Forza Motorsport 2 - x360 - screenshots

VirusType2

Reaction score
http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1376/Forza-Motorsport-2/p1/
'With authentic simulation physics, bone-jarring damage, photo-realistic graphics, and licensed tuning and customization options, the franchise improves on the unprecedented features gamers enjoyed in its award winning debut installment.'

'Loaded with more than 300 of the world’s hottest cars for you to collect, personalize and tune, Forza Motorsport 2 gives you a complete racing experience.'

Customize your car with paint, decals, wheels, etc. You can even create your own custom decals with the paint shop.
Am I in heaven?

[EDIT] Turns out that this is a photo, NOT a screenshot.

11485518253to.jpg

- A series to become the end-all of racing sims

- Holiday 2006 release deadline.

- Available vehicles: 300 with new manufacturers McLaren and Lamborghini announced

- Sixty tracks

- Wireless Force Feedback Racing Wheel will be launched with Forza 2. -- Jonathan Miller

- Expect a physics refresh in the several hundred FPS, which, when combined with a high graphical framerate, equates to a very complex and smooth running experience.

Greenawalt [Turn 10 programmer working on this game] picked up his love for both videogames and cars from playing GT1, and hedged said love into a career in the industry.

Lap the competition with truly next-generation features. Made possible by the power of Xbox 360, “Forza Motorsport 2” burns rubber at 60 fps with 4x full-screen anti-aliasing, motion blur, and high-dynamic-range lighting in crisp 720p high-definition glory. And you can feel every nuance of your car and the road thanks to support for the official Xbox 360 Wireless [Force Feedback] Racing Wheel.

Experience uncompromising physics simulation. Top automotive engineers, professional race car drivers and programmers teamed up to create the most complete racing experience available. Cars incur dramatic damage and wear, which affects car performance. Advanced tire and suspension models respond to heat and pressure changes as well as weight transfer and aerodynamic load.

Master real-world tracks from around the globe. From the famously challenging Nürburgring Nordschleife track to the spectator-lined streets of Rio de Janeiro, race on meticulously designed tracks with an incredible sense of speed and realism. “Forza Motorsport 2” features more than 60 tracks carved out of 18 environments, including 13 real-world licensed circuits such as the Road America race track, Silverstone Circuit, Tsukuba Circuit and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Sebring International Raceway is among four new real-world licensed circuits added to the repertoire of “Forza Motorsport 2.”

Collect, upgrade and tune hundreds of cars. From sport compacts to purpose-built race cars, collect more than 300 cars from over 50 of the world’s leading manufacturers such as Ferrari, Porsche, General Motors, Lamborghini, Nissan and Volkswagen. Take your car to the garage and install alternative engines, suspension kits, bolt-on superchargers, brakes, rims, racing slicks and more. Dial in advanced suspension settings, tire pressure and gear ratios. “Forza Motorsport 2” allows you to own the cars that will own the competition.

Create and share your masterpiece with the world. Express your inner artist in the paint and upgrade shops with near-endless visual personalization. Customize the shape of your car by combining licensed rims, performance parts and aftermarket body kits. Create your own unique paint scheme using millions of paint and decal options. Take in-game pictures of your creation in “Forza Motorsport 2” Photo Mode.

Compete in a vibrant online community. Take your personalized car onto Xbox Live® for some intense online wheel-to-wheel racing. Earn in-game credits and complete single-player career objectives while racing over Xbox Live. Watch the best racers as well as your friends from around the world compete on Forza Motorsport TV.

Cannot wait for this game. Loved the first, and this one sounds as though it could provide an even better experience.

As for the 'screenshots', if i'm not mistaken, these are taken from the E3 trailer which i was under the impression was pre-rendered. If not, and these do accurately reflect what we can expect in-game then i'm gonna be pant-wettingly impressed!!!

Holy crap. I absolutely adore PGR3, but this is the digital equivalent of stealing Gotham's pocket money, kicking him in the crotch and shagging his wife. At the same time.

Axyon said:
Holy crap. I absolutely adore PGR3, but this is the digital equivalent of stealing Gotham's pocket money, kicking him in the crotch and shagging his wife. At the same time.

I personally wouldn't compare the PGR-series to the FM-series. One is an arcade-y racing experience, the other seeks to be the ultimate in commercially available racing simulations (and succeeds, in my opinion). They both do thir own thing.

