Radiohead - Harry Patch (In Memory Of) released today

Reginald

Reaction score
Radiohead's new song, Harry Patch (In Memory Of) was released today on their website. It's a memorial song to Harry Patch, the last surviving British soldier from World War I and it costs £1 from their website.

Recently the last remaining UK veteran of the 1st world war Harry Patch died at the age of 111.
I had heard a very emotional interview with him a few years ago on the Today program on Radio4.
The way he talked about war had a profound effect on me.
It became the inspiration for a song that we happened to record a few weeks before his death.
It was done live in an abbey. The strings were arranged by Jonny.
I very much hope the song does justice to his memory as the last survivor.

It would be very easy for our generation to forget the true horror of war, without the likes of Harry to remind us.
I hope we do not forget.

As Harry himself said
"Irrespective of the uniforms we wore, we were all victims".

This morning the Today program played the song for the first time and now it is available to download from our website.

Please click here to download.

The proceeds of this song will go to the British Legion.

To peace and understanding.
Thom

A damn good song for a worthy cause.

Beautiful piece, this band never cease to amaze me.

Not entirely, just taking a break from them. They are musicians and eventually they will miss it, and be drawn back to the studio.

If I didn't know any better I'd say that this was Sigur Ros.

Nothing too special in my opinion. This coming from a person who likes Radiohead as a music dispenser and not a sexually fapping tool.

New Radiohead EP possibly being released tomorrow called Wall of Ice.

Radiohead are strongly rumoured to be releasing a new EP next week.

The move comes after a new song 'These Are My Twisted Words leaked' earlier this week and fansite At Ease reported that source files of the track revealed that the title 'Wall Of Ice' was found twice with a release date set for August 17, 2009.

The site now claims that there could be up to four tracks on the EP and that a weblink has surfaced which leads directly to Radiohead's online merchandise store, a similar tactic the band used to release their last album 'In Rainbows'.

But so far though, there is no listing for the official release in the download shop.

Lead singer Thom Yorke also recently said the band were looking to step away from releasing conventional albums in the future.

Radiohead will headline the Reading And Leeds Festivals, which take place between August 28 and 30.

Exciting stuff.

Crossing my fingers that they release a downloadable vinyl rip of their digital EP.

Turns out to just be one song released today for FREE. "These Are My Twisted Words" is a pretty damn epic song. No excuse not to have this song.

I do respect Radiohead for constantly reinventing themselves, but to be honest I've never really gotten into them. I guess I have to give Kid A another listen (as OK Computer bores me to death).

Back