QuakeLive Beta Signups

quake 1 in your browser?
it would be basically the same thing as how hl1 was able to be played in browser.

Yes it's an ad-supported version of Quake III played in your browser.

Runs perfectly by the way, and it's not so much 'in' your browser.

Anyone still playing this? Not getting any luck with the invites :/

If anyone here has an account could he give an invite? ^^

If anyones interested in trying QuakeLive I got one invite left. ID just released a new patch and a new map for QL and doubled the current player base. First post gets the invite.

Aw poor guys, if I knew how to get invites I would give you some :(. Anyways it works pretty smoothly I have to say I'm impressed. Lots of fun to pick up and play for a minute or two during work. :thumbs:

Aw poor guys, if I knew how to get invites I would give you some :(. Anyways it works pretty smoothly I have to say I'm impressed. Lots of fun to pick up and play for a minute or two during work. :thumbs:

You got in at the best possible time. ID's plan was to tenfold the current user base by today. Too bad the game is on NDA or what was it... Can't post any videos or screenshots.

Ah yes of course, its my first real beta I've been apart of and even though it doesnt work well in IE it works amazingly well in firefox. I cant believe it runs so smoothly! I wonder if battlefield heroes will even be able to compete.

Ah yes of course, its my first real beta I've been apart of and even though it doesnt work well in IE it works amazingly well in firefox. I cant believe it runs so smoothly! I wonder if battlefield heroes will even be able to compete.

Well Battlefield Heroes isn't a web browser game, and so is sort of in a different ball park.

Ad supported Quake 3 versus team based cartoon Battlefield game with micro transactions.

What competition? Battlefield will win hands down.

Ad supported Quake 3 versus team based cartoon Battlefield game with micro transactions.

You got to remember all the big tournaments will support QuakeLive. Cups and tournaments are rolling even thou it's only a beta. If you have played it you know how the clan support currently works... I'm wishing for the golden Quake 3 times to come back. Huge lan tournaments, 70,000$ for the winner...

Only downside QuakeLive has is that it's so hard to learn. Sure anyone can pull off 60% acc at instagib. But learning strafe jumping (so you can get to like 1200ups, 520-580 in first jump), hell the whole movement physics. Then learning maps and how to move according to items so you don't have to wait for spawns. God I love this game :D

Man, I used to play this game so damn much back in the day....then Counterstrike ruined my life.

I assume this will have vq3 movement? Will there be a native CPM game mode (cpma <3)? I'm intrigued. I might get somewhere with this.

Goodluck getting iinto the beta, ive put my name down loads of times in the past few months, ive not had a single response .

Im not to impressed with BF heroes, I see what they are doing, but the thirdperson camera they have gone with is so annoying, plus everything is so comedicly chunky, that I cant really tell what im hitting half the time, still its free, so ill give them that.

I really wanna try Quake Live, there hasnt really been a good solid arena deathmatch FPS since Quake 3, (UT has its moments but its not accessible), and with it being free and web based, it should have a decent sized community, plus the league tables and rankings on the site should be interesting.

I assume this will have vq3 movement? Will there be a native CPM game mode (cpma <3)? I'm intrigued. I might get somewhere with this.

Nope, QL uses CPM physics except in CA, CA uses vq3.

Sounds awesome. Two questions: 1) Are you required to install a local client? 2) What's the load time for the game in the browser?

How much you wanna bet these micro transactions probably have you paying for new levels, when they probably give you not a damn thing. To compete with other players and actually get some time out of it you will have to buy stuff. I'll be damn surprised if it isn't just bullshit micro transactions all the way.

Blah,
Yes you have to dl a local client, and I'd say its taken me no longer than 30 seconds to join a game. It runs great, and I've had no crashes..etc.

The local client is about 4mb. Btw you can edit the hud pretty much like in Q3 and your old configs will work normally. Also some things that are coming: lan support, insite tournaments and maybe tournament making, private and custom servers, clan leaderboards and supports. Hell this might just become the best thing ever!

Awesome, sounds like it could be a solidified piece of quake 3 multiplayer beauty. Apparently two people have sent me an invite over 2 days ago, but nothing so far. :/

AHA-Lambda and CyberPitz I got an invite to you! Just pm me your name and email and I'll invite you guys in. Also I have three more invites left. First three to reply and pm me your infos will get them.

I have been trying to get into the beta for ages now! I hope you arent just playing tricks on me Bakurei. I'm sending the pm with my info now. Looking forward to playing some of you guys in the game.

Nope, no trick here. Just try to be quick. The invites are available untill ID decides there have been enough invites. It might take 1min or 1 week for the invite to arrive.

I havnt got my beta email yet even tho I signd up within a day or so of it opening :/ If anyone can send me a invite I love you long time ;)

Oh and just to clarify the invite page needs first- and lastname and email addres.

Back