Postal 3 officially announced for PC/360 - to use Source engine

**** ya, hope it's more awesome than the 2nd one....which was REALLY AWESOME

Worst series ever. Maybe not ... but I played a little bit of the second game and it was really bad.

The worst part is it thinks that its hysterical ... when its really just juvenile and stupid. Not in the good way either, more like what 13 year olds in remedial classes would find funny.

I like the series. It's full on politically incorrect, juvenile, and satirical.

Quote: While we may have to wait a while for Postal 3's release, Desi did tell us that there will be some new Postal product coming down the pike this year. One is a music CD which will have songs inspired by the Postal series. The other is a new collection of all the previous Postal games called the Postal Fudge Pack which Desi told us will have a few new extras as well.

:O

I liked the premise of Postal 2 but it was just immature and stupid on the inside. Hoping Postal 3 will improve. Neat that it's going to be on Source.

Postal 2, got bored of it in about 5 minute. Literally.

Never played it. Isn't Uwe Boll taking this to the shit fest with his movie adaption.

first one was good but the second was freaking pathetic.

hahaha, cool. I only played postal 2, its not like.... the type of game that you really get into... but its fun to play for a while every now and then, its too disgusting to be one of my favorite games, but i still love it. :-D

They were both very different and very fun games. Man, some of the quotes from Postal 2 are just friggin hilarious!! I extracted them all, along with the videogame sounds and enjoy them all the time. I hope they tweak the Source engine a bit more for this one though. Can't wait to see what the guys at RWS come up with for this one--they've sure got enough satirical material to choose from thanks to our f|_|cked up world!!!

I don't get why so many people are excited, it's been announced 2 times since 2003..:p
In 2003 a XB and PC vers was announced, in 2005 mroe details were released about the PC, such as the fact that the Dude migrates to Catharsis, the most major difference is that they've switched from the UE3 engine that they were originally planning to the Source engine.:)

Postal III will apparently include motion-captured performances by various celebrities, including film stars and Playboy Playmates, and will continue to star the nameless "Postal Dude" in a story that continues to focus on "social satire and politically incorrect virtual violence".

Link.

Sigh, setting, main character and 'theme' has all been known for atleast a year, why are people so slow!(Not referring to the posters in this thread :p)

Its only because a few sites posted some stuff recently that this has gotten more attention. We have known at least some info for a while now. The Source engine bit is very interesting though. I seriously can't wait to see how un-politically correct they are with this one!

I only ever played the demo of 2 sadly. And I can't remember. Were there dismemberments? If not, there jolly well should be.

Oh... I remember. Couldn't you hit the heads off people with a spade?

Man, the fact that you can put yourself out with your own pee if on fire in Postal 2 makes it one of the most hilarious games ever made in my book. Well, that and the sounds he makes while doing it...:O

never got into postal 2 ..the humour was juvenile rather than funny ..still decapitating someone with a shovel wasnt without it's charm

hopefully P3 will be more tongue in cheek

we never "officially" announced POSTAL 3 b4 today, we had done various interviews with the washington post and such....but this is the OFFICIAL announcement! plus we never mentioned SOURCE or 360 or any of that jazz! Hope you guys dig it!

Contrary to the "fear-enema" that some politicians and religious organizations would like to spray up the collective ass of the entire planet, we believe that the vast majority of people are, in fact, NOT inbred zombie murder-bots just waiting for some entertainment product to finish their "programming". We also do not believe that ANY creative industry should ever have to castrate itself under politically-motivated censorship guidelines designed around the imagined needs of six year-olds or clinically psychotic persons (unless that is their intended target audience, of course).

We believe that violence belongs in entertainment products - not in the streets.

But what do we know, we're just ignorant videogame developers.

I couldn't agree more.

Never played any Postal games. But im open to see what turns out of this game.

Can't wait, I just hope its more like Postal 2:STP with a lot more (surprise us) and not that damn expansion Apocalypse Weekend, which was just mind numbing killing, and a lot less choice (kill or be killed).

Man, the fact that you can put yourself out with your own pee if on fire in Postal 2 makes it one of the most hilarious games ever made in my book. Well, that and the sounds he makes while doing it...:O
My mates dad loved the game, he had some severe mental issues I think though, he'd pour oil on women, then lit'em on fire, then pee it out, then smack their heads off with a shovel, then lit'em on fire agani, and then he'd have this huge LAUGH..Oo He was probably abused by women as a child or something..xD

they shouldnt port it to xbox360 ..it'll become a target for some overzealous religious fanatic to jump all over ..they should go all out and make it as violent as is possible in a video game, the more gory/depraved the better ..but then only sell it on Steam: no retail ..the Jack Thompsons of the world couldnt do jack shit because it wouldnt matter if it was rated AO .. they'd foam at the mouth knowing they couldnt do anything to prevent it from being released ..I'd buy it just for that reason alone :)

Back