Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicals (Wii)

That's crock. It really is. Oblivion is not significantly better just because it allows to go wherever you want, not at all. Open-ended games are rather overrated. There's a significant decline in quality when this happens, and the developer is unable to create a fluent and cinematic experience. As I said above, I'm more for the stream-lined and polished cinematic experience. Yes, games are all about interactivity, but I personally find your previous example more interesting. The player should definitely be able to tackle combat situations differently, but I don't think how vast the world the player has to wander around in should be such an important factor in how good a game is. People often have this overblown and ludicrous idea that freedom is better (quality>quantity every time). If you ask me, it isn't. I'm not saying I don't like open-ended games, I'm simply saying I prefer linear games with a very strict quality control.

Whilst UC is certainly on the rails, this doesn't mean the game is worse than Oblivion simply because you 'can't go wherever you want'. This, more so than a game with fairly linear level-design, gives them more of an opportunity to create an even greater cinematic experience. The example you cited is still going to be evident in UC, when I sharpen my skill with the game and gain the ability to pass through various sections with ease. It's these type of games where time with the game matters. My friend could have an entirely different experience because he's finding it difficult.

That is incredibly well said, and I don't disagree.

But even while playing the main quests of Oblivion, I love to run off and do whatever I want. Veering from the quest driven path to go raiding a tomb, cave or just robbing and killing the townsfolk for no reason with no real goal, or objective, is sometimes - strike that out, usually even more fun for me.

Sometimes I just want to explore and kill stuff, find a new dungeon, build up my skills, and find some better equipment, or figure out a trap or puzzle.

I won't argue that sometimes you want the perfect sequential level game like Half-Life2, but for me, I really love the freedom of Oblivion, even if it lacks polish.

So, that's why I own both games. :)

-Virus Type D

This game is the best thing I have played in ages. It's perfectly paced and I love the action scenes. :D

(Can't spare any bandwidth to look) Did they update the graphics? To what extent?

Guess I'll just have to pass a Decree to stop Warbie posting Wii news on the likes of Metroid 3 and Resident Evil UC.

Guess I'll just have to pass a Decree to stop Warbie posting Wii news on the likes of Metroid 3 and Resident Evil UC.

I shall not be silent!

Wii ftfw :)

I cant wait for this! Has coop been confirmed yet?

You know Asuka, simply googling "Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles Multiplayer" would have answered that question for you.. But I guess doing such a task is too overcomplicated for you.:p

Answer: Yes.

Anyway, I still wish Capcom would port over their RE Outbreak games to PC.

Back