Red Orchestra - Big Update

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
Following on from yesterdays Steam Client Update which provided support for a 'Red Orchestra Update' here we have it, the Red Orchestra Update. Man thats a lot of Updates in one paragraph...[br]
Tripwire Interactive today released a major update for Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, the award-winning WWII online action game. For current owners, the updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. Those who purchase the game before June 11 will save an additional 20% off the $19.95 list price.[br]To give gamers a chance to try the updated version of one of the best sellers on Steam, Tripwire is offering both retail and Steam customers two free Steam Guest Passes. All owners of Red Orchestra can invite friends to try the game with no obligation to purchase. Upon receiving and activating the Steam Guest Pass, the invited friend has ten days of Red Orchestra play available for free.
[br]Yes this is a big update, apart from the Steam related info, there are 10 new maps, new fan-made content included in the game, an increased player count and more![br] Read the whole update here

Finally, an increased player-count... I wish they'd push it to 64 though.

Wow, I'm really surprised they're giving such huge update for free. I really like Steam games :D

Now, running Steam to download this one. I wonder how much the updates weights?

Finally, an increased player-count... I wish they'd push it to 64 though.

It is technically possible to run a 64 player server, however, testing shows that right now with a 3 something ghz woodcrest that the optimal player count for all types of maps is about 50 before major preformance hits occur. It is possible to have 64 players on some infantry maps without major problems, but not all of them.

I've got two guest passes if anyone wants them. :) They last 10 days apparently.

Crap! Damn this internet for not working ><

I would so want to try it ;(

I've also got 2 passes if anyone wants one, just PM me... or hit me up on xfire.

Back