Replacement skins for L4D?

falconwind

Reaction score
Once the mod/skinning community sinks its teeth into the game (pun?) I hope to see lots of new skins and models for L4D.

I'm not complaining, but I plan on changing the skins on the weapons. Not to make it like CS, but simply out of aesthetic preference. Though I might find out if CS skins and models will work.

Uzi: The MP5 is boring, but I honestly can't think of a more believable SMG to have lying around during a zombie apocalypse. It's the quintessential automatic weapon for police. Who uses Uzi's? I mean, not the military, and not the gangbangers. Mini-Uzis or Mac10's I can see for criminals, but I don't care for either.
Shotgun: Something more tactical looking. But otherwise, nothing "wrong" with it at all. Shotguns are everywhere.
M16: Might keep it, but the M4 looks nicer, and is equally justifiable, as it is used by police and military. Again, nothing "wrong" with the M16; National Guard uses it.
Hunting Rifle: It's a Ruger Mini-14, but I'd just as rather have it be an M14, such as Marines and SWAT sniper teams use. Again, nothing "wrong" with it, but to me the M14 fits the bill better as a high powered scoped rifle. You're probably equally as likely to find either.

Are you guys planning to replace any models and/or skins later on? If so, what and to what?

I hate when people refer to new models as "skins"

CSS Models wont work out of the box, as they lack the various animations and bone points and such that are in L4D, (the melee attack for instance), but even TF2 has replacement models so im sure somone is gonna do it.

Personaly im fine with whats already there, but each to there own.

I posted in a thread about this elsewhere.

I think it would be cool to do a survivor model replacement using characters from other "zombie" movies.

Will Smith from "I am Legend"
Mila Jovovich from "Resident Evil"
Bruce Campbell from "Evil Dead 2/Army of Darkness"
Simon Pegg from "Shaun of the Dead"

I haven't bothered with model replacements in years but I would install this in a hearbeat.

I posted in a thread about this elsewhere.

I think it would be cool to do a survivor model replacement using characters from other "zombie" movies.

Will Smith from "I am Legend"
Mila Jovovich from "Resident Evil"
Simon Pegg from "Shaun of the Dead"

I haven't bothered with model replacements in years but I would install this in a hearbeat.
That's a really good / gimmicky idea. I wouldn't care, I'd definitely install that too.

Lol, its just a fact that ANY SOURCE game by VALVE is automatically gonna have a lot of customization becuase its so easy to do. Within the first week there will be tons of stuff on fps banana fo L4D...

I doubt ill use any, at least not a for a while, so i can play with what valve made and see what i think....

Thats who im being for halloween, and man, he ****ing pwns, id love to see a model for that... But id only use it if it was good quality, not a half assed attempt...

Back