Project Gotham Racing 3 - new content

VirusType2

Reaction score
48839429bp.jpg

For those of you that own the awesome PGR3 for x360, there is some new downloadable content available. This game scored an 8.8 at both Gamespot and IGN

read a review of PGR 3 here:
http://www.gamespot.com/search.html?type=11&stype=all&qs=pgr3&x=56&y=8

now available

For 400 points, or roughly $4.00 American you get 12 new cars, New Xbox Live achievements, rotating car classes for Career Championships, and additional gameplay features are also included in the heart-stopping package.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/projectgothamracing3/speedpack.htm

Sleek new vehicles like the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti and the Lamborghini Gallardo SE will take you from zero to 170 in the blink of an eye. New Xbox Live achievements, rotating car classes for Career Championships, and additional features are also included in the heart-stopping package.

Get a sample of what you're missing with a free download of the Aston Martin V8 Vantage.The full Speed Pack is available for a total of 400 Microsoft Points, or you can also choose to download the vehicles individually.

These are the new cars now available:
Aston Martin V8 Vantage (FREE download!)
RUF RT12
Saleen S7 Twin Turbo
Audi RS 4
Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe
Ferrari 612 Scaglietti
Lamborghini Gallardo SE
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII FQ-400
Nissan NISMO R34GT-R Z-Tune
PontiacGTO
Radical SR8

You can download the cars individually, or buy the whole thing for $4

I'd at least download the Porshe RUF, the Saleen, the Corvette, Viper, Ferrari, Lamborgini, and Nismo Nissan, and the free Aston Martin is cool too.

48839126lu.jpg

Hasn't this been available for some time? I know the cars have been available for a while now - i downloaded them about a month or so ago. I don't remember seeing anything about new achievements / gameplay features etc though......

Griz said:
Hasn't this been available for some time? I know the cars have been available for a while now - i downloaded them about a month or so ago. I don't remember seeing anything about new achievements / gameplay features etc though......
Hmm I don't know, it was before it came out:
For 400 points, or roughly $4.00 American, Xbox 360 players will soon be able to download 12 new cars and "new gameplay enhancements" in an upcoming download for Project Gotham Racing 3.
It does say "new gameplay enhancements" .. no idea what that includes.

Sorry, I guess I was reading old news. I read on several sites that it was coming soon, and then I saw where it said "now available" and I was under the impression that it just came out today or something. :p

I'm looking forward to Forza Motorsport 2. Hopefully I can get a 360 by the time that comes out. Want to play it - even more than this.

Furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

Interpret away...:devil:

My friend got this, p.o.c., I have PGR3 and love it but I will not be buying this.
I wish new cars were free.*Sniff*

I hope "new gameplay enhancements" means that they finally add on time for cutting corners and rubbing against the wall, pisses me off to watch some asshat set a good lap time by gliding along the wall and cutting corners and shit. PGR3 is nothing but eye-candy, no real skill

This is indeed old news, this update has been available for over a month.

I haven't bought the full thing, just a couple of cars individually. The Evo and the RS4 are must-haves. Great cars! Not to mention the NisMo Skyline - Seriously quick :D

Dalamari said:
I hope "new gameplay enhancements" means that they finally add on time for cutting corners and rubbing against the wall, pisses me off to watch some asshat set a good lap time by gliding along the wall and cutting corners and shit. PGR3 is nothing but eye-candy, no real skill
It's looks actually dissapointend me, it looks stunning in screenshots and in commercials, but on a tv(HDTV) the AA looks awful and it doesn't look that much better from gt4.

Grey Fox said:
It's looks actually dissapointend me, it looks stunning in screenshots and in commercials, but on a tv(HDTV) the AA looks awful and it doesn't look that much better from gt4.
The aliasing is hardly noticable on mine. It seems to be a huge problem on LCD TVs, however.

Axyon said:
The aliasing is hardly noticable on mine. It seems to be a huge problem on LCD TVs, however.
I only played it on the samsing TV's you see in stores that come together with the 360 that you can play a little.

Grey Fox said:
I only played it on the samsing TV's you see in stores that come together with the 360 that you can play a little.
I saw a few games on it at a 360 setup at target on some widescreen HDTV. I could not see any jaggies. They just simply weren't there.

Jaggie lines don't bother me at all though anyway. When you have a system that can play games like Prey locked in at 60fps, I can't see how you would care that you can tell it's done on a computer.

Now that I think about it though, I like jaggie lines. The jaggie lines are awesome. I miss the old days with games like Pole Position, and Street Fighter II, with jaggies so fierce, they look like a stairway. Classic Arcade power.

What can I say they do bother me, but the rest of it did not look that spectacular either. In the commercials you see how the sun reflects of your dashboards and the enviorments looks razor sharp. Just did not look like that to be at all. And this was on a screen that MS themselves provide for you to test the 360 with. Now that I think about it I had the same problem with CoD2, the textures where not that sharp. It's probably cause they are only using 1 core.

Grey Fox said:
What can I say they do bother me, but the rest of it did not look that spectacular either. In the commercials you see how the sun reflects of your dashboards and the enviorments looks razor sharp. Just did not look like that to be at all. And this was on a screen that MS themselves provide for you to test the 360 with. Now that I think about it I had the same problem with CoD2, the textures where not that sharp. It's probably cause they are only using 1 core.
I don't know, for me it's impossible to think a game display looks good in the store. The only game that did that for me was Super Mario World for the SNES. I couldn't believe the image quality. Other than that, when I see games playing in the store they don't look impressive, but when I get them home, and get used to it, and notice all the little touches, it's amazing. Maybe you are the same way.

In the end though, it only matters if it is fun and amusing. For a racing game, the physics and graphics can make it more like you are there, but I can still have fun playing a 1980 arcade racing game Pole Position... so graphics do not make a good game no matter what. If they can make the game fun and add great graphics on top of that, thats just awesome. I love good graphics and stuff.

Pole Position - 1980 Atari / Real Life pole position
images2se1.jpg
realpoleposition4dj.jpg

:D

Back