Resident Evil Wii announced

Slacker

Reaction score
The game consists of 4 "chapters", RE1's mansion, RE2's RPD, RE3's city areas and RE4's village (plus surrounding areas).
-Each chapter has 2 characters to choose from. RE1 has Jill and Chris, RE2 has Leon and Claire, RE3 has Jill and Carlos and RE4 has Leon and Ada.
-There are several characters that can be unlocked by playing through the game: Rebecca Chambers, Hunk and Albert Wesker.
-The gameplay of all chapters is designed around RE4's. Press the B trigger on the wiimote to go into over-the-shoulder view, aim with the pointer and press A to fire.
-The game will have QTEs, but rather than push buttons you have to make motions with the wiimote in order to get through them.
-All characters will have mêlée attacks, just like RE4.
-To encourage replayablility, each character has strengths and weaknesses, similar to how in RE4:Mercenaries Ada had the least health, Krauser was the slowest, etc.
-Just like in RE4:Mercenaries each character has a unique set of weapons. What's more players can only carry 2 weapons at any one time. Chris gets a pistol and shotgun whilst Jill gets a pistol and grenade launcher.
-You will be able to find several new weapons during each stage. For example, RE1 will have Richard's shotgun, RE2 will have the Desert Eagle, RE4 will have the Chicago Typewriter. There will also be new weapons like Krauser's anti-personnel robots.
-Similar to Devil May Cry 3, after each chapter you can save your data and any new weapons picked up will be available for use in Arcade Mode.
-Arcade Mode is like a giant Mercenaries minigame. No puzzles or story, just pick a character and a stage and blast through it. Building on the resounding success of Mercenaries seen when RE4 was released.
-Scenario Mode will feature a large number of ingame cutscenes.
-New content not in the games that the chapters were based on will be added. The primary goal of this will be to link RE4 and Umbrella's status in it more closely with the rest of the series.
-Ammo conservation will play a part in the gameplay, so it's not just constant action like RE4.
-Trailer coming at TGS.

http://www.gamersreports.com/mediabrowser/691/9274/

Meh, seems almost like an advanced version of "Mercanaries" to me, just by concept. I'd perfer if they just released RE5 for it, but whatever.

Lame. I'd rather see a Resident evil specific Wii game, that takes advantage of the console.

The way RE4 is set up should work really well with the Wii controls actually ... but the game itself doesn't sound worthwhile. They'll probably release a real sequel on the console eventually though.

I reckon they will do one specifically for the Wii eventually, suppose this is just a tester in a way.

I'm just glad there's an RE game coming to the Wii. :thumbs:

Lame. I'd rather see a Resident evil specific Wii game, that takes advantage of the console.
I would have though the manual aiming system would be very complemetory to the remote.

If I want to play Residnet evil 4 with the remote, I'll stick my Resident evil 4 into the Wii.

If I want to play Residnet evil 4 with the remote, I'll stick my Resident evil 4 into the Wii.

Shame that won't work.

To be honest, I think the very fact we are getting an exclusive Resident Evil game shows Capcom's love for Nintendo, and I wouldn't be surprised if Resi 5 was ported over with reduced graphics, once they've tested the capabilities of the system. I mean... looking at Zelda, which is basically a Gamecube game, I don't think the Wii is too far off mid-low end 360 graphics anyway.

-The gameplay of all chapters is designed around RE4's. Press the B trigger on the wiimote to go into over-the-shoulder view, aim with the pointer and press A to fire.

How's that not taking advantage of the console?

And about the Wii's graphical power. Just take into consideration that the gamecube was supposedly very underpowered compared to the mighty Xbox and PS2, Yet most cross platform games didn't seem to suffer on the Cube.

Sony have a tendency to overhype their stuff, and Microsoft seem to follow suit.

This could turn out to be pretty decent. I enjoyed the combat in RE4, with the wiimote it could be even better.

Hopefully its fun, even if its not the full blow game we all want.

Yeh - I think everyne wants a survival horror on the wii that involves sneaking about with a torch. Perhaps a whole new series - more sneaking around and scares over lots of guns and killing.

And about the Wii's graphical power. Just take into consideration that the gamecube was supposedly very underpowered compared to the mighty Xbox and PS2, Yet most cross platform games didn't seem to suffer on the Cube.

Sony have a tendency to overhype their stuff, and Microsoft seem to follow suit.
Yeah but the 360 is already out.. I mean.. Rumours has it that the Broadway(Codename for the Wii CPU) is around 800MHz in clock frequency.. That's pretty small compared to the XB360 for example.. We'll see though.. Also, if they decide that they also want RE5 on the Wii, I hope that they do a port later on instead of developing it simultaneously for the Wii, PS3 and XB360.

Yeah but the 360 is already out.. I mean.. Rumours has it that the Broadway(Codename for the Wii CPU) is around 800MHz in clock frequency.. That's pretty small compared to the XB360 for example.. We'll see though.. Also, if they decide that they also want RE5 on the Wii, I hope that they do a port later on instead of developing it simultaneously for the Wii, PS3 and XB360.

They did that with GRAW and fight night, and both were exceptional on the 360 while mediocre on other consoles.

Fight Night was mediocre on the 360 too if you've played previous installments, they severly messed up the career mode.:\ Stupid EA..
Unless you're just going by graphics in which case FN3 sucks severly on the XB1 compared to the 360, duh.:)
But, seeing as I've played all the FN installments, I can say FN2 is deff. the best of the three, however, if they manage to fix the career mode in FN4 it'll be the best probably.:)

The way RE4 is set up should work really well with the Wii controls actually ... but the game itself doesn't sound worthwhile. They'll probably release a real sequel on the console eventually though.

I hope its like RE:4......that game was so fun.

Back