RIAA Countersued

poseyjmac said:
well, no. actually saying no would be a false assumption since you really can't know what its like to be a software developer. remember the whole deal about cyberpitz's statement of 'i would never buy it anyway' and how that's a false assumption as it could never be proven whether or not he would buy a cd? same kinda thing. but thats actually not the reason i asked the question, heh.

now what if you were applying for a job that you would really like at a very well-known company and the salary offered was making 15 zazangas an hour(lets assume 15 zazangas is a nice amount of money, not a crazy amount, but about average entry level amount appropriate for the position you would be in) would you be happy with this?

Again, you fail to see the logic. If I was making 15 zazangas an hour, and was able to maintain this salary without being layed off, then clearly piracy isn't a big deal.

Nat Turner said:
Again, you fail to see the logic. If I was making 15 zazangas an hour, and was able to maintain this salary without being layed off, then clearly piracy isn't a big deal.

oh my god. just answer the question, im going somewhere with this. theres no point to be made yet

I'd be happy with it if the salary * job security is high enough.

Nat Turner said:
I'd be happy with it if the salary * job security is high enough.

15 zazangas, like i said before, is an average amount for entry level for this esteemed company, but getting your foot in the door in this company is very difficult making it a very valuable job. plus yes the job security is good because a relative guarantees you'll never get laid off. so. are you happy with this?

poseyjmac said:
15 zazangas, like i said before, is an average amount for entry level for this esteemed company, but getting your foot in the door in this company is very difficult making it a very valuable job. plus yes the job security is good because a relative guarantees you'll never get laid off. so. are you happy with this?

Yes.

6char

Nat Turner said:
Yes.

6char

ok so after 3 months, you are sitting down eating lunch with a co-worker who was hired just a couple days after you were. he has a tape recording of a conversation their boss is having with someone else. part of what is heard is that about 4 months ago, some burglars broke into the company and stole hundreds of zazungas worth of equipment, and to make up for it, the company has had cut back starting wages of new hires since then from their standard 20 to a lower 15 zazungas.

do you think that is fair to you?

keep in mind, that its not relevant as to whether it has anything to do with piracy, but the commonality would be getting what you deserve for the amount of work put out.

poseyjmac said:
ok so after 3 months, you are sitting down eating lunch with a co-worker who was hired just a couple days after you were. he has a tape recording of a conversation their boss is having with someone else. part of what is heard is that about 4 months ago, some burglars broke into the company and stole hundreds of zazungas worth of equipment, and to make up for it, the company has had cut back starting wages of new hires since then from their standard 20 to a lower 15 zazungas.

do you think that is fair to you?

keep in mind, that its not relevant as to whether it has anything to do with piracy, but the commonality would be getting what you deserve for the amount of work put out.

I really wouldn't care, as long as my job is safe. On whether it is fair or not, I lack an opinion. My job does not include looking out for the fellow worker. That is not why I work.

Nat Turner said:
I really wouldn't care, as long as my job is safe. On whether it is fair or not, I lack an opinion. My job does not include looking out for the fellow worker. That is not why I work.

heh it has nothing to do with looking out for your fellow worker. you and him are in the same boat both getting 15, when the standard is 20. same answer?

poseyjmac said:
heh it has nothing to do with looking out for your fellow worker. you and him are in the same boat both getting 15, when the standard is 20. same answer?

Well, since I started with 15, it wouldn't make a difference.

Nat Turner said:
Well, since I started with 15, it wouldn't make a difference.

so the burglars stealing the equipment, new hires not getting 20, but 15, its all fair to you?

poseyjmac said:
so the burglars stealing the equipment, new hires not getting 20, but 15, its all fair to you?

Yeah. Again, I'm not the one in charge, I don't care about what other people make. I just want a good income and a secure job.

poseyjmac said:
ok. then you think its fair for you to not get the payment that you rightfully deserve.

If you think you deserve better, you should quit.

My job and pay is secure though, so I'm just fine.

Yes, yes it is.

Looks like I got last word. I WIN I WIN

Not quite, senor Tr0n!
annoyingdancingthing.gif

Back