Griz said:
As for the 'screenshots', if i'm not mistaken, these are taken from the E3 trailer which i was under the impression was pre-rendered. If not, and these do accurately reflect what we can expect in-game then i'm gonna be pant-wettingly impressed!!!
I've seen the E3-trailer for FM2, and assuming that I got the full version, that Ferrari is nowhere to be seen in it. The one with the BMW and Nissan (that has been removed) is from the E3-trailer however.

The screenshot with the Ferrari does look amazingly realistic, but I'm definitely not assuming that it's pre-rendered. With the capacity of a next-gen system and a bunch of very talented people working on the game, I don't see why it couldn't be "authentic".

I've played Forza 1 since it released, and I'll keep playing it until this comes out, it has to be my favorite game ever

Potemkin said:
I personally wouldn't compare the PGR-series to the FM-series. One is an arcade-y racing experience, the other seeks to be the ultimate in commercially available racing simulations (and succeeds, in my opinion). They both do thir own thing.
Considering they're the only worthwhile racing games on the Xbox/360, it's fairly inevitable. It's pretty much a necessity to do so within the gaming community. Half-Life 2 and Doom 3 were compared notoriously, and they're entirely different breeds of FPS.

That's why I specifically wrote "I personally". :D

Some people (me included) refuse to compare games that do their own thing (HL2/D3 was a good example) while others think it's fine. To each his/her own.

Potemkin said:
That's why I specifically wrote "I personally". :D

Some people (me included) refuse to compare games that do their own thing (HL2/D3 was a good example) while others think it's fine. To each his/her own.
My comment was mainly about quantity of cars and tracks anyway, and the fact that there's 4x AA - something that Gotham was severely missing. I fully admit I'm a graphics whore ;)

That screenshot was put on their website 4 days ago, thats why it wasn't at E3. They said that creating the E3 trailer for the game took a shit-load of time, and they said they would rather spend this kind of time working on making it the best game possible. I totally understand. Just taking a few good screenshots of my Doom 3 mod can take quite a while. So, I hope they don't waste time making anymore trailers. Just work on the game!

Of course the E3 movie was pre-rendered, it was a movie showing the best camera angles and stuff. The game really looks like this though, they just wanted it scripted perfectly with the camera sweeping in the perfect spot in between the tightly packed cars and stuff.

This is part of what makes this game just so sweet:
Aftermarket body kits.
Create your own unique paint scheme using millions of paint and decal options.
You can change the body kit parts on the fly. You know, ground-effects, spoilers, skirts. Nothing can make a sports car look more sweet than a body-kit and being able to select the color and decals and stuff. Then consider real damage, Exotic sports cars, etc, and you really get the ultimate driving game.

Can't wait to earn and tune the baddest bad-ass Ferrari or Lamborghini and become one of the top ranked drivers in the world.

My internet speed gets doubled in June (2 days) as well. 786kbps :D

Except for the wheels, I never would've even considered that a screenshot. 0_0

These are indeed screengrabs from the trailer that has been available on xbox live marketplace for a while now ... the image posted in this thread is a photo just incase some of you were slightly confused... (Forza 2 have a sponsorship deal, getting their logo on a couple of F430GT cars until the relase of Forza 2)

I seriously can't wait for FM2, since FM1 was (and is) the best racing sim ever, and the best title on the Xbox.

Javert said:
Except for the wheels, I never would've even considered that a screenshot. 0_0

Same.
Getting really close to those photo-relaistic games.

Nothing short of amazing graphics. I honest can't believe that that isn't simply a real ferrari.
In any case, it will be nice to see what GT5 will look like on the ps2.

Grey Fox said:
Nothing short of amazing graphics. I honest can't believe that that isn't simply a real ferrari.
In any case, it will be nice to see what GT5 will look like on the ps2.

Apparently some of you are getting confused.

THAT IS A REAL FERRARI - the only reason that PHOTO is being released with Forza2-related news posts is because Microsoft game studios has a deal with some GT racing team to get the Forza 2 logo decal on some F430 GT cars.

For the screenshots of Forza2, follow the link. There are 2 of them taken from the trailer.

Here's one:

1147225192.jpg

lePobz said:
Apparently some of you are getting confused.

THAT IS A REAL FERRARI - the only reason that PHOTO is being released with Forza2-related news posts is because Microsoft game studios has a deal with some GT racing team to get the Forza 2 logo decal on some F430 GT cars.

For the screenshots of Forza2, follow the link. There are 2 of them taken from the trailer.
Oh no! You have ruined my life!

