Post your latest music tracks/WIP's and comment!

VEGETA

Do you have an MP3 of your "I'm Self Employed" cover? I require it for certain purposes.

Long story short. My brother was around when I first played it and he really dug it. He wants to "roll" to it.

VEGETA

Do you have an MP3 of your "I'm Self Employed" cover? I require it for certain purposes.

Long story short. My brother was around when I first played it and he really dug it. He wants to "roll" to it.
Haha wow, what's with this track and appealing to random people. Even my metal-head cousin likes it for some random reason.

http://s202353582.onlinehome.us/selfemployed.mp3

OvA: Glad you got it working!

Arp Jam was pretty slick, but it could use some tweaks. The high pitch synth was a bit too loud/abrasive. But overall the pattern had a cool mood to it.

Hot Pocket Rocket was neat but the main arp was a bit out of tune I think. I liked that enveloped bass.

EDIT: Made a track on my electribes.

http://media.putfile.com/BoQ

I really do like my arps.

I can no longer live without the Combinator in Reason.

"A Theory Of Violence" by Distisec

Again, just screwing around. Nearly every instrument is a Combinator patch. It opens up so many modulating opportunities otherwise unavailable. Reason is starting to get exciting again. :)

Haha wow, what's with this track and appealing to random people. Even my metal-head cousin likes it for some random reason.

http://s202353582.onlinehome.us/selfemployed.mp3

OvA: Glad you got it working!

Arp Jam was pretty slick, but it could use some tweaks. The high pitch synth was a bit too loud/abrasive. But overall the pattern had a cool mood to it.

Hot Pocket Rocket was neat but the main arp was a bit out of tune I think. I liked that enveloped bass.

EDIT: Made a track on my electribes.

http://media.putfile.com/BoQ

I really do like my arps.

BoQ = Boards of Qonf. The song, and the title, owns.

I can no longer live without the Combinator in Reason.

"A Theory Of Violence" by Distisec

Again, just screwing around. Nearly every instrument is a Combinator patch. It opens up so many modulating opportunities otherwise unavailable. Reason is starting to get exciting again. :)
Cool stuff, that deep synth with the occasional distortion is really ace, like Analord or something. And those sounds near the end remind me of rain. Good stuff.

That last one, Absinthe, is majestic. It's almost Mum-like.

http://media.putfile.com/Sivart

Just dicking around wih Arp Jam, replaced one of the arp leads with a keyboard riff, added too much delay, etc...

First five minutes are pretty boring.

Gets interesting around 6:00 when I discover the cutoff/resonance knobs.

I'm having trouble moving on when this song feels unfinished, so I'll probably upload a consolidated version soon so that I can move on to something else.

Gets interesting around 6:00 when I discover the cutoff/resonance knobs.
Ahahaha.

Wasn't too boring to me, I liked the mood. Damn the machine sounds great. After 6:00 really is nice with the cutoff tweaking. Though avoid too much resonance! It isn't a tb-303 ;)

haha resonance sounds great on any machine, do you have amp envelopes on it? low decay and high resonance is the shit :)

Cool stuff, that deep synth with the occasional distortion is really ace, like Analord or something. And those sounds near the end remind me of rain. Good stuff.

I'm actually pretty proud of the synth. It's three Subtractors, with two of them mixing between each other in sync while another mixes independently at a slower rate. Nothing too advanced, but it gave it a pretty neat amorphous quality so each bar sounds somewhat unique to an extent.

Would be interesting to see what can be pulled off with the Maelstrom. Oh, and I forgot. Cheers for the MP3. It's still fantastic. :)

absinthe fix a proper host man i cant download your tracks!

vegeta BoQ was pretty dull at the start but the drums made it better, alot of glitch inspiration i can tell :) the track as with most of your tracks is way too long, try making them around 3-4 minutes max, you'll still have plenty of room for your ideas

by the way a dude i know who makes sweet idm has just put out a little album. great stuff if youre into aphex or acid: http://m01v.moozi.org/

How can you not download it?! I mean, any of them?

Guess I'll putfile some of my shit.

I can't either. It just doesn't work at all. Sometimes I get a corrupted file, other times the site is completley unresponsive.

It has worked fine for me since day one.

:\

And Harij, long tracks = sechs.

Harij, I totally know what you mean with the length. I know it's best to just try to do all the tweaking that sounds cool as quick as I can, but for some reason my instinct is making me do buildups and all that other stuff. Which it shouldn't, because after all these are just pattern jams to me. I'll keep trying to make it quick and to the point.

Listening to the first track of that album, shit this is tight!

Absinthe, it works fine for me. Though I do have to save as for them to play, for some reason. Also, that sounds really cool what you are doing in Reason, I look forward to see what you will make next.

It definitely is a shift in direction, although I can't really say what. I'd like to get more into transformative elements that shift and change throughout the track. It's doable, but unfortunately a problem I've encountered thus far is that Reason's automation editing is lacking some serious anti-aliasing. Slopes and curves turn into jagged steps, making smooth transitions difficult. I can only hope that a future version of the program addresses that.

Oh, and Putfile won't accept my uploads. Surprise, surprise. :\

but unfortunately a problem I've encountered thus far is that Reason's automation editing is lacking some serious anti-aliasing. Slopes and curves turn into jagged steps, making smooth transitions difficult. I can only hope that a future version of the program addresses that.
Do you have Snap off? If so, I think you are forgetting something... All controls in Reason are midi compatible, meaning they go from 0-127. They can't go more precise than that. So what you're asking for in an update would make Reason not able to be controlled by midi anymore, which isn't going to happen.

