Repost: HL2 Mod - Revolution Racing

Z

Zonyc

Revolution Racing is a HL2 modification based on street racing. We plan to include fully customizable cars with a buy system which rivals cs. In this mod we plan cars anywhere from Nissan Skyline GTRs to 67' mustangs, thus there may be wars between old school american muscle cars vs. the new wave of import tuners. We have a list of a few cars that we plan on implimenting into the mod which I will list below. The parts list will be much more extensive, and will allow for loads of customization. Servers will be based on 16 players eventually but every race will be 4 players. Thus we there will be a wait time before races. This is not to discourage the player but to allow the players time to customize their cars. Also we plan to add a sort of xp system into the game. So, if a player wins a race he gets 3xp and 2nd gets 2xp and so on. Last player gets none. This is to even out the races so that players who win their races will not just get more and more money as the fly through everyone with nos kits and such.
That's about it. This is where you may come in. We of course need some help. We would like to get at least 5 coders (In fact we may need more). Any other positions u think you could help us out with? Just email me at [email protected] I'll respond to ur email asap and get u some information.
Our site is being completed as I type this, and we plan to post more information on the site soon. You can view the layout of the site so far .here Also if you have a mod being made that is similar in idea I would be interested in talking about merging just so that we dont have a million racing mods.

Car List (incomplete)
Acura/Honda
2002 RSX
1998 Integra
1992 Integra
2002 NSX
1999 Accord
1995 Civic
1997 Civic Hatchback
1999 Civic Si
2002 Civic Si
1984 CRX
1990 CRX
1996 Del Sol
1998 Integra Type-R (Japan)
1995 Prelude
1998 Prelude
2002 S2000
Hyundai
2003 Tiburon
Mazda
1988 RX-7
1997 RX-7
2004 RX-8
Mitsubishi
1998 Eclipse
2002 Eclipse
2001 Evolution VII
2003 Evolution VIII
Nissan/Infiniti
1992 240SX Fastback
1992 S13 Silvia (Japan)
1997 240SX
2002 S15 Silvia (Japan)
1992 300ZX
2003 350Z
1998 Maxima
1993 R32 Skyline GT-R V-Spec (Japan)
1998 R33 Skyline GT-R V-Spec (Japan)
1999 R34 Skyline GT-R V-Spec 2 (Japan)
2003 G35 Coupe
Subaru
1996 Impreza (Japan)
2002 WRX
2004 WRX STi
Toyota/Lexus
1999 Celica
1986 Corolla
1999 GS300
2003 IS300
1994 MR2
2002 MR-S
1997 SC300
2003 SC430
1998 Supra

The above list are the cars we plan to impliment. Not all of these cars will make the cut, but we have researchers doing some work to find out which cars everybody wants, and which will suit the game the best. The domestic car list will be released soon, so stay tuned!

Just a curious question: How high poly is it suppose to be? That's like 50 cars, its gonna take an age to model them all...

I like the page though :)

hehe, well like I said, not all of the cars on the list will be making it in. In fact, we plan to have only about 3-5 for the first few releases of the game. We'll see how it goes from there.

EDIT: Forgot to add, we have alot of skilled moddelers working on the team. Team shockstyle, who were some of the best moddelers for nfs 6 are also part of the team. Here is an example of their work.

Cool... My mod team consists of me at the moment, though I could use a mapper. I'll probably find a dimwitted 11 year old girl that cant map for crap to do the job :p

I know I would play this mod at least. Just keep quality high, dont compromise...

nice cars but way too many japanese rice cookers :p..the cars not the ppl. what about some porsches? (2000 911 turbo, 959, 928 gt etc) or some ferraris, lamborghinis, saleens..some more muscle cars would be nice, too :D. but i like the idea..something like nfs : unleashed.

Merger

Zonyc,

Rather than us compete, we already are established with the SAME exact idea, but the car list is different, so if you wish to join us you can rather than anything happen which most likely will if you don’t.

You can view our site here; http://www.highoctanemod.com
You can email me here; [email protected]

Thanks,
Eclipse

It won't let me edit my post, so here's some of the newest work of arts;

evowire.jpg

evo.jpg

Done by Death Octimus

Thanks,
Eclipse

That list only comprises the japanese aspect of cars. We also are completing 2 other lists of Muscle and other import cars. So don't worry. We are not stupid. We have a god damn physicist on the team who is helping us do all the parts improvements and adjustments to create the best racing experience we can throw out.

Re: Merger

Well eclipse, we have already established a well rounded team with almost everyone we need with the exception of coders. We have our models 90% complete, all we have to do is wait for the sdk and we should have a release shortly after HL2 is released. I can discuss this issue with my team and see if it would be acceptable for you to join us :cheese: If you want to contact me, my email address is listed above. Thanks!

My self and Traxil are talking, but Zonyc, it would be the other way around, your team would be joining US. Could we please see some examples of all these models, skins and animations you've made?

-Eclipse

hondas arg... :)

if you include some some porsche's and beemers ill play it.

i hope its a little realistic.....i dont want to see a civic beating a 911 turbo.

Eclipse, we would have to see what you plan to do with the mod. When you said you had the same idea, did you mean it was exactly alike, 100% the same? If so, we just may have to merge :) As for the pics, i'll get Traxil to throw some up tomorrow when he gets online.

As for the idea's, yes the exact same, what gets me, is my co-leader and I have been planning this for a good while now (since HL2 was announced).

-Eclipse

Like I said we have a physicist on the team so you can bet it would be realistic in that matter, but porche is too pricey. Not too many of those being raced these days. Unless you are really rich and have money to blow. We'll see. As for work. Well here is some of the stuff we are working on.

http://www.gamingforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11791

That is currently being tested in NFS. It is a Mitsubishi 3000gt stock. I'm working on a Nissan 350z at the moment but am not at liberty to release the pic yet as well as the Lexus GS300 model is being completed by Grungy right now.

You'll have to work off the Mitsubishi pic for now until we get the new site up with all the renders we have.

Eclipse, Traxil forwarded the email you sent him to me. Clearly we do not see eye to eye about everything, which would make the racing experience very differnt. The time you are "thinking" about making a mod is irrelivent. Good luck with yours!

Back