Prejudice

StarBob

Tank
Reaction score
http://store.steampowered.com/app/97100

I don't remember where I saw this initially, but I remember saying "that looks kind of neat" and made some vague connections to Tribes... but today I looked in on it again and it really is looking pretty great. It's still got the Tribes feel but just from the preview video it looks like it has a lot of badass multiplayer goodness. Plus that styling is pretty great. The price tag really sells it for me... Anyone looking to get it?

I Pre-Ordered it! I love fast gameplay like that and I heard the first was pretty damn fun.

The first Section 8 was a piece of shit and I don't doubt this one will be too.

Hope not.

The first Section 8 was a piece of shit and I don't doubt this one will be too.

Hope not.

This. Which at the same time was a shame because it had potential in my opinion, perhaps this one will be a lot better.

Yeah. It was a nice mix of different stuff that could have been awesome, but it was done poorly.

Wow. Given the trailer, that looks really good. I'll do a little more research and most likely pre-order (as long as they haven't repeated the same mistakes they did with the first Section 8).

Game looks pretty rad, might get for PS3

I haven no idea that this was a sequel... what was so bad about the original?

So it turned out to be pretty decent. The single player is ok... it kind of reminds me of the way Star Wars Battlefront plays quite a bit... you kind move around large environments and there are a good number of enemies. It's not exactly the same... more linear... but adequate as far as a single player game goes. I've only played through about two hours of the single player and so far it's been a decent challenge even on medium. You get a real sense of chaos in the battle. Sometimes it seems like things are going a little too fast and crazy for the field of view and one's ability to track things, but it does instill that feeling of battle. The voice acting is a little clunky but not so bad you want to skip cutscenes. With the single player being merely ok, it really just serves as some training for multiplayer... where the real fun is. The gameplay modes are kind of limited to just Conquest and Swarm (exactly what you expect from the names) but Conquest is a lot more than capture points. You get these little optional side missions that contribute to your team's total points that add a dynamic to fairly straightforward conquest play. Adding in the fact that players can place defenses anywhere they can drop them and there are a crazy number of weapon/ammo combinations in the game... it really seems like multiplayer has a decent life.

I need to put some more time in multiplayer, but I don't think there's much more satisfying than walking up to someone in a mech and punching them in the face. I want a face punching mech.

I booted it up on Pc and heard no sound. my stupid new video card still has issues with the A.I. HD sound card thats built into the video card because it practically erased my old digital sound card. I'm using the GTX 460 1GB card by Gigabyte :(

Its a fun game, been playing since the release. Now all the sudden my Ad-Watch is claiming its a trojan..

Back