Post your latest music tracks/WIP's and comment!

Actually kinda old, but meh, I hope to record some of our new stuff soon. (I'm the Bassist)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SUhlcN2RTo[/YOUTUBE]

Awesome :bonce:

love your style. Get a second guitarist and you're in the big time.

I'm very, very close to purchasing an EMX. I've gotten the basics of using softsynths down, but it's boring to click around with a mouse for hours when I could be doing this:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N_U9v3xiIs[/YOUTUBE]

New track.... I'm shit at guitar though...
I like the sound I managed to acheive with once shitty drum samples though! And my epic synth that sounds like an organ from the 24th century.
I hear blues and Gary Numan influences, what do you think of it guys?

Title: I'm bored of mathematics so I'm recording this"
edit: name changed to B2K7

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=143063
or
http://neptune.dmusic.com/

Thanks for listening!

Gary Numan, you say? Hmmm...

Speakers are busted at the moment, I'll give it a listen when I get to another machine.

I'm very, very close to purchasing an EMX. I've gotten the basics of using softsynths down, but it's boring to click around with a mouse for hours when I could be doing this:

[youtube]1N_U9v3xiIs[/youtube]
Dude. Stellar Dream is by far my favorite song by Harril, or any other EMX song or even any other Electribe song.

Really awesome news! So you seem to be the second one who has decided to get a groovebox by what I assume is some effect of my videos.

I'm about to order my very own Korg Electribe MX-1. I'm ordering from Zzounds so if I decide it was a mistake, I can return it in 30 days, no questions asked.

Wish me luck.

****ing awesome dude! I'm jealous. That thing is a beast.

Zzounds is a great site, and I'm sure you'll love the EMX.

It's shipping and it can't come fast enough!

kekekekekeke

EDIT: Just checked FedEx and it should get here Thursday.

I've never been so excited about anything.

That's really ****ing cool!!! I'm excited for you! :) :) :)
Have you even done anything in music before? I just find this whole thing ridiculously spontaneous, yet awesome :)

I'm going to get the ES-1 mkii sampler soon :D :D
Although it looks like it's starting to disappear on websites so I have to hurry! (This happened when I got my EA-1!)

Geogaddi I feel you.

I just bought this:

groovebox.jpg

Roland MC-303 Groovebox, I think I'm in love.

Now to start learning it.

:O :O :O :O

So... shiny...

****en grats man. Make some shizz! I'd kill to play with that arp.

In other news, I'm getting payed soon and... I'm not sure what I'm buying yet. I'll have about $350 to spend. If the ES1 is still in online retail stores I'll get that. But if not... I was looking at a mc303 or even a QY70 from eBay. I'll just have to see what's available when I have my money.

Throwin' this out there... I made this today. Me playing the bass line (close enough) of "Games Begin" by Del Tha Funkee Homosapien

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=2-mJ_7qFRUs[/YOUTUBE]

SEXY <3 we're like non-identical twins (fraternal, right?)
:O :O :O :O

So... shiny...

****en grats man. Make some shizz! I'd kill to play with that arp.

In other news, I'm getting payed soon and... I'm not sure what I'm buying yet. I'll have about $350 to spend. If the ES1 is still in online retail stores I'll get that. But if not... I was looking at a mc303 or even a QY70 from eBay. I'll just have to see what's available when I have my money.
You should be able to find an MC-505 for that much... definitely awesome.

This is a piece our group came up with as part of my course...
Detune and Dethrone

Looking back, I'm not sure that keeping those out of tune guitars was such a great idea but I think laziness prevailed. Plus we'd have had to change the title.

Seeing the posts about electribes brought this piece to my mind - The beats are from an ESX going through reaktor.
:)

I'm finally learning the ropes on mah EMX. Now comes the hard part, which is making something that doesn't suck. I should have something to share once I get some cables to record with.

"Viserv" by Distisec

Pretty far on the experimental end, I reckon. You may find the beginning irritating, but I found it fascinating. Especially since it's with Reason.

Pretty cool man. Definately interesting to listen to.

I think mebbe you should have filtered out some of the really really high frequencies a little at the start though.

