody who doesn't have one is a chump. A chump I say!

Literally everything (except the guitar) in this picture is new, just received the new computer yesterday and bought all the stuff yesterday too.

img1046fr.jpg

I have that same monitor.

I can't really tell, but it looks like only the back of that chair is mesh. If so, then FOR SHAME. Mesh seat is the most comfortable kind of chair in the whole world and anybody who doesn't have one is a chump. A chump I say!
Then I am a chump. But you have no Christmas spirit, good sir.

You really don't even feel the back, those pads on the sides support you more then the back does :p

I have that same monitor.

I friggin love this monitor, it's amazingly awesome.

Just beware of those LS11's. The sound quality of mine took a massive dive a month or so in, but they should be fine for low-volume situations.

Still looking for good inexpensive 2.0 speakers to replace them.

Just realized the mouse and keyboard are on different surfaces. HOW DO YOU GAME?

Like a champ. It's better this way - try it!

@avoidist - Got em for $20 new, really was just looking for some cheap speakers for the comp, they work nice. I usually use my headphones though.

g88T6.jpg

Figured I should post what I've been using since I moved into an apartment. Also, shitty phone camera is shitty.

Now I will always picture you sitting at your little EMX tray twiddling knobs whenever we jam.

ANOTHER NEW IMAGE. This thread pretty much shows the evolution of my desk. Also, other people post.

img20120614132948.jpg

Saw the SP606 and got excited that we had another electronic musician on the forums then I saw it was you.

Dat 5:4 monitor.

You people need to discover the awesomeness of speaker stands. Get em off your desk and in the proper positions... and then you'll have room for the center channel to actually be in the center :glenn:

That isn't specifically directed at you Sixteenth, but rather EVERYONE in this thread that has their speakers in crap positions. I say if you can't do it right, get some really nice headphones instead and toss the speakers.

Who are you talking about? Everyone seems to have 2 channels speakers. I for one keep the center on top of my monitor as it instructs.

And almost everyone has their 2 channel speakers sitting on their desk, which is technically the wrong position. Ideally, they should be to your direct left and right, which is why you need stands.

And almost everyone has their 2 channel speakers sitting on their desk, which is technically the wrong position. Ideally, they should be to your direct left and right, which is why you need stands.

Can't movie players/games with stereo sound adjust to where your speakers are? Windows recommends the popular way.
5yCtF.png

Also, my current setup. Going to take care of the messy cables soon.
twZn3.jpg

Back