Pre-Load Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Now - Delayed till 28th

Far from it - we are simply pre-loading more content than we originally had so the demo will (hopefully) work when they do unlock it tomorrow (~12 hours time)

I realize, but I've received word from a few associates that it's redownloading the whole pre-load. Must have been something mishandled in it for it to redo the whole thing.
I didn't consider this a possibility at first but it is seeming more and more likely.

If true it's really annoying, I don't have a ton of quota and I don't like wasting it on things I don't need.

They've also updated the downloaded content, I just had to download over a gig, so there must have been something wrong with it to warrant such a big patch/update.

People are still annoyed/surprised by Valve delays? One or two days is actually pretty tame as far as those go.

I'll never understand the uproar over delayed games. It's just a game, and in this case, just a demo.

What's funny is if the demo was released with a load of issues/bugs people would have flooded messages boards with THAT rage instead. :)

I got bored of waiting and downloaded the demo for the 360. Remember back a few years when they had the Guitar Hero demo come out on certain OXM discs or something of the sort, and you could download it, burn it to DVD, and then play it. Well, that's what I did. Highly doubt it's illegal of any sort, but it was easy and I got access to the demo.

Definitely needs to be played on the PC.

I preordered the game from Steam a few hours ago and have preloaded the demo. When does it become availible in GMT?

and it won't unlock for you when it's released. So well done.

I bought this game last night, pre-loaded, ready and waiting

steam://install/590

I am pre-loading the L4D 2 demo even though I have not bought it. Thanks hl2world! :D

Found that yesterday, I had it preloaded and everything but it's since disappeared from my Games List.
Oh well, looks like we'll be waiting a little longer.

You can use that to preload *any* Steam game. It doesn't unlock it for you, though.

Holy ****ing shit it was delayed again. **** you valve. Got my hopes up 3 god damn times.

This is actually a test to calculate how long they can delay Episode 3 for before the entire community snaps...

Gabe thought the latest demo build for PC was a sandvich.

It was not.

demoman.jpg

What makes me a bad demo launch?

Well if I was a GOOD DEMO LAUNCH WE WOULDN'T BE SITTIN' HERE DISCUSSIN' IT NOW WOULD WE?

demoman.jpg

What makes me a bad demo launch?

Well if I was a GOOD DEMO LAUNCH WE WOULDN'T BE SITTIN' HERE DISCUSSIN' IT NOW WOULD WE?
Now I'm glad it has been delayed. Thanks for this :)

Seems another small delay...shouldn't be too much longer...right?

still nothing.....*sigh*

no time updates either

Edit: maybe valve was actually smart and realized that not displaying the time wont overload the servers with people anticipating to play it.

There must have actually been something wrong with the demo if we're having to download stuff again.

Perhaps I should just hook my X-box up to live and be done with it seeing as even Valve are getting their console content out first.

In the process of burning this to a dvd to play on my 360. Can't wait to test it out!

Back