Yeah, I think I should have in retrospect. But at the time of writing that part, I was really digging that ringing, metallic quality. I'll probably lower them later.

Very cool track. I can't get past the likeness to most of Autechre's stuff.

It's not intentional, though I admit to being very influenced in the regard that I often spend a lot of time toying around to get new sounds just for the sake of making new sounds. I spend a lot of time just whipping up bizarre shit, some of which is good and a lot of which is worthless.

I gotta tell you that it's essential you become familiar with the Combinator if you want to get really advanced. It's actually required to open up certain automative possibilities, like dry/wet modulation, automated LFO-based pattern selection (that can be made random), delay modulation, et cetera... I've only been really getting into it recently, along with using the Maelstrom as a filter device for other instruments - my last track being a culmination of my experience with those two thus far.

Ok spammage!!!!

Proper heavy industrial shit with vocal effects in background. I scare kids with this one:

'Discarded sentience'

http://neptune.dmusic.com/

If anyone would give it a quick listen it would be much appreciated!

<3

?

There's some right good stuff in this thread! The HL2.net collab idea was a good one. Would anyone be up for it?
From the styles I've heard I'd suggest a fusion of dark beats, dirty guitars, melodic synths, and plenty of reverb to go around too.

QUESTION: I don't have a midi cable atm, but I do have an instrument to headphone jack. Can I use this to record from the EMX? If so, what's the best way? Will quality be severly affected?

QUESTION: I don't have a midi cable atm, but I do have an instrument to headphone jack. Can I use this to record from the EMX? If so, what's the best way? Will quality be severly affected?
Eek, sounds like you need a basic lesson on audio/midi.

Midi IS NOT SOUND. Midi is simply code containing information like note-on, note-off, or 0-127 messages. Midi is used to control devices. For example, you could use a keyboard to control your EMX synthesizers with MIDI. The keyboard is sending midi information that activates the synth on the EMX.

Instrument to headphone jack, I'm assuming means 1/4 to 1/8 TRS. You will need a cable to plug that jack into your line-in on your sound card. There will not be loss in quality, though that depends on the quality of your sound card. (I have an Audigy SE, cheap card, sounds fine eh?)

ALTHOUGH! You say "instrument" which makes me think it might be a mono converter. If that's true, you will be getting mono sound (not stereo). Though you should be able to determine this by simply plugging headphones in, which I assume you are doing already.

So, now that you know the difference between audio and midi, you should be able to start recording.

If you're wanting to record using a PC, plug one end into the EMX headphone out and the other into the line in on your sound card. Then, go to the volume mixer in windows and go to options->properties. Select "recording" and make sure all the check boxes are ticked. Press ok and you can select your recording source. Select line-in. Now get some wave editing/recording software and pressing record in there should pick up sound you make on the EMX. The program might have a record-arm mode which would let you listen to what's coming in - make sure there is no distortion, then hit record. Reply if what I've said doesn't make much sense, I'm tired :)
EDIT: doh! Knew that would happen!

Holy communication misunderstanding Batman!

I fail at making myself clear. I just had my mouth operated on and the pain medication must be getting to me.

I know what MIDI is, that was a fragment from an eralier sentence that I meant to delete but it somehow ended up stuck to the beginning of the next thought.

What I MEANT to say was is recording in mono even worth it? Until I get proper some proper line in/out gear that is.

Ah well, I'm doing it anyway.

What I MEANT to say was is recording in mono even worth it? Until I get proper some proper line in/out gear that is.

Ah well, I'm doing it anyway.
Worth it? Of course it is. To be honest I hardly ever use panning at all, so it really doesn't matter. I just want to hear what you can do!

http://media.putfile.com/Arp-Jam

Actually a shitty performance on the arp, I was doing much better earlier.

Also, there's a part where I mess up and have to correct the cutoff.

Also, the arpeggiator nob slides off a couple of times and I end up hitting the same note several times times.

Also, I forgot how I was planning to end it so I just turned the master volume down.

:x

Constructive criticism, go.

It's simple, but I love it. I don't know why. But I love this.

/adds to ZVM (consider that an insane feat).

Back