:cry:

I thought that was a screenshot, thats why I shit my pants and stared for like 10 minutes at it... dreaming about playing it.

Well on the website it says "screenshots".. it doesn't say "photo" So can you tell me for sure?

Yes, I can tell you 100% for sure. Blame the fool that pasted that photo with the first Forza2 news update.

Anyway, it's not like the actual screenshots look shabby, is it. :) In the interests of not confusing people, you should replace the photo in this thread with an actual screenshot!

WRT the bouncing boobs, they made baby jesus cry. Apparently.

I think the game will like that Ferrari photo when the game is released.

Here is a real screenshot. I like this one alot:
forzamotorsport22ss5rn.jpg

There is no reason the game won't look like that ferrari photo. When the game is done, compare the photo and the in game screenshot, and I bet the game will look so similar, you will be hard-pressed to figure out which one is real.

Anyone who has seen the Crysis source photos compared to in-game screenshots will know what I'm talking about. The in-game screenshots actually looked better than real-life in my opinion!

This game says it will have photo-realistic graphics, and there is no reason why it won't. :bounce:

VirusType2 said:
Anyone who has seen the Crysis source photos compared to in-game screenshots will know what I'm talking about. The in-game screenshots actually looked better than real-life in my opinion!
I almost agree, one of the biggest issues that're keeping us from photorealistic graphics imo is still shadowing, lighting.

The shadows on Crysis screenshots clearly show that they're not RL, mainly because the shadows don't(Atleast not in the footage shown yet) blur depending on the distance they're cast and the distance from the light etc, as it is IRL, sofar, all games I've seen with proclaimed softshadows(FEAR, Condemned) seems to be nothing but blurring out the shadows, however they don't seem to blur out the shadows depending on the distance they're cast etc etc, they just seem to blur'em.
Better than stencil-hard shadows I guess though.

The photo I posted above has obviously lost quite a bit of quality over what will be on your screen. Just look at the wall behind the cars. Nothing but bad image quality from several file convertions. JPEG sux. It's almost as bad as a magazine scan. lol.

Stay tuned for this game. It's going to be a dream. I have such high hopes for this game. I'm going to blow up a Ferrari at 209 MPH into another car. LOL

I hear what you are saying about shadows. Shadows and shading can add a shit-load of realism.

I still think the rendred Crysis images look better than real life though. The colors look more vibrant, It's like super-tec. True the real life looks slightly more realistic, and certain things like the grass blades are not fully realistic, but the skies, the water, the beaches look more beatiful in the renders.

Some of my family are professional programers, I think they call these ultra shiney renders pop-tech or something. I'll have to ask them next time I see them.

You can capture Real-Life photos that are very vibrant in terms of colours, it all depends on the filters, techniques etc you use, I know this because I take alot of photos myself and always add filters that how can you say "increases" the colours to make the pictures more vibrant etc.:)

I can give you examples.

Without - http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/8071/img00453ka.jpg
With - http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2407/img00461wr.jpg

Quite a difference as you can see, so in the end, when it comes to photos, it's all about the filters and techniques you use, same goes for games I guess.:)

Also, iirc, as of right now atleast, there're things that just can't be done ACCURATELY in games, such as depth of field.:)
I'm not a 100% but I remember hearing developers state that.
And you other peoples, don't use the DoDS video to say that it has been done, I quote DriverHeaven.

"The non real-time effects that Valve implemented were Motion Blur and Depth of Field"

All we can do in the end though is just sit and wait to see what the future holds.:)

Also, rendered images can look better than real life because rendered images can be controlled and perfected, whereas real life not so much.:p

At first I looked at lePobz picture and thought nothing of it. Then I read Stigmata's post and thought "wha?" Then I looked at it again and was awestruck.

VirusType2 said:
I think the game will like that Ferrari photo when the game is released.

Here is a real screenshot. I like this one alot:
forzamotorsport22ss5rn.jpg

I like how real the rims look :O

One of those pictures says its from cg-cars.com

Yeah. The top two are, but it was in a thread about Forza 2. It would make sense. All the cars in Forza are...um... CG...

The only ones I believe are in-game screenshots are displayed on the Forza Motorsport 2 website.

Those can't be ingame, even the tire tread is polygon madness, there more likely the high poly base models used as detail reference for the lower polygon ingame stuff.

If those are ingame screenies then I'll eat my megahurtz.

It's most likely that those pics are done with the game's Photoshoot mode.

Back