pyro: boy/girl debate gets new "heat"

monkeyclass

Reaction score
PLayed today with the new "looser" animations. LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!

one round I unfortually lost :(

BUT!

I noticed that the pyro, when he have lost, stand in a very feminin way.

Look yourself

ValvE tricking our minds!

Anyone got a screenshot? not at home at the moment so I can't see any of this new stuff myself :(

no,valve will not make oficial bikini skins of pyro if is a woman,so stop whit that

I admire your clinging to hope.

I myself do not belive he is a she. Lets call it a reverse lady gaga.

All I wanted to tell, was that ValvE is playing with us :)

EDIT: I do not want bekini's on mens you pervert! ;)

I find it interesting that the Pyro=male camp never offer actual proof or speculation, but just cling to idea that no character other than the announcer could be a woman.

I had no inclination to think so until I was convinced when Lombardi bloody admitted it. And then the whole purse thing.

I find it interesting that the Pyro=male camp never offer actual proof or speculation, but just cling to idea that no character other than the announcer could be a woman.

I had no inclination to think so until I was convinced when Lombardi bloody admitted it. And then the whole purse thing.

I think one of the major reasons people won't tell if they think pyro's a girl, is they belive others will look at them as pervs, who want pixelated nudity. I for many I doubt this is the reason.

I gotta be honest and say that I don't think that Valve themselve even knows it. And just puts these clues in-game to start debates (like this).

I rest my case

1) Lombardi admitted shit.

2) The proof is that the Pyro's voice is male, his voice actor is male and his figure is male. Any woman with shoulders like that would be post op.

I think one of the major reasons people won't tell if they think pyro's a girl, is they belive others will look at them as pervs

That's because when its clearly a bloke but someone clings so strongly to the fantasy (I.E. no proof) he is a chick, it comes across as such.

The debate's pointless, some people can think it's male, and some female, we should just leave it at that. But nobody's going to be mature enough to do that of course.

Valve is so not gonna reveal whether pyro's a man or a woman.

On a vaguely related topic:

I NEEWDS ME A GAWDAMN FIREMANS HAT NIAOW!

Let's just say the Pyro's prolonged exposure to such heat and sweaty-ass rubber means it's body has become so melted and disfigured that you can't tell just what gender it is.

9_12joel_home.jpg

I think we can all agree that the Pyro is an elusive character. None of us can truly understand the Pyro's gender until he/she takes off the firesuit-- which, in fact, will probably never happen in the history of Team Fortress 2. Just ask yourself this simple question: What would be the point of revealing the gender?

After reading the Pyro's bio, why would you want to know? either way the pyro is likely disfigured or burnt.

how about all the times Valve have written about the Pyro and referred to the Pyro as "he"

"he" is faster to type than "she" and any time you refer to an animal or bug, don't you say "He" before you change to "It," since you really don't know?

how about all the times Valve have written about the Pyro and referred to the Pyro as "he"

They usually refer to the pyro as "the Pyro" or occasionally "she". It's pretty obvious they want to be unclear about the pyro's sex no matter what it 'actually' is.

2) The proof is that the Pyro's voice is male, his voice actor is male and his figure is male. Any woman with shoulders like that would be post op.

Stupid argument. The voice is muffled. You don't know if its male or not, and the voice actors gender has nothing to do with the character itself.

I still prefer the idea that the pyro is a flaming homosexual. That would fit perfectly with TF2's humor.

This whole "pyro is a she" thing is recent, which tells me that the pyro was originally considered male but now valve is leaving the option open as well as saying things to get the community into a frenzy (like commenting on the pyro being a she), as per valve's modus operandi.

Stupid argument. The voice is muffled. You don't know if its male or not, and the voice actors gender has nothing to do with the character itself.

Stupid brain. Muffled doesn't magically remove all identifying qualities of a voice. There is a distinct difference between a muffled female voice and a muffled male voice, figure it out. Again, the voice actor is male.

I'm done with you. You're dead to me now.

And the character is a 10 year old boy.

And Pyro is muffled.

My point is the sex of a voice actor is not a definitive guide as to the sex of the character.
Personally I don't care one way or the other, but Valve are intentionally making the distinction vague and your ad hominem attacks against those who think Pyro could be female - backed up with faulty arguments - just make you look like a raging internet nerd. Go get a girlfriend Nuri.

When I sent Robin Walker my drawing of the Pyro as a girl and said that I always imagine her as an Ophelia type, he replied saying he thought I'd be "pleasantly surprised" by the Meet the Pyro video.

More heat to the debate :D

Stupid brain. Muffled doesn't magically remove all identifying qualities of a voice. There is a distinct difference between a muffled female voice and a muffled male voice, figure it out. Again, the voice actor is male.

I'm done with you. You're dead to me now.

I almost went and wrote a rebuttal to this but then I realized it was nurizeko and didn't even bother.

What's that? Nurizeko passionately arguing against the female pyro as if his evidence is more valid than our evidence and making insane accusations about the implications of our opnions?

it was "the thang" once the handbag was seen.
It's not recent at all.

The handbag thing also fits in with the flaming homosexual theory.

It still didn't explicitly imply the pyro was female.

It was only until certain key people on valve referred to the pyro as a she that the "pyro is a female" theory was made a true possibility.

During the beta me and my team always referred to the pyro as a homosexual. Him really being a female NEVER occurred to us because he obviously sounded male.

Every time I see a purse, I automatically assume a flamboyant homosexual owns it until I see evidence to the contrary.

I think the pyro is gay. Might explain the voice/figure and the purse/loosing animations

What's that? Nurizeko passionately arguing against the female pyro as if his evidence is more valid than our evidence and making insane accusations about the implications of our opnions?

My evidence: Hard proof.

Girl evidence: Wishful thinking and grasping at straws.

Stop sounding like a young Earth creationist or whatever. You want me to even consider your position, provide some hard actual evidence.

Back