Post your latest music tracks/WIP's and comment!

I guess this belongs here? My first video and I'm excited.

*snipawesomeness*

Yes, I bought a Behringer mixer. It was inexpensive and it works great so far.

That was really cool, those things look fun to use :D
I've never used anything like a mixer/drum machine/etc and don't know much about them, but I've always wanted to try out something like that...

Well done vid, neat to sort of watch how it's done :thumbs:

Veg, your room is a ****ing mess. :O

Was seriously considering one of the Korg pieces recently. But I'm hesitant at this point because I'm not sure how much I'd be using it.

they just don't push buttons and turn knobs.
Or play... a keyboard...

Think of it as the trade-off made to achieve a complete song as opposed to one element of a song (guitar).

Thanks guys. And yes my room is very messy :p :p

since ya know, they just don't push buttons and turn knobs.

This is how they make their music, so what's the problem? :| Same goes for is someone strums a guitar or hits a drum.

I never said there was a problem with it, I just mentioned how I'd like to see more posts with music made from more traditional instruments such as a guitar.

I guess I could have worded it differently...my bad.

I never said there was a problem with it, I just mentioned how I'd like to see more posts with music made from more traditional instruments such as a guitar.

Heh my bad for jumping on your case so quickly - I've a few friends who stick to their guitars like glue over here who constantly badmouth music made by devices such as synths, etc, because they think it's just pushing a button and stuff. It's true, but it shouldn't be a negative point. I understand what you mean now, though. :cheers:

[YOUTUBE]NzX4YPRkhk0[/YOUTUBE]

Cover of "I'm Self Employed" by Aphex Twin. Audio/video syncing is good at first but then becomes off... Dunno why.

wow vegeta awesome. It really takes alot of skill to automate like that. It makes me wish I had some hardware controllers.

Here is a song I wrote today...its really terribly out of tune and I can't sing half of it.
Zero

Thanks mate.

Groovy song you got there. I like all the trippy sounds and shit. That's you singing huh? Sexy ;)

congrats on the mixer vegeta, you finally got it! looks sweet with your setup there, you could easily go live with that setup and play at small venues. just play abstract noise shit, not that difficult to make and people dig it ;) hehe j/k

considering it's much more expensive and difficult to record with traditional instruments, it's not surprising that the majority of the people here use electronical and digital means to make their stuff. once i get my computer sorted (looking to buy a new one), i'm going to incorporate the guitar much more. i'm playing it all day now since i don't have much else and i'm really beginning to love using it as much as a synthesizer. i'm even writing the occasional lyrics haha harij goes pop. nah but seriously, gotta love the blues.

Heh, I also sometimes write lyrics for some of my tracks. Choruses, simple lines, monologues about whatever I'm thinking at the time of making the track. But then I generally obscure them in some method. Distortion, re-slicing, speeding/slowing them to the point where they're unintelligible. So nobody can really understand what's being said, but I find it to be an enjoyable, sentimental element in my tracks.

Also, Vegeta. When I played your cover of "I'm Self Employed" I started raving in my chair. Maybe it's because I'm a tad baked at the moment, but it was just awesome. Thank you. Thank you. You've made my day.

yeah stuff like that really adds depth to your track, regardless whether people recognise it or not. recording your own hits, making your own samples instead of just downloading something off the net makes the track much more your own. manipulation can make anything intelligible unintelligible (and maybe also the reverse)

That's really awesome Absinthe, thanks. And thank you Harij too. It's really just a temporary mixer until the summer when I'm working.

I agree on the vocal samples thing too, I've gotta get a nice microphone. I'd love to try working with vocal samples like Venetian Snares does, and that kinda stuff.

I agree.

A lot of Boards of Canada's tracks have cut up vocals, distorted to the point of random noises. These add a lot to a song.

Great 2nd video, btw, Veg.

Vegeta, you own.

Hl2netters should to an online electronic collab.

edit: oh yeah, newest thingy. Uh Industrial I think? I never usually make such a 'bold' synth as this. I think it sounds more 'mainstreamey' than most of my stuff. *shock/horror*
Allow me to join the bandwagon, spot the cut up, processed, destroyed vocals!
And for Mr. 'I hate technology so don't just use efficient and effective electronic methods of producing music' there's a guitar riff or two!
\o/

'Ultimatum'
http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=141395
or
http://neptune.dmusic.com/

edit: If you really love meh, check out my 1337 synthesiser skillz!
I only used a total of 2 synthesiser banks on this track :)
Spent like an hour making the synth and that, and 5 mins recording. Dammit. Ambient track:

Trauma:
http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=141401

If anyone wants to do collab or share their music in a community I might recommend www.bandamp.com . I myself am a member there and have participated in many collabs.

Unfortunatley there arent alot of electronica members there, but there certainly are quite a few.

Nice. Reminded me of Muddasheep a bit. Oh, and Zelda OoT. Minus the heavy drums.

I think this is my best so far:

[YOUTUBE]cbhJxjwlD0g[/YOUTUBE]

Veggie I was going to buy a MicroKorg but you're making me indecisive again...

<3

Just so you know the EA1 and ER1 are both out of production.

The ES1 sampler is still available though, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Or you could go with the EMX or ESX.

vegeta that was ****ing awesome.

I want to know how to do that.

Tell me what to buy.

Haha I didn't except this good of a reaction... Is there anything I should do differently? With the camera and such. Do you want to be able to see me doing whatever it is I'm doing easier? Or what.

Latest track reminded me of the Feed Me Weird Things album by Squarepusher. A few tracks come to mind, aswell as the 'feel' and atmosphere that album has to it. In no way a bad thing btw, I like it- is there anywhere I can download this as a track?

I'm working on a new track right now. Hopefully I can finish and record tonight.

(It may have live keyboard playing :O)

neptune I'm really liking ultimatum :D

Also, great stuff Veg! Can't wait to hear the next :O

neptune I'm really liking ultimatum :D

Also, great stuff Veg! Can't wait to hear the next :O

Thanks, but you should check out my MVH remix in the NiN thread! I think it's the best thing I've done... ever...

Cool vids Dev, all of them! Teh talents.

Also, voted on remix :D

[YOUTUBE]CNaV1QSOC5I[/YOUTUBE]

A few slipups, but I'm happy.

Good shit, big D.

By the way, I found an mc-303 on craigslist for $100-$150 in perfect condition - going to pick it up in the next few days.

and absinthe, you're holy****ingshitgood.

Actually kinda old, but meh, I hope to record some of our new stuff soon. (I'm the Bassist)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SUhlcN2RTo[/YOUTUBE]

Nice. Reminded me of Muddasheep a bit. Oh, and Zelda OoT. Minus the heavy drums.

I think this is my best so far:

[YOUTUBE]cbhJxjwlD0g[/YOUTUBE]

defo cool stuff. like the minimal drums and whatever time signature you're using. you could do a LOT more in this direction dude.
anyway i get the feeling like youre getting a better hold of harmony and scales, which is very good. your sound is getting more unique as well with your machines and mixer

defo cool stuff. like the minimal drums and whatever time signature you're using. you could do a LOT more in this direction dude.
anyway i get the feeling like youre getting a better hold of harmony and scales, which is very good. your sound is getting more unique as well with your machines and mixer
Thanks a lot Harij, that means a lot to me :)

Back