Radeon 9500 with 1.3 ghz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

reaction

hi,

ive been told numerous times that because my processor is 1.3 ghz (pentium 4), a Radeon 9700/pro/9800 won't run at its true speed because it will be "bottlenecked" by the cpu. So...I've decided I'll probably get a 9500/pro, does anyone know if this is a good card and if it will be able to run HL2 good? thanks

my specs:

1.3 ghz Pentium 4
512 Samsung RAMBUS
GeForce 2 GTS 32mb
40gb Maxtor HD
SB Live! Value
Creative Labs Inspire 5.1 setup
19" Viewsonic A90f+

i think u will be fine with a 9500pro. u have a good amount of ram so hl2 will probly run pretty fast, as for graphical settings, ud probly get a good fps on a medium setting. though i dont realy know the requirments, so who knows...maybe u will run it fine on the highest setting.

your setup will be completely Hl2 ready once you have that 9500 (great choice btw)
I wouldnt upgrade a thing, maybe waaay down the line a new processor, but honestly I dont think anything's gonna be needing an immense amount more than what you have currently for a while ;)

If you can get a pro those 8 pipelines will make it really good.

bosox188 said:
If you can get a pro those 8 pipelines will make it really good.

Congratulations, you just dug up the grave of a year old post.

oD1Nz, are you referring to soft-modding? If so, I agree.

oD1Nz said:
Congratulations, you just dug up the grave of a year old post.

Well, they will make it really good. He should get good performance out of it, Half Life 2 will run fine. And YAY FOR MY 100TH POST!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

:bounce:

The thread was started over a year ago, he probably has a brand new machine by now... why reply to age-old posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back