Made something in Reason. Wanted to go for a DnB track again. I liked the way it was turning out but got too bored to make it longer, so it's about 2.5 minutes. Right after I decided to wrap it up, I thought "I'd like to try adding vocoded voice"
So I recorded some shit in goldwave and loaded it into reason. I think it adds a nice touch.

http://media.putfile.com/Sustain-Flare

I like.

My only real complaint is that the melody didn't do what I wanted it do in my head, but that's more of a personal problem.

Also, I was half expecting you to yell FIGHT! or MORTAL COMBAT! :/

I love the new track. The drums need to be more prominent though and also needs to be longer. Uhg. Don't listen to these people. Short electronic music = WTF.

After much persuasion, he decided to edit it some and make it longer, bumping the total length to six minutes. He just didn't copy pasta the middle part, but rather added a lot more. Seriously, give it a listen.

MSN said:
Vegeta says:
holy shit this is good

http://s202353582.onlinehome.us/Sustain_FlareExtended.mp3

For a relatively fast extension job I think it's quite nice, especially the string chords building up to the climax.

Once I get more midi controllers like a drum pad and keyboard I will definitely make a DnB album using Reason.

Mmmm mmmmm you gots the magic touch.

I had drifted out and forgotten I was listening when the strings sucked me back in for the finale.

Dunno if it's because the school computers suck but the problem is they automatically quicktime-in-browser the tracks which your upload site doesn't seem to like, and hte lovely broken quicktime logo shows up.

Harij, I totally know what you mean with the length. I know it's best to just try to do all the tweaking that sounds cool as quick as I can, but for some reason my instinct is making me do buildups and all that other stuff. Which it shouldn't, because after all these are just pattern jams to me. I'll keep trying to make it quick and to the point.

cheers for misinterpreting me the right way (a swedish saying), It's not my intention to complain about your choices in your creative output, it's just that stuff like playing the same pattern 4 bars in a row (mainly the melody in the intro, etc) gets really dull, and I'm certain it's not just because i'm extremely jaded and have a short attention span, but because most people who critically check out stuff on line do, it's the only thing that i think gives an amateurish impression about your music right now

having a tight, to-the-point intro and extending your ideas in a more aggressive way is a great way to grab attention and keep it. other than that your stuff is quality, keep it up mate, don't take words like mine too seriously anyway, do what you feel like, this is just a suggestion

Listening to the first track of that album, shit this is tight!

track 4 (or 3? the one with a klaxon like sound in the start) is my favourite, a few minutes in it's on par with the top notch output in IDM.

Uhg. Don't listen to these people. Short electronic music = WTF.
cheers, my opinion =! your opinion

if you have a long track I think you need to have a multitude of detail and variation to keep it interesting, no matter how great patterns you have. see drukqs

Harij, I know. For songs that I actually call songs (Which I make with Reason) I know how to keep it dynamic and interesting. (Give Sustain Flare extended a listen!)
And I know that my electribe jams get repetitive. The more equipment I get the more flexible it'll be, and I'll keep my jams short and to the point. Really, your last post didn't tell me anything I already knew. I get it.

cheers, my opinion =! your opinion

With a short track, it doesn't give me enough time to get into it. I listen to a track and wait for it to take me away to somewhere else and three minutes isn't long enough to get involved with the music.

I want to put some stuff up, but I figure there's no point in doing Wikiupload any more if some people can't get it. Putfile still doesn't work for some unknown ****ed up reason, so does anybody have any recommendations for a host?

It stalls on the uploading bit... forever. Seriously, I left it alone and ****ed off for four hours, and nothing happened.

Putfile usually works for me but all of a sudden it's not loading any media, can't load geo's link :\

Edit: Works nao \o/ I like, Geo, I like.

Good stuff Geo but imo you always manage to use synths that I don't quite like the sound of :p
They are usually too high-pitched or high-frequency and it makes it a bit abrasive and blows every other synth out of the way. Tone it down! Everything else in the track is really nice, and the drums sound really original.

Putfile finally works for me now.

"Viksaks" by Distisec
Like previous uploads lately, more of a stomping ground for experimentation. No melody, just noises. In any case, I think I'm done with the whole "V" motif and wanna take a break from the Distisec profile.

"Daltrop" by Anasynth
I'm generally not one to drop a 4/4 and make something rave-ish. But what can I say. I thought it was catchy!

"Artifice" by Anasynth
Simple. Has something like a childish quality to it.

great shit as always absinthe, finally a ****ing proper host! lots of lovely detail work in viksaks. I like the way the percussion and glitch works together to form a discernible hook. it's much more melodic than you described it as.

daltrop was okay, i like the pads but the sound image feels incoherent, and gets REALLY muddy with the trancey sound later in, even though they lift up the melody alot. like the lead that gets in later on, i've heard it before in your tracks, it's quite nice for a signature sound!

artifice is ****ing great. feels like you just poured absinthe all over it. very driving, great polyphonic melody. great sounds in the latter parts, lots of food for the brain

Harij, I know. For songs that I actually call songs (Which I make with Reason) I know how to keep it dynamic and interesting. (Give Sustain Flare extended a listen!)
And I know that my electribe jams get repetitive. The more equipment I get the more flexible it'll be, and I'll keep my jams short and to the point. Really, your last post didn't tell me anything I already knew. I get it.

yeah tell me about it, every track i make live with the drum machines and acid loops tend to go upwards of 13 minutes, you enjoy it a whole lot more when you make it compared to listening to it afterwards :D

http://media.putfile.com/Polish-Sausage

I'm not happy with it, especially my keyboard performance.

I'm going to abandon it for now, but I'll share anyway.

my impression is that you haven't been making music for a long time, don't be too hard on yourself, this track is pretty catchy actually! i really dig the fast arpeggiated melody. it could use more variation, a chorus in a different key or something like that, but it's really nice as it is now.

Back