Quantum Conundrum: Kim Swift makes interesting, cute puzzle game, (no portals???)

That's not like Portal at all. Definitely not.

Yeaaah, I feel bad saying it, but it seems quite like Portal. I mean, the first person puzzle thing alone wouldn't be enough, but it seems to contain a lot of puzzle elements/mechanics that were in Portal.

That said, it's at least kind if interesting and creative. Wouldn't buy it for more than $10 though.

because Portal invented the physics based puzzle games, right guys?

because Portal invented the physics based puzzle games, right guys?

Did you even read my post? I didn't go into detail, but it's not just about being a physics based puzzle game.

The gameplay has some similarities to the gels from Portal 2, but the similarities I feel are much more visuals: the circular doors, the lasers, the ridiculous acronyms, and it looks a lot like TF2's animation style. Cell-shaded quasi-cartoon graphics.

That game looks really fun, exactly the sort of game I enjoy.

But since Portal was also first person physics-based puzzle game, I guess that will somehow detract from the experience in some way. :|

I don't see anybody in this thread saying that it's a bad game because of any similarities to Portal. I don't see anyone in this thread saying bad things about the game for any reason.

I merely felt like pointing out some things that felt pretty similar. The familiar semi-awkward mechanic of picking up objects is the same (you pick something up and it just floats in front of you directly in the center of your screen awkwardly, with the infamous slight lag as you move. Always felt like Valve could have done this better in Portal 2). Putting something in the path of a laser to deactivate a boundary that evaporates objects? Hmmm....

Again this isn't attempting to invalidate all the things that are original in the game, and from the looks of it there's plenty. I'm not too interested in the idea though and already have enough games unplayed in my library, hence my disinterest in buying.

How do I turn this thread into pink fluffy mode.

3xoHh.png

I laughed when at the start of some of the [strike]chambers[/strike] rooms she pressed a button to dispense a [strike]cube[/strike] safe which is used to hold down a [strike]button[/strike] pressure plate to open a door at the end. Yes it's nothing like Portal.

Looks great fun, definitely be playing this.

ITT: People not realizing the core mechanic of Portal.

Skyrim is a total rip-off of Deus Ex!

Despite the obvious similarities to Portal with certain elements, it does have a few gameplay mechanics that make it quite interesting to me. I'd possibly give it a go...

oh come on, early PSX games from 90s had the same game mechanics. if you ignore the portal technology, portal didn't have any innovative puzzles.

That may be true, but when you look at this game being played, do you think of those PSX games or do you think of Portal? There's no denying the game feels like Portal, for the reasons already listed. There's also no denying it has plenty of originality both in new mechanics and the visual style. Just saiyan.

This looks quite fun, shall have to keep an eye on this title.

It will be on Steam and I'd be happy to grab it for 20 dollars or so...

I think that it's a game mainly for kids and girls,because it is (star section in gay voice)*so pretty and fluffy,and pinky,and sparkly!!*
And plus the whole feel of the game is like it's a kids game, whilst portal is a pretty mature one...

Who cares if some of the mechanics and visuals are reminiscent of Portal? Kim Swift designed that too. You don't call out Tim Schaefer for having a distinct style that transcends any particular game of his, right?

Seems to have plenty of fresh puzzle mechanics on top of some stuff she's recycled from Portal, and I like that it has the same sort of cutesy tongue-in-cheek humor as Portal too. I'll check it out!

I think that it's a game mainly for kids and girls,because it is (star section in gay voice)*so pretty and fluffy,and pinky,and sparkly!!*
And plus the whole feel of the game is like it's a kids game, whilst portal is a pretty mature one...

Actually a lot of girls played Portal.

I'll see how the reviews come out... may put it on the list for the next Christmas sale. I'm hoping it will be fairly clever/challenging. Hard to tell from that video.

I saw a still from 'Happy Tree Friends', it looked like a bunch of cute fuzzy cartoon animals sitting in a tree. Totally a kids show.

Yeah they're really cornering the kid/girl/gay market with all that pink shit.

Looks fun as shit, don't care whether it is inspired by Portal.

Back