re: depressed as hell. Looking for suggestions.

Hey bhc please make another sincere thread so we can shit all over it with our useless moral posturing.

Sincerely valvetime :cat:

Hey bhc please make another sincere thread so we can shit all over it with our useless moral posturing.

Sincerely valvetime :cat:

Yes, more furry talk please. :D

Seriously though, exercise is a great antidepressant. And spending time in nature helps calm the soul, I find. Those things and music usually help me considerably.

Seriously though, exercise is a great antidepressant. And spending time in nature helps calm the soul, I find. Those things and music usually help me considerably.

Yes! Finally something we can agree on. I actually exercise and listen to music at the same time. The pain clears my mind and the music distracts me from the pain. A wonderful combination, I've discovered.

Edit: Also if you haven't yet seen it you need to watch The Shawshank Redemption. The most inspiring movie there is.

Maybe you could elaborate.

blankquotes are a lazy way to highlight posts that are hypocritical or ironic. I found your comment about having neither time nor patience to read someone's posting history amusing.

Also, as a mod, I feel posting in a thread like this, where two members are diverging from the topic and also making insulting comments back and forth, is a less invasive way to encourage moderated posting or make moderation seem present than giving infractions or writing PMs.

Also, as a mod, I feel posting in a thread like this, where two members are diverging from the topic and also making insulting comments back and forth, is a less invasive way to encourage moderated posting or make moderation seem present than giving infractions or writing PMs.

Speaking of ADHD, I'm getting screened for it on Friday.

I'm not too excited about the prospect.

People like you disgust me. People that treat women as nothing more than toys for their own amusement.

And yeah I am a virgin. Explain to me what that has to do with anything.

um dude I have a steady GF now, but through out 2012 I hooked with a bunch of girls including a few co-workers.
I can't help but agree with Mogi you sound really naive there is nothing wrong with just hooking up as long as you make sure the the girl feels the same way about it, in fact twice last year I thought I had something special going with 2 different women and THEY shot me down.
so yeah you need to grow up.
Women enjoy sex just as much as dudes,you don't have to marry a chick just because you had sex with her.

But you do have to eat her soul.

He was probably objecting more to your use of the word "pussy" to describe a person, when actually you were probably describing an experience.

This pointless analysis brought to you by BadHat.

He was probably objecting more to your use of the word "pussy" to describe a person, when actually you were probably describing an experience.

Also the term "**** buddy" but yeah pretty much.

Um a lot. "**** buddy" implies you're only using the girl for sex. That's pretty sick to me. But hey man, it's your life and not mine. If having sex with every girl in town relieves depression for you, go for it.

Um a lot. "**** buddy" implies you're only using the girl for sex. That's pretty sick to me. But hey man, it's your life and not mine. If having sex with every girl in town relieves depression for you, go for it.

lol'd

He is right, though. Sex can be a great mood lifter. However, it can often lead to soul-crushing heartbreak and sorrow for one party or another if/when the arrangement falls apart.

I'd like to see a source for the "often" part of that argument. It can certainly be the case, but "often" is a relative term. In this case, relative only to the opposing stances, wherein both parties are fine, or both parties are not. Assigning a value judgement to the overall behavior is not really possible based off of correlation by frequency, anyways.

Alright, not often, then. Whatever, man.

He is right, though. Sex can be a great mood lifter. However, it can often lead to soul-crushing heartbreak and sorrow for one party or another if/when the arrangement falls apart.

Agreed. But I'm not arguing about the fact that sex is great: that's pretty much indisputable. But it's the way he's going about doing it. And the way he treats women in the process. Merely regarding them as "**** buddies." You might as well go out and hire a prostitute then. It's the same thing. There's no love. And I'm willing to bet that actually loving someone and being loved back by that same person is way more satisfying than having sex with some girl just to have sex. That's not the sex I want. I want to make love to a girl who loves me and I love her back.

And I'm willing to bet that actually loving someone and being loved back by that same person is way more satisfying than having sex with some girl just to have sex. That's not the sex I want. I want to make love to a girl who loves me and I love her back.

Indeed. That's a good attitude to have man. Make sure not to fall for a girl who doesn't reciprocate.

The issue here is not objectifying women so much as it is expressing yourself like a sexist-ish fifteen year old boy and then having to explain later that you're not a terrible human being. If you just express yourself in a less scumbaggy way we wouldn't need to have a page of clarification.

Nah man, I'll argue the semantics of anything. Get my kicks from it.

Nah man, I'll argue the semantics of anything. Get my kicks from it.

Have you read any Wittgenstein? You might enjoy his writings on Language-games.

Is **** buddies really considered a scumbaggy term? I never really thought of it as such. I can see the argument for his other language but not this one. **** buddies are just two buddies having friendly ****s.

No it sounds pretty bad. I mean seriously, **** buddy? Like someone you could have sex with whenever you wanted but they're not good enough to be your girlfriend. I find it a very scumbag thing to say and the fact that he asked what was wrong with it makes it even worse.

No it sounds pretty bad. I mean seriously, **** buddy? Like someone you could have sex with whenever you wanted but they're not good enough to be your girlfriend. I find it a very scumbag thing to say and the fact that he asked what was wrong with it makes it even worse.

What if they only want to ****/don't want anything more from you? Do you really not know how this works?

What if they only want to ****/don't want anything more from you? Do you really not know how this works?

rofl like you know how it works. you haven't seen a vagina since you were injected from a test tube. get squabbed on more kid

No it sounds pretty bad. I mean seriously, **** buddy? Like someone you could have sex with whenever you wanted but they're not good enough to be your girlfriend.

While I agree it is not the most eloquent term to use, just because you only have sex with this person doesn't mean they "aren't good enough" to be a girlfriend/boyfriend. Sometimes there are other personal aspects that hold one or both parties from making a further commitment.

Back