Post your latest music tracks/WIP's and comment!

good thread idea. i'll comment on whatever gets posted. i have a few wips i might post later on

I don't think there's anything more specific than industrial. I'm hearing what I believe to be a guitar so perhaps some metal mixed in there. Dunno.

Anyway, one gripe I have with the track is the panning. There's too much! Did you try listening to this with headphones? The noise in the left and right ear get's quite irritating. It's panned way too far over and plays through out the whole song, guh. I had to use my speakers to bear listening to the rest.

Sounds ok to me with my phones :(
I thought I managed to get the effect I was looking for.

(the ending bit needs tweaking though, thanks)

www.grendosa.net/crazyharij/glitchwiplol.mp3
a drill n bassy WIP track that's in a pretty rough state. im abit unsure about the composition, in particular the growling bass thing and the break with the synths

neptuneuk: that's pretty much industrial, EBM metal. i dig the percussion sounds. nice guitar playing! no issues with panning imho

I really really like it, if theres one thing I would improve, it would be to boost the low end or add more bass to give it a bit more balls.

+ I like the ****ed up and video game sounds :D UBar!

neptuneuk: that's pretty much industrial, EBM metal. i dig the percussion sounds. nice guitar playing! no issues with panning imho

Thanks! I experimented with a uber bill and ted-esque guitar solo but it didn't fit!

I really really like it, if theres one thing I would improve, it would be to boost the low end or add more bass to give it a bit more balls.
The wierd bassey sounding thingy was win!

+ I like the ****ed up and video game sounds :D UBar!

Thanks! I experimented with a uber bill and ted-esque guitar solo but it didn't fit!

Good track, Crazy. I can hear your management of your drum machine really improving. :) My only complaints would be that it feels kinda tinny. Has a lack of fullness to it. I'd try to boost the EQ on those kicks and the bassline. The use of Ableton's flanger effect is also pretty obvious.

I like yours too, Neptune. Nice, heavily dark atmosphere. That said, it sometimes feels like everythings getting too muddled together. While it worked for the percussion, having that mean off-kilter crunch to it, not so much with all the pads.

Any way, here's one of mine.

"Doxine" by Distisec

No conventional structure, really. More of an experimentation with different rates of sequencing and effect automation. Freeform melody laden overtop of it.

www.grendosa.net/crazyharij/glitchwiplol.mp3
a drill n bassy WIP track that's in a pretty rough state. im abit unsure about the composition, in particular the growling bass thing and the break with the synths
Christ that's nice. Gotta love that percussion. I think the growling is awesome, a bit different than usual DnB deeper growls. Fits with the oldschool percussion better.

Video game sounds are sweet too :D

Any way, here's one of mine.

"Doxine" by Distisec

No conventional structure, really. More of an experimentation with different rates of sequencing and effect automation. Freeform melody laden overtop of it.

I can't explain it so well, but I like the overall mood of this track. Whereas my tracks are dark and borrible, this one has something else.
"Innocent" is the best word I could muster. But it has certain creepy elements hiding within.

The Nihil one kinda sounds familiar...no I don't 'notice anything' though D:

Nice thread :D

Great idea for a thread.

Just finished this one, not happy with my vocals or the mix, but overall one of the best songs I've written.
Outside

I can't come up with lyrics for these:
Jeep
Narrow House

Just finished this one, not happy with my vocals or the mix, but overall one of the best songs I've written.
Outside

Hey man, that's really cool! Did you do everything yourself? i like the organ and piano playing. the track could use some selective EQing. but it's nice.

I like the chords in jeep but it's abit out of sync, kind of ruins the track
Check out 'Nihil'

lovely, could use some elaboration.

doxine by distisec

digging it alot. great attention to detail

www.grendosa.net/crazyharij/idmtech.mp3
made this track in reason. some sort of idm that turns into tech house. it's amazing how quick you can do shit in reason. the scream 4 should be available as a vst component, it kicks ass.

