Power in NYC

SpuD

Reaction score
Look on the TV, the power in New York, and surrounding cities, just went out. Could this mean something else?

Im going to be gone for a few days, cya later.

It is the end of the world, we all going to die! HELP ME, THEY ARE COMING! ALIENS WITH OSAMA!

But yeah, that sucks. Poor people who stuck at the subways and so on.

Ch 6 just said: "Mohawk power grid overload is cause"

I was wondering when someone would post about this.....

But yeah, I do feel sorry for all those people who are gonna be trying to get home tonight......

The power outage was caused by a resonance cascade in a little known government facility in Black Mesa

A whole bunch of game servers probably went down too, that sucks.

Yay, i hope USA and canada will die so i can take over the world! BWHAHHAHA

Yeah I was out of power for 3 hours, just got it back now. Phew

Hey screw you all. I spent the night on a LEATHER COUCH. 80 FRIGGIN DEGREES. Not one once of sleep, i listened to 106.1 BLI all night on a portable CD radio. When my power went on at like 4 AM, i couldnt turn on AC or anything much cause i didnt want to lose power again.

Well it isn't hard to take out the power in the biggest cities then... the whole canadian/usa power system is teh sux!! :D

usually with my social anxieity i find it hard to talk, even on forums... but i can say this with full confidence:

I realized this was going to happen a week ago when my remote stopped working for my tv mysteriously, i changed the battery's and so fourth... nothing worked... and now this happens. It was a sign

Now the end of the world will come, while the looting and murdering is going on in power-dead cities, Mr. Rogers will arise form his grave and reveal himself as the anti-christ....

omg what am i talking about, im sorry ill shut up it was dumb

Originally posted by MrWhite
usually with my social anxieity i find it hard to talk, even on forums... but i can say this with full confidence:

I realized this was going to happen a week ago when my remote stopped working for my tv mysteriously, i changed the battery's and so fourth... nothing worked... and now this happens. It was a sign

Now the end of the world will come, while the looting and murdering is going on in power-dead cities, Mr. Rogers will arise form his grave and reveal himself as the anti-christ....

omg what am i talking about, im sorry ill shut up it was dumb

Lol, Mr. rogers.

Mr. Rogers.. from Mr. Roger's Neighborhood... the long running kids show... and he.. died recently and stuff, and yeah... err i think.. yes im fairly sure

So was anyone on the comp when it happened? I got this REALLY REALLY LOUD buzzing sound. I thought my comp was fried and i almost had a heart attack.

Originally posted by SpuD
Im going to be gone for a few days, cya later.

boy...you just couldn't keep your hands off that huge red lever, during your field trip to the Power plants eh?

Uncle Sam isn't angry...just very very dissapointed.

so.. it was wrong to pull this plug I found stuck behind my fridge?
I just plugged it in again..sorry hope everything is working again

I was on my comp when the power went out. The speakers made some noise, but they seem to be ok now. I just got my power back this morning... no air conditioning either. I slept in the basement last night.

Although it was nice to have that dark, dark sky on the night of the 14th before the moon rose :) Got my telescope out, looked at Mars.

Oh yeah, I live near Detroit.

I'm in Long Island. I had to sleep on couch seats in the middle of my living room since I'm in an apt. It sucked so much. I was like one of the last ones to get power back. AGHHHHHH I hate you LIPA. Freakin 26 hours without power.

Althought its not fair on u guys in na i find it really funny

Originally posted by Sgt.Igneri
Hey screw you all. I spent the night on a LEATHER COUCH. 80 FRIGGIN DEGREES. Not one once of sleep, i listened to 106.1 BLI all night on a portable CD radio. When my power went on at like 4 AM, i couldnt turn on AC or anything much cause i didnt want to lose power again.
You got yours on early!
We didn't get our power back until after 4 PM--24 hours later. Spent the night on extra sheets to absorb the sweat and the day on the porch reading. Although I did get to try out some time-lapse shots of the night sky. Without all the light pollution I could actually see a lot of stars.

lol i dont get it i see on the news people panicing like hell i dunno why its just a power cut :S . Damn those terrorists lol :p

Panicking, wtf? Everyone was calm, like a babys boottom.

EDIT: LOL!!!, wrong phrase thingy.

I some some minor catfighting and verbal assaults as people tried to leave the city. You know some people were removed from trains or got stuck in elevators so they were pretty freaked out.

Nothing too serious though.

Yeah, you guys got to see all the stars and shit for once, cool huh?
I see them all the time, because I dont live in a huge city, couldnt imagine what it would be like not bein able to see em.

Back