[Project] HL2 Meets Portal

Xenon

Reaction score
As the title says its basically simple...Half-Life 2 and Portal meets.

I would basically be able to voice act as male character, write the story and do the manuscripts for the talking heh ^^

I am asking here, as it seems like one of the most dedicated websites for valve games!
I have tried to use the Hammer tool a lot of times, and I just don't quiet understand the advanced settings of it.
Therefore I would like to support my own idea from other aspects...
The annoying thing, though, is that I can't realise this idea myself.

Half-life 2 and Portal is, too me, two of the best games I've ever played from Valve and I can't wait for Portal 2 and HL: EP 3!

In the meantime, I would like whoever wants to help me out on this (seemingsly) big project (no name specified)! The story goes (something ^^) like this:

Half-Life 2 meets Portal said:
You, as Chell, from the "Aperture Science Enrichment Centers Testing Areas", is testing the Portal device, and an interdimensional disturbance (Aka Gordon Freemans Teleportation from Half-Life 2 where Lamar, destroys a bit of the system before you were teleported) happens. Your last portal, suddently takes you too what seems like an unknown place to you. There is no GLaDOS voice, there is no limiting walls or enclosed rooms (Or cake!). You are in the open and free world. But the world isn't as open as you think it is...because of all places you ended up in City 17 which is in chaos, because Gordon Freeman is escaping. You are looking suspicious aswell, and the combines soon learn that your Portal Gun is a powerfull tool, and therefore wants to get you.

I hope this would encourage a few at least, since I like it (obviously xD).
On the way you'll meet known characters such as Alyx, Dr. Kleiner and others before they actually meet Gordon. They will help you as you (in fact) is a rebel after all :)

Tell me if its too crazy, lame or whatever reason you may have.
I just thougth it would be a cool idea ^^

My primary language is Danish...but I've gotten some pretty good grades in spoken English however..
Why do you ask? o:

Curiosity. I didn't mean to suggest that your English is bad or anything. Many people that have English as an acquired language don't always get phrasings quite right. I'd recommend that when the time comes, and before recording, you run the script by a native speaker for flow and realism. Good luck. :thumbs:

Curiosity. I didn't mean to suggest that your English is bad or anything. Many people that have English as an acquired language don't always get phrasings quite right. I'd recommend that when the time comes, and before recording, you run the script by a native speaker for flow and realism. Good luck. :thumbs:

Oh..well I can almost speak fluent (british) English heh ^^

Back