Problem need some help.

P

PotatoX

Im having some problems with my video card it has not been working since my last reformat which was about a month ago. I tried to install the drivers but I would always get some error message saying "No ATI driver is installed, or the ATI driver is not functioning properly. PLease install the ATI driver appropriate for your ATI hardware". So I figured the card was the problem and I needed to upgrade anyway so I bought a 9800 pro (before I had a 9600).

So I put the new card in correctly and I install it with the disk that came with it, all goes well and it tells me to restart my computer so I do it. Upon reboot I see the same error message from before and no matter how many I uninstall/reinstall it does not work. I could really use some help with this.

hmmm with your new ati card installed i take it, reboot your computer to your bios and make sure everything is correct and exit and save. make sure to install latest drivers from www.ati.com. if this doesnt work there is a little coin size battery on the motherboard take that out for 30 sec then put it back and see what happens. Im not that good at this stuff so good luck hopefully ASUS is around to help shortly.

I tried installing the latest drivers but no luck with that as I get the same message. Also how would taking out the battery for 30 seconds change anything? I'd like to know before i go tearing apart my computer again.

PotatoX said:
I tried installing the latest drivers but no luck with that as I get the same message. Also how would taking out the battery for 30 seconds change anything? I'd like to know before i go tearing apart my computer again.

It resets the CMOS settings.

Back