Preload stuck at 82%

PainLord

Reaction score
I know a few people had problems with it being stuck at 88% but this is slightly different. I was preloading. It got to 86%, then suddenly dropped 4% and is now stuck on 82%. There is no activity on steam monitor. Is it possible that the files are complete but steam is reporting incorrectly?

I'd try restarting steam, then double click half-life2 in the 'coming soon' list, and see if you can continue the preload, or if it says it's done.

Well i restarted steam, and i double clicked HL2. It was on 82% and the button below said pause. Steam monitor is idle, nothing downloading. I pressed pause, I then pressed continue but nothing happened. The button still says continue when pressed. Steam monitor still idle.

i canceled the preload and restarted from scratch. worked fine after that for me.

I read about deleting a .gcf which causes problems preloading. If you've got a decent enough connection then restart the preload. If not, then you can delete a certain gcf which knocks you back a few percent, search the steampowered.com forums for it because I can't remember what it is.

I had the same problem after the second preload. It magically continued preloading after 2 days of zero activity on the monitor.

hey look i'm stuck at 88% at the moment, i'm on the last or current preload of the CS:S update. Has anyone manage to fix this, tried everything, moving my current Cs:source file out and restarting steam. Nothing seems to fix the problem. Anyone else at this point or have a way of solving it?

briggsb2k said:
hey look i'm stuck at 88% at the moment, i'm on the last or current preload of the CS:S update. Has anyone manage to fix this, tried everything, moving my current Cs:source file out and restarting steam. Nothing seems to fix the problem. Anyone else at this point or have a way of solving it?
I'm stuck at 88% too ;(

HL2 preload "Stuck" at 88%

If this is happening to you, please just leave it that way for now. You've likely got all the data, and it is just reporting it incorrectly. We're working on an update to fix that, but in the meantime, please don't delete your cache files just to make it go up to 100%

thanks,

Taylor

http://www.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=162840

^Ben said:
HL2 preload "Stuck" at 88%

If this is happening to you, please just leave it that way for now. You've likely got all the data, and it is just reporting it incorrectly. We're working on an update to fix that, but in the meantime, please don't delete your cache files just to make it go up to 100%

thanks,

Taylor

http://www.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=162840
Thank you for that info, mate! :cheers:

If you're stuck at 69%, delete the counter-strike source cache.

Iwas preloading fina and it got to 91.5% and then it dropped sown to 85% and doesnt seem to move. I really dont know what to do?

When my download was stuck at 88%, it was before I had pre-ordered Half-Life 2. Turned out, it was the file
counter-strike source shared content.gcf
I shut down steam, deleted the above file and restarted. It then downloaded from 88% to 100% just fine. That seems to happen every time a new update for CS Source is released.

It no longer does now that I have ordered Half-Life 2 and the CSS files are unlocked.

It seems to be fixed now. I was at 88% and now it's on 100%

naw still f*cked on mine, 88% and no change, ffs how hard is it 2 fix this problem, theyve had long enuff at it.

Back