Resident Evil 6 / Left 4 Dead 2 Crossover Announced

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
The second major crossover for Left 4 Dead has been announced. When Resident Evil 6 launches on Steam next week there will special Mercenaries Mode level taking place in Mercy Hospital starring Coach, Ellis, Rochelle and Nick. The Witch and a smaller version of the Tank will also appear as enemies.

On the Left 4 Dead side of things Valve have added a Resident Evil 6 tag to the Left 4 Dead 2 Workshop and is inviting fans to submit their own version of the Resident Evil 6 characters to the workshop. The best will be chosen for Valve's official Resident Evil 6 collection. Valve are also submitting their own ports of some of the Resident Evil 6 enemies: Lepotitsa, Napad and Ogroman.

Read more on the Left 4 Dead blog here or the Resident Evil developer blog here.

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 5,436
I read about this last night before I headed to bed. Some of the screenshots were ok looking. Dunno... I'm not really all that much a fan of the RE games, not played any of the more recent ones (last 5 years maybe). Not sure even the L4D2 characters would make me play this.
Is it only me that is finding this crossover fad that's building up pace at the moment a bad thing? Some franchises are too big in themselves, or too different in their mechanics/style to merge successfully. Well, that's my opinion of course.

Some franchises are too big in themselves, or too different in their mechanics/style to merge successfully.

These are games focused on multiple characters using various high-powered guns to fight through hordes of zombies - the mechanics are pretty easy to reconcile.

Back