Rock Songs everyone like..

soulslicer

Tank
Reaction score
Okay, I have always wondered what do you think is the most liked rock song ever, such that ppl who listen to ALL ROCK/MUSIC genres can appreciate. I mean, this song must be so epic, that
1. Must have top the charts
2. Everyone of every genre-type must be able to like it..
3. Obviously, it must be quite epic..

Personally, I am not so sure about rock songs like these my self but maybe you guys know a few..

Queen - We Will Rock You

?

Seems like a commonly liked rocksong.

Smoke on the Water- Deep Purple

Haven't met a person yet who dislikes the song. Although I'm sure they're out there.

Queen - We Will Rock You

?

Seems like a commonly liked rocksong.
Or Bohemian Rhapsody. Encompasses more than just one genre and is still straight forward and iconic enough to be universally loved.

Meh, anyway it's pretty much impossible to find any one song that everyone will like. Also, hate to burst your bubble, but not everyone is into rock.

"Hey Joe" by Jimi Hendrix?

That's the only one I can think of, as I'm not too fond of many of the other "greats".

don't dream it's over - six pence none the richer (the aussie ad song)

many bonjovi songs..

ok fine, not so..

Oh yeah, everyone loves bon jovi and chris cornell :rolleyes:

Pretty much any popular Queen song. I can name the number of people on my hand who actually dislike Queen. And I think I only use two fingers in that.

This thread is doomed to failure.

Here's something I don't understand: whenever a thread goes bad, why do people feel they always have to comment on it? If you don't like it, you don't even have to come back to it, let alone post in it.

:E"The Sweet" Ballroom Blitz Here is a little game play video to go with it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7cwVBRghPc Its Set to The Ship nice game but i got tired of it after a while. I have a free three day pass to it if anybody wants to try it. First PM with your email address gets it

Jackyl - I stand alone
Metallica - Sad But True
Van Halen - Panama
AC/DC - Highway To Hell

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxH39QlRuhg[/YOUTUBE]
:bounce:

party like a rockstar
shop boyz

LOLZLAWLZH4XORZ!!!!!!!!

Jackyl - I stand alone
Metallica - Sad But True
Van Halen - Panama
AC/DC - Highway To Hell

No, these are songs you like.

We're looking for a song that almost everyone in the general public knows and enjoys.

I'd have to pick a queen song of some sort, or maybe "It's the end of thew orld as we know it."

Colours everyone likes, cars everyone likes, TV shows and films everyone likes...it just doesn't work that way.

There are none.

Thread over.

There might not be a song that 100% of the population enjoys, but there are songs that almost everyone knows and loves. Someone mentioned "we will rock you"
Everyone I know, whether or not they like any other rock song, knows that song and at least enjoys listening to it.

So yes, there are some. You are wrong. GTFO.

Kiss - I Wanna Rock and Roll All Night (And Party Every Day)

Five I could think of were:

Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower
Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Chile
Queen - Bohemian Rapsody
Queen - We Are the Champions
Queen - We Will Rock You

I hate We Are the Champions and We Will Rock You. Songs suck.

All Along the Watchtower is a good pick though. Everyone SHOULD know that one.

I only like the version of All Along the Watchtower that's at the end of the season finale of Battlestar Galatica.

That was awesome.

Stones, Paint it Black...

there is no song that everyone will like, unless of course it's by Wild Stallions.

Love Paint it Black. Every time someone mentions it now I get it stuck in my head for a few hours.

Anyone so far who dislikes Bohemian Rhapsody?

Also I'm thinking maybe something well-known by Elton John or David Bowie now, but I can't think what...

I don't like Bohemian Rhapsody. :)

You know, now that I think about it, Soulslicer might have something with Bon Jovi. Can you really hate Livin' on a Prayer? Can you?

Van Halen - Panama
AC/DC - Highway To Hell
Better choices would've been Jump, and You Shook Me All Night Long. Both are better known, and more well-liked by the general public.

What about I Love Rock and Roll, as covered by Joan Jett & the Blackhearts?

Edit: changed "by Joan Jett" to "covered by Joan Jett," before someone says, "The Arrows made that song!" Nobody remembers that version.

You know, now that I think about it, Soulslicer might have something with Bon Jovi. Can you really hate Livin' on a Prayer? Can you?

I can. Quite a lot actually. Goes for pretty much all of Bon Jovi music.

I have a love/hate relationship with that song. On the one hand it's great because it's so darn singable. But on the other I can't stand it for the fact that it's so darn singable.

I can. Quite a lot actually. Goes for pretty much all of Bon Jovi music.
johnbonjovi1ll5.jpg

Also, I've got it. Rock song, popular, everyone likes. It's Land of Confusion. That's the answer.

If you hate Phil Collins, kill yourself, because you hate music.

Anyone so far who dislikes Bohemian Rhapsody?

*Raises hand* :|

Any way, I'm tempted to say "Cars" by Gary Numan, but there's two problems with that. One, I really don't know what the universal reaction to it is. Two, can it really be considered rock? Synth rock? Pop rock? New Wave? What? I mean, this was the verge into the 80's...

Back