Hey man, that's really cool! Did you do everything yourself? i like the organ and piano playing. the track could use some selective EQing. but it's nice.

www.grendosa.net/crazyharij/idmtech.mp3
made this track in reason. some sort of idm that turns into tech house. it's amazing how quick you can do shit in reason. the scream 4 should be available as a vst component, it kicks ass.

Thanks. Yes I played all of the instruments in that song (except for the bass and the drumset, which are synthesized)

I am trying to listen to your track, but the server appears dead.

EDIT: nvm its just very slow

the server is located in sweden, its quite fast but theres somewhat of a distance bectween scandinavia and US :)

that's really cool by the way, the drums really felt like live playing!

listening to your track. Like the synth but the reverb is a bit too echoey and high...lead needs some compression....wow awesome drums and voxy bass..yes very cool at 1:04. It sounds like it needs some droning fifths of some kind to add..fullnes. I like the volume cutting out all the time, its very unsettling but really adds to the beat.

Cool track man. A nice style. You use somewhat cheap synths but you use them in a very effective manner.

Theotherguy, you rock. Outside is a great song. Are you a Pearl Jam fan by any chance?

Theotherguy, you rock. Outside is a great song. Are you a Pearl Jam fan by any chance?

Yes actually Pearl Jam is one of my favorite bands, that song was a mix of Dave Matthews Band and Pearl Jam (at least that's what I had in my head at the time)

Yes actually Pearl Jam is one of my favorite bands, that song was a mix of Dave Matthews Band and Pearl Jam (at least that's what I had in my head at the time)

I thought I heard bits and pieces of Jeremy. :naughty:

My heavy survivalism Cover. There are no clips from the original song in this.
All vocals are awfully done by me. At least give me some win points for syncing this drum beat with it!

(high quality version here)
http://neptune.dmusic.com/
or
http://www.myspace.com/dansavedbythedecibel

"Survivalism (Futility Mix)"

Posted it in the NIN thread, but it can also go here.

Originality award \o/

Also, forgot to post. Me and my friend (on bass) just randomly jamming (completely improvised)

"Shoop da whoop" :D

This isn't really a WIP or a proper song. This topic merely reminded me of its existence and I just felt like uploading it.

This was made way back when I was still just plugging samples into Acid. The samples were taken from the Firearms Half-Life mod and a few other ones I can't remember.

"Gunjam" by Anasynth

ADDED: After listening to a lot my old material, I have this great urge to redo and improve a few of my old FL/Acid tracks in Reason. I've only done it once and it turned out fairly nice.

"Escape Velocty"

Not sure what genre it is.... um EBM Industrial??

This isn't really a WIP or a proper song. This topic merely reminded me of its existence and I just felt like uploading it.

This was made way back when I was still just plugging samples into Acid. The samples were taken from the Firearms Half-Life mod and a few other ones I can't remember.

"Gunjam" by Anasynth

ADDED: After listening to a lot my old material, I have this great urge to redo and improve a few of my old FL/Acid tracks in Reason. I've only done it once and it turned out fairly nice.

Woah that's insane!!! :D

http://media.putfile.com/Ilia

Made this pattern a few days ago, totally on accident. I loves it. (My Electribes, of course. Not Reason)

As for the performance, meh, not too bad but could have been better. I went more calmer than I usually jam on this.

"Gunjam" by Anasynth

Amazing track! Did I hear laser blasts from Jedi Knight/Outcast? :LOL:

Well, the sounds were from mods. But I do believe they took that particular sound from some Star Wars title.

Pew pew! :)

I've been taking it pretty easy as of late. Not been pushing myself too hard and making simpler pieces that I may or may not expand upon later when I feel like it.

I finally got my hands on some good clean samples of the "Think" drum loop and have been screwing around with that.

"Mumur" by Anasynth

Strictly WIP.

Back